Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2019, 10:51 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud03 View Post
Any pros or cons with the sliding/rolling shower door on the 26U?
Mine works well. I understand it's a high tech deal. As the door rolls back into it's case, it squeegees off the water. My complaint is a few teaspoons end up on the floor. I just leave a sponge there. There is a learning curve as to hooking the door closed from inside the shower. But it's never flown open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neck101 View Post
Also, any further issues with your macerator toilet?
I've never had a problem with the toilet, but I only use it for liquids, so far. I'm usually near civilization when the need arises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeegan View Post
Does anyone know how to remove the wooden top on the front road side seat?
I'd like to know also, because someday I want to reinforce the cleats that hold the table in 'bed' position. I'm guessing you'll have to remove the backrest and maybe it will then lift out.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:43 AM   #42
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud03 View Post
Any pros or cons with the sliding/rolling shower door on the 26U?

Those doors are fantastic. There are 20 year old 19’s and 25’s running around with the original doors, no mould no problems.

We often remove the silly swinging shower doors in other models and switch them to the rollaway doors. Swinging doors are trouble prone, they drip water all over the floor when you open them and you can’t hang things to dry in the shower because you can’t leave the door open. So the rolling door is much easier to live with, makes the interior feel larger as well.

Andy

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions."
Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot
Andrew T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Box Elder , South Dakota
Greetings all! On my 2018 26RBQ I have a 2” or so hole hole under the nightstand in the interior skin a few inches above the floor. Does anyone else have this hole? Anyone know what it’s for? Any harm in blocking it off?

Thanks in advance
Labeda14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:04 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labeda14 View Post
Greetings all! On my 2018 26RBQ I have a 2” or so hole hole under the nightstand in the interior skin a few inches above the floor. Does anyone else have this hole?
No, at least I've never seen it. By nightstand, I take it to mean that floating nightstand that's between the bed and the rear wall.
In the area you describe, the outside storage locker is under the head of the bed.
For a long time, I thought that storage locker had an automatic light that came on when the door opened. Then one night I noticed a glow under the bed. That switch is in the worst position, it evidently got bumped and was on for ???
Old 12-16-2019, 01:52 PM   #45
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Box Elder , South Dakota
Here is a photo of the hole...it has a rubber grommet in it, but it is open to the wall cavity. I think I’m going to close it up...

As for the storage cabinet light...been there on accidentally turning it on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64BA2CAC-1CD1-422D-A131-558BF8169947.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	357765  
Labeda14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:59 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Frederick , Maryland
26U Counter Space

Has anyone figured out a way to create more counter space when cooking? Just wondering if someone has thought of a great way to create more counter space when needed. We use the dinette table tops but maybe an ingenious method has been discovered?!

Thanks for any thoughts!
mdtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Thornton , Colorado
26U questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labeda14 View Post
Here is a photo of the hole...it has a rubber grommet in it, but it is open to the wall cavity. I think I’m going to close it up...

As for the storage cabinet light...been there on accidentally turning it on.

Two weeks ago, I had our local AS dealer add a tail/brake/ turn signal wire pigtail into our fender storage compartment. It’s purpose is to connect temporary lights when we have our bikes in the rack.
Ok, back to the point. So they fished the wire pigtail into the mysterious grommeted hole, and up to the stop light on that side. That’s how it’s connected into the system. The dealer then drilled a small hole, lower and about 6” from the grommet, to route the wire into the fender storage. My conclusion is that the grommeted hole is for wire access.
Silverpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:54 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtravelers View Post
Has anyone figured out a way to create more counter space when cooking? Just wondering if someone has thought of a great way to create more counter space when needed. We use the dinette table tops but maybe an ingenious method has been discovered?!

Thanks for any thoughts!
No, and I've thought about everything from a hinged table on the storage door to TV trays.
What I did do was make a cutting board with legs to straddle the stove if I was using the instant pot or electric grill.
That made the stovetop available.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #49
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Spring Lake , Michigan
Love our 26U but still have not solved the issue of the wall separating at the front .corner.
happy2retire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:46 AM   #50
Rivet Master

Kensington , Maryland
Have any 26U owners modified the size/shape of the two table halves?

Here are my thoughts. At present we sit opposite each other (street/curb) using both table halves. The entire hitch side bench goes unused. Further more that underutilized bench might be great to stretch out on except the table is so close that it interferes.

Sooooo, perhaps we trim 5" off the front side of the table so as to make that bench more of a lounge or we remove all the cushions and start to fit storage space...that's alot of potential storage.

*Note we really never have more than two guests so the extra "seating" is superfluous.
Too tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:28 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too tall View Post
Have any 26U owners modified the size/shape of the two table halves?
I have a plan to make a round 24" table from a wood blank, stain and polyurethane. I already have a new post and base 2" shorter than stock, and I'm mounting it 2" off center.
Basically, I'll store the stock tables, and use the round one as a small drink/snack table while using the seating area.
By having it 2" off center, I can move it around to give me 4" of extra room.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:49 AM   #52
Rivet Master

Kensington , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I have a plan to make a round 24" table from a wood blank, stain and polyurethane. I already have a new post and base 2" shorter than stock, and I'm mounting it 2" off center.
Basically, I'll store the stock tables, and use the round one as a small drink/snack table while using the seating area.
By having it 2" off center, I can move it around to give me 4" of extra room.
That's smart. Could I talk you into sharing a sketch? I get it, that would make the hitch side bench accessible.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:46 AM   #53
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
I have a round table, 22" dia. and one of the small Base Camp tables as an end table/coffee table and I bought a second regular leaf with the large radius corners so I now have two of those making it easier to get all the way around the table/seating. Somewhere in this forum I have posted pictures of them but I can't seem to find the photos to repost them here. Will keep looking...
AlanMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:03 AM   #54
Rivet Master

Kensington , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanMcD View Post
I have a round table, 22" dia. and one of the small Base Camp tables as an end table/coffee table and I bought a second regular leaf with the large radius corners so I now have two of those making it easier to get all the way around the table/seating. Somewhere in this forum I have posted pictures of them but I can't seem to find the photos to repost them here. Will keep looking...

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f54...le-177881.html
Old 08-23-2022, 10:11 AM   #55
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Guelph , Ontario
Remove wooden top on the front road side seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeegan View Post
Does anyone know how to remove the wooden top on the front road side seat? There is access to the electrics in the corner (removable access panel), but not access to the area with the furnace. TIA for any help.
Have you figured this out, I need to get in there to fix a collapsed furnace support?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	collapsed furnace support).jpg
Views:	26
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	421382  
rich.dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:52 AM   #56
Trailer Sold, Waving

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Stettler , Alberta
look for screws under the plastic wood colored trim edge. peeling it away from the bottom will probably expose the screw head.
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:11 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too tall View Post
That's smart. Could I talk you into sharing a sketch? I get it, that would make the hitch side bench accessible.
The post is 2 years old, but here goes.
I used the stock floor flanges, and bought new base and post from Cascade Depot.
This is the underside. The table top is Ambrosia Maple from a guy on Esty. It's just edge glued and 1" thick so I decided to add a stiffener, and that's the dark stain 18" disc. I assure you the 18" disc is perfectly centered, but the wide angle camera lens makes it look stretched. The base IS off center by two inches. So by rotating the top, the result is moving the surface 4" in total.

I'm going to disable the "locking mechanism" on the new post because it takes three hands to remove the top, and I store it while moving.

If I did another I might try 3" offset to create a 6" adjustment.
I tried a reclaimed wood top first but it was so heavy I feared it would rip out the floor screws underway.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:46 PM   #58
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Guelph , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron2010 View Post
look for screws under the plastic wood colored trim edge. peeling it away from the bottom will probably expose the screw head.
There’s no plastic trim on the edges, I’m completely stumped, there’s gotta be a way to remove this base!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	421522  
rich.dev is offline   Reply With Quote