Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-23-2016, 05:52 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Rear camera is nice as we can monitor traffic behind us. It helps with backing and has voice sound too so you can hear directions when backing if needed.
Do you have to mount a display screen in your tow vehicle, or can you utilize an existing display on the dash? My Chevy Duramax has a rear camera with a display monitor in the dash. It would be nice if you could feed the AS camera to it and not have to mount another one.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:59 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanMcD View Post
Changed my mind on the 16". I can do it cheaper afterwards BUT, they are putting a different 15" tire on starting January 1st on all Airstreams. So no longer will they be using the Marathon. The new tire is a 85 mph rated Goodyear I think he said it was a Goodyear "Endurance" but I can't remember for sure. so I'm going to give those a try and may or may not at some point go to the 16" depending on how these new Goodyear's perform. Oh and the cost of the Michelin upgrade is $1700 dollars now.

-Alan
Yes, it is the Goodyear Endurance ST tires going on all Airstreams starting January 1st 2017.

-Alan
AlanMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:52 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtech View Post
Do you have to mount a display screen in your tow vehicle, or can you utilize an existing display on the dash? My Chevy Duramax has a rear camera with a display monitor in the dash. It would be nice if you could feed the AS camera to it and not have to mount another one.

It comes with a 7" wireless color monitor for inside the truck. Plugs into 12 volt socket in truck. All controls are on the monitor. It comes with a mount if you want to use it or just lay it or velcro it somewhere.

I'm not sure you can receive wireless signals through your trucks monitor? Dealer didn't mention that when we installed in my truck and I have one of those monitors. Some tech smarter than me will have to answer that but my guess is no.

It works good and will add to safety backing and traveling. Can't go wrong with that!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:49 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
I have the rear view camera package on our new 2017FC. Picked it up a few weeks ago. It didn't do much, wasn't sure I liked it. Then I adjusted the camera as they had the angle too low. Now I love it. Makes changing lanes easier and you can see what's coming up on you.

You cannot connect to existing indash systems.

Thanks

Thx
Troutboy, aka Rich