Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2019, 05:59 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
here is a
2020 Airstream Caravel 22FB Walk Through

waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:45 AM   #42
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

When I go digging for info on the larger trailers, I still get the 2019 information. If there are upgrades for 2020 on the other models, they certainly are not talking about them much.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:30 AM   #43
Happily Chuggin' Along

2024 25' Trade Wind
Buchanan , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

When I go digging for info on the larger trailers, I still get the 2019 information. If there are upgrades for 2020 on the other models, they certainly are not talking about them much.

Bob
Bob,

Check out the link I posted above. It’s all about the 2020 changes. Not easy to find on the AS site.

Brian
Dozer1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:40 AM   #44
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer1960 View Post
Bob,

Check out the link I posted above. It’s all about the 2020 changes. Not easy to find on the AS site.

Brian
Hi

I followed the link you posted a few messages back. It's pretty much a dead end as far as the larger trailers are concerned.

In most years, by this point in the year, the advertising for all the trailers would have a "2020" label on it. Last time I checked, the larger stuff still was sitting with 2019 labels.

All this sort of suggests that they are not making any changes on the larger trailers. I guess it also might be that they don't want to distract from the "big splash" of the smaller trailers, but they have never done that (held back announcements) before.

Bob
Old 07-13-2019, 09:21 PM   #45
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Starting the 2nd week of my inaugural trip with the 2020 Classic 33 twin.

Changes are:
TST TPMS included with dash monitor and feed through the CZone system
New tongue locking system
Fusion radio instead of the Polk

The back flow preventer is brass, not sure when they changed that from the old black plastic ones.

I asked for help from the support team at AS and got a very complete Alde guide showing the location of all 11 bleeder valves. Alde is working well. Made the setting changes others have suggested and getting a solid hot water flow.

Add a TP-Link AC1200 to the Airstream Connect system and makes connections much better.

Added two more F connectors (for a total of 4) to the outside cable/TV outlet. Easy add so that I can have a dedicated cable for my WeBoost RV65 booster and my HughesNet Gen 5 dish when I am totally out in the boonies.

Czone is a bit temperamental. Sometimes the screen will not come back on after switching to away mode and then on returning hitting the onboard button.

Four popped rivets that I need to replace. Otherwise flawless. I've been in every nook and cranny and very little left over build crap found.

Added a Victron Bluetooth dongle directly to the Victron solar controller. The standard round MPPT control is a 'dumb' device and not one of the 700 series. So disconnected it at the solar controller and plugged in the bluetooth mounting it in the closet.

Added a Roku stick and getting all of the stuff I'd like to watch without hauling out and paying for a Dish TV. That will stay in storage for now. Big screen projection has a great picture. I can sit an work at the dining room table and still watch/listen at an oblique angle even in bright sunlight.

One wish would be for more finite control through the AS Smart App. Would be nice if it had the level of individual control that is on the CZone panel like individual control of the shades.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:22 AM   #46
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

So there *are* a few changes on the larger trailers. I guess JC is just a bit behind getting things posted. Mid June must have arrived before they expected it to ....

Bob
Old 08-06-2020, 07:52 PM   #47
1 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Lacombe , Alberta
What do you guys make of this one - or is it a photoshopped version? To me it looks like a futuristic concept trailer. Scroll down to the blue GLS towing a futuristic Airstream ... Is it a sneak peak at what's to come?

https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/vehicles/class/gls/suv
cloud camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:03 AM   #48
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
I suspect that is a photo of a Airstream built for the European market. They have some key differences, and this may be one of them.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:32 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1969 18' Caravel
Greenville , whereEverIroam
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguyscott View Post
Well, this thread proves a point I was making in another thread about why AS doesn't fix "X" in their trailers.

I said AS rarely makes real improvements to the trailer (pick your issue: poor insulation, rotting plywood floors, plastic parts that break easily, the way the wires are installed (no conduit), using cheap parts/appliances that fail, etc.)

I said AS will occasionally add features or do cosmetic updates that customers will see; shiny surface changes and gee-whiz gizmos, but leave the long-standing problems with the guts and bones.
Looks like crow is on the menu for today, and I shall eat it eagerly and happily since it turns out that this year, AS finally did something substantial to address rotting floors by going with Transcore, a one piece composite floor, even engineered to accept screws. I hope this turns out well, but I have to suspect that it is an improvement over plywood in any case.
skyguyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:43 PM   #50
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Nice! This is huge. If we were still into trailering, that improvement alone would probably be enough to draw us back into the showroom for a new unit.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote