Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2016, 01:41 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
1987 29' Sovereign
1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , Florida
Dealer prep after trailer selection

You might want to search RVOne on the forums before you buy. When we purchased our AS from them accessories such as pillows, storage bins, stove shelves, screen door slider, manuals, etc were not in the unit at delivery although most had been in there when we signed the deal. Took much negotiating & time to get them to send those items later. Seemed we got results o lay after contacting Airstream with our dealer concerns. Later had a kind of serious warranty issue that was also not handled pleasantly. Just sayin.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
369goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:09 PM   #22
Jerry & Suzanne

2021 20' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
O Fallon , Alabama
Dealer options

When we purchased our 25 international the dealer tried to sell us everything. We were asked about extended warranties, sealent prettily fabric protection, some type of thing that went inside of the tires to keep them from causing damage if the tire blew. To be honest I almost got up and left because there were so many things I started to feel like to Airstream was going to fall apart after I left and if I didn't buy alll these protection plans I would be in a world of hurt. We got sucked into buying this cilijet protection at a cost of over $1200. Wow I feel ripped off after reading all the comment about it. This hole experience ruined my exciting time when I should of been happy. So good luck with your purchase.
Tin Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:21 PM   #23
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Formerly Napa , On the road
I went to Colonial to buy my 2015 FC and I was living on the west cost. The kicker for me was when the saleswoman in Fairfield would not drop her price and told me if I bought elsewhere service in Fairfield would be an issue, After that experience there was no way I would ever buy from them. Colonial was awesome.

I have had service done in Johnson City and those folks were awesome. I have been on the road for two and a half years and all subsequent service was done at Orange County Airstream in Westminster. The best service on the west coast, and I tell everyone to go to Westminster and talk to Danny Galindo...
Old 12-17-2016, 02:36 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 369goose View Post
You might want to search RVOne on the forums before you buy. When we purchased our AS from them accessories such as pillows, storage bins, stove shelves, screen door slider, manuals, etc were not in the unit at delivery although most had been in there when we signed the deal. Took much negotiating & time to get them to send those items later. Seemed we got results o lay after contacting Airstream with our dealer concerns. Later had a kind of serious warranty issue that was also not handled pleasantly. Just sayin.
We put a deposit on a used 25' with RV1 in Tampa that was listed as in excellent shape. We went over to look at it and it was a piece of garbage. The previous owner had cut the bumper out to mount a tow bar for some kind of a receiver, which separated the rear end, not to mention all the trim, which they were going to caulk. 3 of the original wheels were there, but the 4th was a mismatch, and no spare. The interior was worse. We walked away and it took about 2 months to have our deposit returned with many phone calls and promises made. We finally got their attention by disputing the charge, which the CC company said would cause their account to be debited until we were paid. Much more responsive.

We did go down and look at the trailers at the Orlando RV1 and, while the salesperson was nice, he didn't always give the correct information, and the sales experience was akin to buying a used car. We went home and decided the type trailer we wanted, called the salesperson to inquire about it, played telephone tag for a day, the last message being totally garbled, so I called back, asked him to give us a call because we couldn't hear the message, and never heard back again. This after letting him know we were going to purchase.

I live 2.5 miles from that dealer. I won't even go back for maintenance. I had no problem driving the 1k+ miles one way to purchase from Colonial.
StrmyWeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:55 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Olympia , Washington
I have no quarrel with Colonial whatsoever, although when I was shopping for a new AS last year, I got a significantly better price than what Colonial quoted me from the Los Angeles AS dealer & an even better price (by over $1K) from Toscano RV, in central CA (Los Banos). I eventually bought from Toscano, & its salesman was nothing but gentlemanly & helpful with no upsell at all.
RIP "BigDog": M Harlequin Great Dane, 150 lb
"St. Rocco": M Black Great Dane, 150 lb
Rgentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Tampa , Florida
Wow! All the comments have really helped out. We actually decided to wait and shop around some more. We can't wait to get our AS. We will be using it as I do travel nursing and my wife works remotely. Glad we found this forum. You guys are awesome!

Steve
Scuba6801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
the woodlands , Texas
Did you use Orlando RV? I will pick up my FC the 28 from them. They will install my ProPride that I am bringing. The did not try to sell me anything else- not even an extended warranty. Our truck had the brake controller already. Good luck.
Leslieotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:24 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
the woodlands , Texas
I live just north of you capnbob. I am going to Orlando RV. I will let you know how it goes.
Leslieotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:32 PM   #29

2017 28' International
Palmyra , Pennsylvania
Dealer prep after trailer selection

We purchased two new AS's, the second a factory order in 2017. Accessory sales pressure when ordering and picking up was non-existent. My advice is review the window sticker line by line when taking delivery. I failed that check upon delivery on August 31, 2016 and left without a fire extinguisher, and magazine racks. They were to be shipped to my home, never happened.

I also failed to examine the power patio awning, due to a trailer parked beside
our unit. We opened it about three feet during the walk through. When the awning was opened during first trip a dime size circular hole was quite evident.
The dealer was immediately notified on 9/03/16. Salesman advised service/parts department would be in contact. I called 9/19/16 spoke with service and was advised parts would be shipped to my home, except the replacement awning. Jeremy of AS customer relations called from factory on 10/11/16. He agreed to resolve problems with dealer. On 11/11/16 I contacted
Jeremy regarding no dealer response. Jeremy contacted dealer, Eric in service called this date and advised the awning could be installed in the spring. He further advised the fire extinguisher, and magazine racks would shipped to my home. Five weeks later still waiting.
Hard to believe that our unit was inspected by the dealer upon arrival from factory.
2nd Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:12 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
2014 30' Classic
Princeton , Iowa
Al you need is a Brake controller for you TV, it may already have one, mine did.

Believe me the tires will work very well if you keep them a 60 PSI. I have a 26 U and do not even use a Weight Distribution sway control hitch.

You do need to do a good walk trough. You will find a bunch of stuff supplied with the trailer in the storage compartment.

Have fun.
larryglarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:09 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Fort Myers , Florida
We purchased our 26U from RV one using internet. Jessica Herman( internet sales person) was very easy to deal with, and we had zero problems when arrived to pick up our trailer in Orlando. We bought our own hitch and they set it up when we took delivery. They also installed fiamma bike rack that I had sent to them. The price was 22% off MSRP.
stevenson748 is offline   Reply With Quote