Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Hot Springs , Arkansas
Found the perfect topper for the dinette bed!

Hello all!

I have found the perfect mattress topper to transform the dinette bed into a perfect nights sleep or to make it a more comfortable place to lounge. I ordered it Tuesday and it arrived today, Thursday! It is a 3" gel memory foam mattress made by Lucid or www.lucidmattress.com. It is on sale for $85 as of this date and regularly $100. I laid it on the floor and it feels perfect! another great thing is that is folds in thirds for easy transport and because it is only three inches deep it can be laid on top of your regular bed during the daytime and covered with the bedspread! Visit the website for complete details.

Happy camping!

Linda
ljsigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Thanks for posting this Linda....I am no seeing one for $85 on their site. Do you have more information?
Old 08-18-2016, 04:54 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Hot Springs , Arkansas
Update!

So sorry for giving the wrong website! The topper is sold by LinenSpa!

www.linenspa.com

Look under folding 3" Mattress Topper
Old 08-19-2016, 10:39 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Their 3" folding topper is under the Travel tab at the top:

https://www.linenspa.com/products/3-...ding-mattress/

Steve, are you sure this will fit our dinette bed? It does not look like it can be trimmed to fit. The dimensions are: 38" x 75" under the Specifications tab. Is this wide enough, and not too long? I am going out to check. Stand by for edit.

We have been using a new furniture moving pad doubled up, as a temporary solution, but the right topper would be good to find.

Thanks,

Peter

PS -- Edit -- The dimensions I just got are more like 40" x 72" in our 2014 FC20. A 38" width would probably work OK, as those little curved "wing walls" at the exposed outside ends of the dinette seat backs might be tight for a 40" width, but a 75" length will not fit in ours IMO, as the memory foam can't really be "shrunk" that 3", can it?

PS2 -- Welcome to the forum Linda, and thanks for the lead on this. I would be curious for your feedback about the dimension questions I raise above for Steve. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centennialman View Post
Thanks for posting this Linda....I am no seeing one for $85 on their site. Do you have more information?
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 01:01 PM   #5

2016 16' Sport
Campbell , California
We went with this topper for the dinette in a 16' Sport

After using a floppy oversized queen 2in thick topper for a few trips, we went to BB&B and looked at all of the offerings in store.

We went with this topper in Twin which I think works nicely: Bedgear® Fusion React® Performance Twin/Twin XL Mattress Topper in White

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...Keyword=topper

We then put a thin comforter on top of that.

Admittedly it's not that thick but it's just enough to not feel the cushion creases. I like that it's the right size without having to be cut, which can lead in a floppy cover. It didn't offgas like most memory foam does. It has a nice feel to it and it is lighter than the thicker memory foams which can require a bit of wrestling to move over to the bed for storage each day. Though that tri-fold format you mention definitely makes it look easier to move than a single floppy foam.

Unfortunately the mattress straps on it don't reach far enough to go around the cushions so we just don't use them and it's still in place in the morning.
J_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Hot Springs , Arkansas
OTRA15,

I went out this morning and put the topper on our dinette bed and it fit to a "T"! If you go to Airstream.com/manuals you can get the dimensions for your year dinette/booth. I also put the topper on the bed and covered it with the bedspread. It comes to the end of the hamper which is where the curve begins. Again perfect fit! My husband usually lays down after lunch to let his food settle He said it is better than ever! The new 2016's have an upgraded mattress which is much better than the one in our 2010 Int'l Serenity 16'!

Hope this helps!

Linda
Old 08-19-2016, 03:09 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks Linda and J. Bean.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:33 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Hot Springs , Arkansas
Thumbs up Amazon reviews

Even though I did not purchase through Amazon I found the reviews to be very helpful.

https://www.amazon.com/LUCID-Inch-Fo...t&pageNumber=1

I also found 450 thread count sheets by Members Mark at Sam's Club. They are the exact size of the twin mattress topper. They washed up nice, wrinkle free and very soft. The sheet set was $25!

I can't wait to get on the road! I love my 20' FC!

Linda