Old 09-05-2016, 07:23 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
No, the SS doors are keyed different than the plastic doors. The SS key is small with a black head and some numbs stamped on them.

I sprayed with oil and still no luck with getting the key to turn. We've tried all 4 of them... Repeatedly...

Old 09-05-2016, 07:45 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
I think his question is: are both SS doors keyed the same as each other. In my case, the answer is yes, with the same small CH-501 brass key opening both the shower and waterfall doors. These keys came with the SS covers purchased from Airstream in 2015. They may have changed the lock sets since then.
Best,
Joe

Old 09-05-2016, 07:57 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Thanks Joe, Basically yes to keying alike. My keys have 2233x on them.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:49 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Oak Park , Illinois
Yes. Thanks for the keying feedback. For those having problems with water holding in the outdoor shower cabinet, is there a way to make a weep hole to allow it to drain? Seems the back flow preventer is going to drain into the cabinet.

2005 30' Safari Bunkhouse
2010 F250 Lariat
FishByFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:46 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
If your trailer is like mine all the locks have numbers on them that match the numbers on the keys.
It took me a couple of years fumbling with keys to figure this out.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:57 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
I finally got it open. It just took a lot of torque to the left. The sprayer was not on, maybe, but I couldn't tell. I had about 1" of water inside at the bottom.

I tracked it down to the latch lever was about 1/8" too long. I got it ground down to the correct length after a few tries and also got the key turn to turn counterclockwise to lock instead of clockwise. How do I know, well the tumbler falls out if you don't hole it tightly and there is a specific flat spot to align it to. LOL

How this was not corrected at the dealer after they had to work on this cover for the interference with the screw heads, is beyond me. But, I feel it was a poor PDI, Maybe partly my fault since I know everything....... HA-HA

And Joe, I do have the inner foam gasket around the door.

I still have a little play in the door, maybe 1/8" instead of 3/8" prior. I still think this will be on my punch list for the factory.

Thanks all who helped me figure this out. And, Yes, it is the same key for all the SS cover locks.

Sid