Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Tommy Bahama Special Editions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-15-2017, 03:09 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic
Fresno , California
We Love the Tommy Bahamma and it wern't for our lack of $150K we would be right at home in one. I suppose we were way ahead of the factory on this one. My wife and I have a 2003 Classic 30 that we have made our own. I have built a custom slide out shelf for our ice maker and a wine rack that holds 8 bottles. Tropical accents with surf board fabric on our valences.

We seem to have missed a lot in buying a 2003. We missed out on the initial drive off depreciation. We lost out on the warranty repairs of the new units. Yep we have missed out on alot and we wouldn't have it any other way. We love our Airstream and we have loved putting in the effort and time to make it unique. We are quite sure there will be many who would not like our trailer...but you know...who cares. We own it and are very proud of it.
ldireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
1987 29' Sovereign
1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , Florida
Sanity Check on the Tommy Bahama 27FB

The TB is an ok design/decor. However, I doubt I'd purchase one either. Unless, of course, Tommy Bahama or Airstream we're paying me to tow around their advertising. I feel the same about displaying any designer logo though.

Happy Camping ⛺️

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
369goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
I like the overall design, but could you just lay off the branding about everywhere you look! I get it that it's a Tommy, but displaying the name and logo every chance you get is what cheapens it for me.

If the brand name wasn't everywhere, I think I could buy it! One big billboard.

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:57 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Selbyville , Delaware
Well the simple fact is is that if you want a rear hatch in a new trailer, the TB is it!
jamieb1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:00 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
GILBERT , Arizona
I did see one of the rear hatch in YELLOWSTONE and he could not open the back because of the bugs flying in.

Bummer.
2013 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
dames7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
East central , Illinois
Some people buy a condo at the beach, some a cabin in the woods to vacation. We like the Pendelton for the cabin feel and are very happy with it. Beach themes are popular with others. We love the rear hatch and have had it open many times while camping at a lake to catch the morning and evening breezes. It does have a screen to pull down. We actually get more bugs in the trailer if we forget and leave the outside light on and then try to get in the trailer. I think the light should be a little farther from the door so this doesn't happen.
That's the great thing about any trailer brand, many styles and shapes to choose from. To each his or her own.
Gina
GinaNBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:52 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklyfrank View Post
I love the TB but I think its a boozers trailer :-).

I wouldn't know what to do with all the bottle racks.

I guess we could use them for shoes and flip flops.

I would put booze in the racks. Or if it's not your thing, maybe Pepsi or your favorite bottled water. The TB isn't for us, but I'd like to be camping next to one - I bet happy hour would be a hoot! At the end of the day, despite our druthers, we ALL love our AS.
VaTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:16 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The Tommy Bahama isn't my cup of tea, either.
Some find the hickory wood Classics (my trailer) hideous and would not own one.
I would still like to walk through the Tommy Bahama edition, though.
It's like the wild custom cars with the big wheels and flashy paint jobs- not my thing but I still enjoy looking at them and respect the guy who went to the effort and is proud of the result.
You gotta respect people for their choices even if it isn't what you would do personally.
Variety is the spice of like.
It takes all kinds.
Different strokes.
Everyone has a reason for the trailer they choose- or tow vehicle or hitch or tires...
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTravelers View Post
I would put booze in the racks. Or if it's not your thing, maybe Pepsi or your favorite bottled water. The TB isn't for us, but I'd like to be camping next to one - I bet happy hour would be a hoot! At the end of the day, despite our druthers, we ALL love our AS.

Ditto,
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:47 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' International
Calgary , Alberta
Cool

With us baby boomers aging, guess it`s just a matter of time before the `Depends`edition comes out...LOL
Poodle and two cats!
Masondood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Canton , Georgia
We just got a look at the Tommy Bahamas in person when we dropped our 23FB off at the dealer for service. My husband is in love with it. I like a lot of the features but probably wouldn't spend the extra cash for all of the extras.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

Louisville , Kentucky
TB is a bit dated in my opinion. Now if they had a Southern Tide, Vineyard Vines, Lily Pulitzer model my wife would make me buy one of each[emoji23]
timdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:24 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Canton , Georgia
Agreed. I feel it would look dated very quickly.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:26 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Buy the floor plan you like and then make it your own by changing the decor.

The Pendleton and tommy Bahamas's are nice Airstream's but not everyone's cup of tea...that's why they make so many different models and colors. I don't think it's right to trash someone else's choice just because I you don't like the design.

Like ice cream...choose the flavor you like and add your choice of toppings!

I personally like all the different Airstream's they make. Love seeing different ideas and decor. What a boring world if we all had the same taste.

Get what makes you feel good and smile...but be sure you allow others to do the same.
Amen ...many don't like the Eddie Bauer either and we have heard all of their justifications ....buuuuut, for us it is great! In fact we are on our second EB - it is a real loss that they took them out of the lineup.
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:06 AM   #35
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
We have a 2015 Eddie Bauer 25 and went today to look at a 2016 EB 27. My wife has back issues and we have two children that are embarking on teen age years. While looking at this 2016 EB 27, we decided out of morbid curiosity to look at the TB they had on the show room floor. From looking online, we knew the TB wasn't for us. We aren't Margaritaville people (although we do like a good margarita on Friday nights) and we are more mountain people than beach people. I already had formed my judgement against it.

Then we went in and sat down. Suddenly it "felt right" to us. Granted, we don't like the throw pillow and bedding and the wall paper in the bathroom would have to go, but we fell in love with the "cabin" feel of the interior. The more we were in it, the more we fell in love with it.

We are not certain if we'll end up with it or not, but we did put a deposit down on it. If we get it, we'll be taking our bedding and throw pillows to add our Eddie Bauer touches to it. The TB portion really means nothing to us. It was more the wood, shutter doors and wooden blinds. We really liked the ultra leather seats with the woven canvas backs.

We didn't buy the EB to use as a hauler so we never raised the seats ever. We did however, love being able to open the rear hatch just to sit and enjoy the breeze coming in. So with the TB, you get the same but you gain the additional storage we lacked in the EB under the seating.

The moral of the story ... don't judge a book by the cover or by the name. We went in wanting to hate the TB, and came out loving it.

We'll see how this story develops

D
2019 RAM PowerWagon TV-Petrol Hemi
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:48 PM   #36
1 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
2018 28' Tommy Bahama
Dallas , Texas
Flipped and doing it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinmeredith View Post
We just got a look at the Tommy Bahamas in person when we dropped our 23FB off at the dealer for service. My husband is in love with it. I like a lot of the features but probably wouldn't spend the extra cash for all of the extras.
My hubby fell in love ❤️ with the Tommy as well! Me ~ not so much, BUT the look on his face when he is in it just cracks me up! I told him all we needed was some shag green carpet from the 70's, some groovin' music and we would be the hit of the campground! (I told him it was like we crawled inside a Hawaiian shirt)

Since he let me pick out the first AS, 2017 Classic with the recliner couch, beautiful mahogany cabinets and the amazing beds that sit up with the push of a button...ahhh, I was in heaven...anyway, like I said, I picked out the first one so he got to pick out this one! (the 1st one almost killed us when it hit a big bump, forced us into a concrete bridge embankment and then flipped while turning us into oncoming traffic. We survived but AS and truck did not.) We got a Hensley hitch and are getting ready to hit the road in a few weeks. A few xanax and I should be fine,

It shouldn't surprise me that we differ in tastes considering we are opposites in most everything. Here is to making memories and enjoying life.
LamAtHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:52 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Canton , Georgia
It's a beautiful unit! Have fun and enjoy it! We just purchased a 27 international signature. I'm excited to take delivery and hit the road.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:42 AM   #38
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by djarrett View Post
We have a 2015 Eddie Bauer 25 and went today to look at a 2016 EB 27. My wife has back issues and we have two children that are embarking on teen age years. While looking at this 2016 EB 27, we decided out of morbid curiosity to look at the TB they had on the show room floor. From looking online, we knew the TB wasn't for us. We aren't Margaritaville people (although we do like a good margarita on Friday nights) and we are more mountain people than beach people. I already had formed my judgement against it.

Then we went in and sat down. Suddenly it "felt right" to us. Granted, we don't like the throw pillow and bedding and the wall paper in the bathroom would have to go, but we fell in love with the "cabin" feel of the interior. The more we were in it, the more we fell in love with it.

We are not certain if we'll end up with it or not, but we did put a deposit down on it. If we get it, we'll be taking our bedding and throw pillows to add our Eddie Bauer touches to it. The TB portion really means nothing to us. It was more the wood, shutter doors and wooden blinds. We really liked the ultra leather seats with the woven canvas backs.

We didn't buy the EB to use as a hauler so we never raised the seats ever. We did however, love being able to open the rear hatch just to sit and enjoy the breeze coming in. So with the TB, you get the same but you gain the additional storage we lacked in the EB under the seating.

The moral of the story ... don't judge a book by the cover or by the name. We went in wanting to hate the TB, and came out loving it.

We'll see how this story develops

D

We came home with a 2018 27" Tommy Bahama yesterday. Some people local now have our Eddie Bauer and we made some good friends in the process. Our kids thought we were coming home with a 27" Eddie Bauer. The reaction - THEY LOVE IT. They were so surprised and we were surprised at how much they love it.
2019 RAM PowerWagon TV-Petrol Hemi
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:54 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2018 27' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklyfrank View Post
I love the TB but I think its a boozers trailer :-).
I wouldn't know what to do with all the bottle racks.
I guess we could use them for shoes and flip flops.
The bar seemed like a waste of space to me. Beer goes in the fridge. Glasses? What's a glass? Otherwise, nice looking trailer but I went with the Serenity.
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:25 AM   #40

2018 16' Sport
Milton , Florida
Tommy Bahama 19ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcesq View Post
I am not a Parrot Head, nor do I have any interest in wasting away in Margaritaville. I'm not judging - it's just not for me and my wife.

I've seen a number of rather positive reviews or comments on the styling of the Airstream Tommy Bahama 27FB. I like a lot about it, but I can't get behind the logoing or the decor in the bathroom or bedroom. My wife and I agree that it is on the verge of hideous.

I'd honestly feel a bit silly parking this thing in any national park, but I'll admit it would fit right in at any coastal spot. It just doesn't feel like a "camper".

It may be that we are disappointed that now we are finally ready to buy an Aistream, and the two we seem to turning to every time we look online (the 2016 Pendleton and the 2016 Eddie Bauer 27FB) are discontinued and very difficult to find.

So, my question to the forums: are we the only ones that aren't on board with the Tommy Bahama decor?

I know it's just a matter of time until Airstream unveils a new limited or special edition that is more "camping" themed, and we'll likely find a 2016 Pendleton or 2016 Eddie Bauer 27FB this season if I keep looking, but I'm impatient.

/end dramatic rant
I think your being a little too critical about the TB, I heard mostly positive responses and one thing I agree with you on..is the bath room interior, I’ve would have chosen a different decor. In any case I will be picking up my TB in a week, I’m very excited....happy trails...
pmarc1955 is offline   Reply With Quote