Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2017, 11:38 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
San Diego , California
Special edition MSRP?

Hi everyone, new here. My wife and I are have our eyes on the tommy bahama relax edition and wanted to reach out to see if anyone has purchased a limited edition new recently. I read elsewhere in the forums that prices are frequently 15-20% off MSRP and wondering if owners of special editions have had similar experiences.

I kind of expect the Pendleton owners to have paid MSRP since there were only 100 but some kind of validation would be greatly appreciated. Colonial airstream shows 2018 tommy Bahamas inbound so I'm guessing it won't be as limited as the Pendleton.
air_razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Oakville , Ontario
I ordered a Tommy Bahama 27FB and was able to get a +15% discount. I'm a repeat customer at my dealer which may have helped.
The Naker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naker View Post
I ordered a Tommy Bahama 27FB and was able to get a +15% discount. I'm a repeat customer at my dealer which may have helped.
Thanks for the input. I also got another message from another member that mentioned the equivalent of a 18-20% discount on the Tommy Bahama. Another datapoint for anyone else interested in these.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Some other factors on "your cost": A trailer that's been on the lot for 9 months likely will sell for a bit less than one that is still inbound (with none on the lot for months). A trailer that is there in November with the prospect of storing it over the winter probably will sell for less. Right ow we are at "peak season" for trailer sales. That's probably not the best time to get that last 2 or 3% off MSRP.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , USA
I think you'll be able to get a good deal on a Tommy Bahama if you really want one of those.

They're most probably not going to sell like the amazing Pendleton...they are more of a niche trailer (and "Tommy Bahama" just sounds and looks silly written all over the place).

I'd expect there'll be a bunch of these sitting unsold so you should be able to get a good discount.

Airstream has hit a few out of the park (the Pendleton, the Ocean Breeze, the 75th Anniversary Bambi) but they've also gotten burned by a few of their wacky editions (like that Victorinox clock thing and the original Basecamp) so the wackier the trailer the better the discount. They couldn't give those things away.

I'd wait a bit and see what the market says.

After the Tommy Bahama they might make a Cheri Oteri or Larry Ferrari version (complete with an organ in the back).
RareStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:24 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Oakville , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareStream View Post
I think you'll be able to get a good deal on a Tommy Bahama if you really want one of those.

They're most probably not going to sell like the amazing Pendleton...they are more of a niche trailer (and "Tommy Bahama" just sounds and looks silly written all over the place).

I'd expect there'll be a bunch of these sitting unsold so you should be able to get a good discount.

Airstream has hit a few out of the park (the Pendleton, the Ocean Breeze, the 75th Anniversary Bambi) but they've also gotten burned by a few of their wacky editions (like that Victorinox clock thing and the original Basecamp) so the wackier the trailer the better the discount. They couldn't give those things away.

I'd wait a bit and see what the market says.

After the Tommy Bahama they might make a Cheri Oteri or Larry Ferrari version (complete with an organ in the back).
Sounds like you are insecure about something. Its fine to have your opinion but not when you act like it is fact.

I happen to much prefer the Tommy Bahama over the Pendleton. I'm not a fan of branding either (note that the Pendleton also has branding) but I do think the Tommy Bahama took the Island Breeze concept to the next level. This, of course, is just my opinion.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:47 AM   #7
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Based on inventory lists of what people have on lots, you will have far more trouble finding a Classic 33' than a Tommy Bahama. The main driver there being that they didn't make very many 33' Classics at all last year.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
San Diego , California
I'm not a huge fan of the branding all over the trailer either but it's got a lot of good things going for it in terms of decor (personally like the color scheme and the fabric cushions instead of 100% ultraleather). The hatch is also something I think I'll use quite often since I'll be workamping full time and will be using that dinette almost everyday for that so having that part open will make the entire trailer feel much more spacious.

Since my original post, my wife is now leaning more toward a 30' international serenity after looking at a few while I still lean tommy bahama.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:32 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
We plan on purchasing a TB before the end of the year. I find it odd that some people are put off by the "branding" when they have the Airstream brand on their trailers and the everyone who sees the silver coming down the road or when parked knows the brand immediately. I understand it may not be for everyone. We are looking forward to the rear hatch ( does it have an official name? ) and love the interior.

Also ~ can we rename this forum now since we know the name of the "new trailer"?
Old 08-01-2017, 07:41 AM   #10
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
I don't like any branding I took off my serenity badge and I'll probly get rid of those giant 'A I R S T R E A M' signs eventually, I just aint had the time.
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:42 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
How difficult was it to remove the badge? As simple as using the "dental floss" method?
Old 08-01-2017, 07:44 AM   #12
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradSchauf View Post
How difficult was it to remove the badge? As simple as using the "dental floss" method?
Easy as pie. Just took a hot air gun to it for a couple seconds and peeled her right off. Cleaned the residue with googone, whole thing took maybe 45 seconds.
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Bonita Springs , Florida
RE: Colinial

Was quoted couple weeks ago 101k for MSRP of 126k TB 27 over the phone..
AirUSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:09 AM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Oakville , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradSchauf View Post
We plan on purchasing a TB before the end of the year. I find it odd that some people are put off by the "branding" when they have the Airstream brand on their trailers and the everyone who sees the silver coming down the road or when parked knows the brand immediately. I understand it may not be for everyone. We are looking forward to the rear hatch ( does it have an official name? ) and love the interior.

Also ~ can we rename this forum now since we know the name of the "new trailer"?
We love our TB. No regrets. The interior is amazing and having the rear hatch open transforms the trailer. Good luck!

I also agree we need to rename the forum now...
Old 08-01-2017, 11:04 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post

Same here. We're definitely gonna purchase toward the end of the year. Colonial is a bit far for us though it seems everyone has rave reviews for them.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Admin, can we rename this forum to “Tommy Bahama Special Edition”?
Old 10-04-2017, 08:21 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Marana , Arizona
Special edition MSRP?

I have sent an email to the forum admins to change the name. If you agree we need a name change - let them know here in the forum please!
Old 10-04-2017, 03:52 PM   #18
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
For Certain -We need a section for the TB -
2019 RAM PowerWagon TV-Petrol Hemi
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:40 PM   #19
Fly Navy and Beat Army!

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
St Peters , Missouri
Please change the name

I used the contact us tab at the bottom of the page to request Admins change the name of "Shhhh... Coming soon" to something similar to Tommy Bahama Relax Edition.
Squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:47 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
There was not much branding to remove on our EB ... just saying.
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote