Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #441
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Fort Myers , Florida
We have 2017 model with twins, and had small amount of water has leak out into hall from bathroom wall near the toilet. I never could figure out where the water came from. I looked carefully behind the toilet with flash light and every thing looked dry. I am curious where the water is coming from and why, seems to be infrequent problem. Since reading others have had same experience, maybe some one will find where the water is coming from
stevenson748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:43 AM   #442
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWBishop View Post
Agree it is not a desirable design, am also terrified of a clog or issue, and would have preferred the old-fashioned foot flush. But I am amused that you take any and every opportunity to mention the "SIX 90 degree bends"
Am I wrong?
I looked at the plumbing layout in the manual.
If I had known about the toilet, I may have selected a different design. But the 26U has a lot of great features also.
The toilet is not one of them.
But I'm pleased I gave you a chuckle!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:41 PM   #443
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Thornton , Colorado
We like the macerator toilet. When I push the flush button there is a good and powerful suction, just like an aircraft toilet. Even our five year old granddaughter mastered it on the first attempt. Additionally, it sure makes draining/flushing the black tank easy.
Silverpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:48 AM   #444
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Frederick , Maryland
Has anyone upgraded the wheels and tires on their 26U (I have a 2016) to the Sendel 16" (T03-66655T or similar) and Michelin LT225/75R16 115/112R 10 Ply tires? I'm getting ready to place the order but would like to know if anyone has had issues with this.

Thanks.
mdtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #445
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Bastrop , Texas
We have a 2016 26U and replaced the 15" wheels and tires with 16". Glad we did as one of the GYM's was about to fail badly. Would not have noticed it otherwise. Replacement was done through Discount Tire. Sendel T03 wheels and Michelin Defender Tires and metal valve stems for the TPMS. I thought I may have issues with the spare tire but it slipped in easily. Easy swap out and trip to West Texas on the new set-up was great. Rig feels more stable. Have old wheels/tires on Craigs List but little interest. Make sure you use the right jack location points. Unfortunately our trailer slipped off the jack, lots of damage.
Tarcoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #446
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Wayland , Massachusetts
Hi Everyone. We just had Airstream of Nashua install a Marine Teak Lagun table in our 2016 26 RBQ. It is awesome! Please send me an email request and I will send info and photos because I cannot figure out how to attach google photos to this thread. In the alternative, you could tell me how to attach photos and I will post right away. I know I sound excited because this table solves so many issues for us and it looks great. The service folks at Airstream of Nashua are really terrific.
jsfranchek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #447
1 Rivet Member

Prosper , Texas
We have 2018 26U rb. The maserator came loose and caused water leak. Took access panel off in the bedroom and pushed pump hose back onto the toilet and tightened the clamp. Also put a couple of shim shingles under it for support. If you hit some rough roads, it may cause the connection to come loose.
jimmy-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:45 AM   #448

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
We are new to the forum so I hope I post this question correctly. We are considering buying an Airstream and are interested in the 26U (26RB) but have a couple of issues. My wife doesn't like the small mirror and the open shelf above the sink in the bath. Can a larger mirror be installed on the shelf as is done in, I believe the 27 and 28 foot vehicles? She also doesn't like having a convection microwave beneath the stove and it seems a little strange having a microwave in the pull out pantry that would get in the way when going through the hallway. We'd appreciate comments. Thanks.
Snoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:26 AM   #449
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Moss Point , Mississippi
Yes, the microwave requires a bit of a squeeze to get by it when in use, but we find we can manage. My wife brings her lit mirror that sits on the counter when not moving. We have the oven (great storage and probably use it to broil garlic bread as much as anything). Good luck with your choice. We have the twin and really like the 3 exterior storage compartments.
Dave-n-Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:18 AM   #450
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozie View Post
She also doesn't like having a convection microwave beneath the stove and it seems a little strange having a microwave in the pull out pantry that would get in the way when going through the hallway. We'd appreciate comments. Thanks.
The microwave under the stovetop was a deal breaker for me.
I never use the oven, but I'd never stoop to use the microwave.
As far as the pull out shelf, I'm solo so it's not a problem, but I see where it would be for a family. You can't push the microwave in while it's running because it shuts off as a safety feature. The Contoure microwave is tiny (.7 cu ft.) but so far it's worked out for me.

If I was starting over, I'd take a long look at the twin layout. The practical use of floor space and access to the cabinets PLUS two more outside storage compartments might win me over. The queen is nice and you don't lay against the cold metal skin, but the overhead cabinets are almost unusable, and changing sheets is challenging.
Although there's a gap between the rear and the bed, it's too small to stand in.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:04 PM   #451
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
One of the joys of owning an Air Stream is making it yours. I have a 26U Twin floorpan. If you don't like the open self over the bathroom sink, take it out. It's just screwed to the wall. Want a bigger mirror, remove the small one and purchase/install your ideal mirror. And take the microwave out...now you have more storage space. And get the twin floorplan...you won't regret it. Reread the post above regarding an AS with the queen east/west bed.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:35 PM   #452
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Moss Point , Mississippi
We use the open shelf over the sink to keep our smaller items in small plastic baskets that just fit. I keep my razor, charger, toothpase, brush, floss for example in one. They ride just fine in transit so one less thing to fuss with.

As for the microwave drawer, it is a slight squeeze, but the off switch still allows enough space to get by the drawer when the microwave is running.

Definitely strongly consider the twin bed layout. Also recommend the 2nd AC with the resultant 50 amp service.

Good luck in your quest!!
Old 01-18-2019, 06:09 PM   #453
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-n-Janet View Post
Also recommend the 2nd AC with the resultant 50 amp service.
OMG! Yes!
Old 01-19-2019, 06:39 AM   #454
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
We love the Twin, the large bathroom, and yes the 50A.
Have the standard oven but debated long on getting the convection.
Ultimately I still question our decision, so really still 50/50 either way.
I like standard oven and micro does block isle, but micros do not run long.

One thing to keep in mind about convection under the stove.
I agree it would be inconvenient to have to bend over to get food out.
But for me I would prefer that over the ones mounted high.
Nothing would be worse than having boiling food spill out all over me.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:14 AM   #455
1 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozie View Post
We are new to the forum so I hope I post this question correctly. We are considering buying an Airstream and are interested in the 26U (26RB) but have a couple of issues. My wife doesn't like the small mirror and the open shelf above the sink in the bath. Can a larger mirror be installed on the shelf as is done in, I believe the 27 and 28 foot vehicles? She also doesn't like having a convection microwave beneath the stove and it seems a little strange having a microwave in the pull out pantry that would get in the way when going through the hallway. We'd appreciate comments. Thanks.
Can’t answer your question as to whether a larger mirror can be installed, but we like the open shelf and use it to store extra towels.

I would’ve preferred the convection microwave, but we have the microwave in the pantry. I agree, it is a little awkward when you have to get by when the microwave is being used, but we deal with it.
cchog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:05 AM   #456
Rivet Master

2023 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
Love the 26 U Twin layout. A great choice . We will however sell ours in the spring. After 30+ years of travel we are going to change our style of travel.
Hotel W/Pool.
knunut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:41 AM   #457
4 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Greeneville , Tennessee
26U For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by knunut View Post
Love the 26 U Twin layout. A great choice . We will however sell ours in the spring. After 30+ years of travel we are going to change our style of travel.
Hotel W/Pool.
Did you sell it yet?
jimfa440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 03:23 AM   #458
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by knunut View Post
Hotel W/Pool.
There's good and bad about both. When I think of how much we spend in insurance and storage fees and then how much due to work schedules that we don't use our Airstream, it doesn't make sense financially. A pool and motel would work better... and to be honest since we put in a pool at the house, it really makes wanting to leave harder.

All that said, there's nothing like the joy the Airstream brings us when we do take it out. Makes up for all the money we put into it, regardless of cost.
wbrisett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 03:51 AM   #459
Rivet Master

Kensington , Maryland
Does anyone know the shower stall (interior) height of the 26U FB twin vs FC 25 FB twin? We love our FC 25 FB twin very much however are looking to find a taller shower without going to a longer trailer.
Too tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:01 AM   #460
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Moss Point , Mississippi
shower on 26RBT looks like 5' 11" floor to bottom of light and 6' 1" floor to highest point. There is a built in seat.