Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2017, 05:07 AM   #61
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
I removed my Blu-ray player the day I got the trailer, I'd send it to ya if I still had it.

I never leave my trailer alone at a service dept. If they need it overnight, I sleep in it on their lot. If they need it for a week, they're gonna get to know me very well.
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:50 AM   #62
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Kyet, so you have left your AS at a dealers for several weeks due to the blue ray player malfunction? Just a suggestion, call Airstream customer service and see if they will send one to you directly and you then send the bad one back.

The Firefly is not unique to Airstream, it's in many of the big expensive motorhomes. It is different and seems to have some quirks. Again, I'd suggest a call or another call or email to Airstream Customer Service. I have found email to be a terrific way to get in touch and have always gotten a helpful response within 24 hours.

Good Luck

Bud

I agree. The Customer Service team at JC have always been extremely helpful to me. They have sent parts to me direct...even overnighted a couple to try and take care of me. Can't say enough good things about those guys.
It's not how you start but how you finish that counts. For me, yes we started with some issues that became frustrating but thanks to JC Customer Service we finished well and love our '17 Classic.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:01 AM   #63
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Firefly is a layer on top of a layer system. It is more a way to glue things together than anything else. The backup switches to turn on the AC units are one example of this. It's all they needed to hook the AC's to the rest of the world. For whatever reason the SeeLevel and Alde still need a "slave" controller to hook in with. It's a bit of a kludge, but there are a *lot* of automation systems in homes, factories, boats, and RV's the work that way.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe7009 View Post
I agree. The Customer Service team at JC have always been extremely helpful to me. They have sent parts to me direct...even overnighted a couple to try and take care of me. Can't say enough good things about those guys.
It's not how you start but how you finish that counts. For me, yes we started with some issues that became frustrating but thanks to JC Customer Service we finished well and love our '17 Classic.

You "started with some issues", I am sure I only no some of your the issues, but that is an understatement to be sure. Hope the Maxim's get here soon, like a kid at Christmas.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #65
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
You "started with some issues", I am sure I only no some of your the issues, but that is an understatement to be sure. Hope the Maxim's get here soon, like a kid at Christmas.

Bud

I know what you mean. Mine should be right behind yours. They're gonna look great.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
So frustrated!

The best line about automaton was in one of the early Star Trek movies, something like: "The more complicated the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the pipes" --Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott.

Although I am an engineer, nothing beats the simplicity and reliability of a simple on-off toggle switch controlling the power to something. Especially in the rolling earthquake we have in our AS on the road...

Layers of poorly-integrated automation are a total PITA to troubleshoot even if you know what you are doing, and have all the tools. From the posts on the forum, it's obvious that some of this stuff is confounding to ordinary mortals..which is not a good thing. I'd rather be enjoying the camping in the great outdoors than troubleshooting some overly complicated system.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:26 AM   #67
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyet
Quote:
Kyet, so you have left your AS at a dealers for several weeks due to the blue ray player malfunction? Just a suggestion, call Airstream customer service and see if they will send one to you directly and you then send the bad one back.
I left it there for a laundry list of things (Firefly/ALDE fix being the biggest). That did not and is not going to happen. I could not get a hold of them. I did go take it back today. I had no idea they were keeping it for the player and some broken clips. When the Blu Ray player comes in I will gladly donate it.

I have her back and I will start the testing process all over again. Particularly the heating on a 30 amp as suggested above. Glad to have my baby back. Ooh, and my first little puck mark on the rock guard from gee, a rock. At least we got that over with. Sort of like that first ding in a new cars door
Kyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:23 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Good it's back with you. I consider dings on the rock guards to be signs of travel and enjoyment. We had one AS that after an extensive trip looked like it had been shot at several times as there were large dents and two holes? Still not sure what made the holes.

Good luck with the fixes.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:14 AM   #69
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Like it or not, we live in an era where people expect voice control. "Siri cook me dinner" is right around the bend. Push a single button and everything happens is "old school" by those standards. Set a dozen toggle switches to configure the system .... yikes .... who would ever do that?

Yes, it's a crazy world.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #70
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
I watched a show last evening on RVs, I think it's called "Going RV". One couple was looking at two high end DP tag axles and both were outfitted with the Firefly systems, the third may have used a portable pad as a Firefly or it may have simply been an IPad with an app to control the interior functions. Found it intriguing that the Firefly is now used on the high end $300,000 + tags.

Bud

I saw that too!
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote