Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Computers, Internet & Satellite
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #61
2 Rivet Member

​201​9 Atlas​
West Vancouver , British Columbia
Has anyone tried moving the AT&T SIM to an AT&T or unlocked hotspot to test as a backup?
ldavids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:12 AM   #62
3 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froglips View Post
Yea, welcome o the brave new world in Airstream quality. I posted a picture a couple months ago that looked disturbingly like yours. I went under my dinette's rear seat in search of the cable for my satellite after calling AS to inquire where it was. I had frankly expected to find it tucked up where the DVD player was installled as that made odd sense to me. Imagine my surprise when AS replied that the cable "usually" fell down in the wall behind the TV. Usually???? In what world is that acceptable?
I had work done on my car audio by the #1 dealer/installer in town who also happens to be a competition judge. Spent about $3000 on it.
The work they did was exceptional and every installer who had a hand in it made everything nice and tidy. If ANY installer had done the work Airstream did and left it that way for a customer they would be fired. Period. It's what you do when nobody is looking or you don't think they will look(in cabinets) is when it really shows your work ethic.
This rats nest is just a head shaker. It looks like a a 3rd grade science competition for that slop. They should hire their local audio shop to see what it really means to do beautiful work.
Brandon T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:53 PM   #63
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Mitchell , South Dakota
The Smart app has been working perfectly until today. Checked status an all monitored items they are working with the exception of the the "Shore Power" which shows in am not connected. Upon checking the unit there is in fact power going to the unit via shore power, any thoughts?
Soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:29 AM   #64
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soready View Post
The Smart app has been working perfectly until today. Checked status an all monitored items they are working with the exception of the the "Shore Power" which shows in am not connected. Upon checking the unit there is in fact power going to the unit via shore power, any thoughts?

I have the same problem and then the smart app would show us the monitoring, but stopped responding to commands. We scheduled a spring appointment at JC. I don’t think mine ever thought it was connected to shore power.
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:11 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to add....

3) In the process of tracing out where/what is there, I discovered that the factory had no antenna connected to the back of the peplink for the WiFi. The installed antenna has two 2.4/5GHz MIMO connections, but they were both just laying there. I connected one of them up to the Peplink. You might check that.
Here is how mine was wired from my dealer. Was told it is correct and I get between 20-25Mbps without the 2nd router.

Hopefully yours matches.

EDIT: The image resizer here is terrible, click on the image to make it bigger and then right click and save the image to your desktop and you can zoom in deep to see which color wires where. The image size should be 1600x1200.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190509_181019.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	355787  
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:13 AM   #66
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Belleville , Illinois
I have the same issue and the dealer checked with the mother ship and was told it is not supposed to work. Strange answer but unimportant since I know when I am connected by looking at the microwave clock. Please advise if you get a solution. For me its not worth a 150 mile roundtrip to the dealer.
Presitla99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:49 AM   #67
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Mitchell , South Dakota
Agreed that its not all that important. I got use to checking unit status occasionally as we are a short distance form storage and I could confirm we were maintaining the charge on the batteries. Can still see battery voltage on the app so still good. My personality means it will drive me nuts until I figure it out, tormented I know!!!!!
Old 11-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #68
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Mitchell , South Dakota
So I believe I may have solved the issue for our TT. The initial issue I was experiencing was tripping the GFCI outlet in my storage building. Researching it appears that the relay in the factory inverter was causing the GFCI to read a fault and trip the circuit. My solution was to flip the circuit breaker on the distribution panel off and that solved the problem. That is when I noticed the Smart app was no longer showing the "Shore Power" connected. I then decided to unplug the inverter and turn the circuit back on at the distribution panel. GFCI didn't trip and the Smart app no shows "Shore Power" connected. Haven't had time to trace wiring and see how the circuit is wired. We have only owned the trailer for 4 weeks so we are still trying to learn all the systems and how they interact. Not sure this helps anyone but thought I would post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191108-125425_Smart.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	355814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191108-081920_Smart.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	355815  

Old 11-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
So I believe I may have solved the issue for our TT. The initial issue I was experiencing was tripping the GFCI outlet in my storage building. Researching it appears that the relay in the factory inverter was causing the GFCI to read a fault and trip the circuit. My solution was to flip the circuit breaker on the distribution panel off and that solved the problem. That is when I noticed the Smart app was no longer showing the "Shore Power" connected. I then decided to unplug the inverter and turn the circuit back on at the distribution panel. GFCI didn't trip and the Smart app no shows "Shore Power" connected. I haven't had time to trace wiring and see how the circuit is wired. We have only owned the trailer for 4 weeks so we are still trying to learn all the systems and how they interact. Not sure this helps anyone but thought I would post.
I don't know how savvy you are with 120V AC stuff, but the sensor for the CZone is located in the electrical box below the breakers. If you open the box, you can route a different breaker wire through the sensor if you choose (like the breaker that serves the microwave instead of the inverter.)
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:12 PM   #70
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Mitchell , South Dakota
Thanks for the idea. Question though, when I had the breaker off the battery level dropped to 12.59 and when I returned the breaker back to on battery voltage went back up to 13.7. Not sure if the circuit is powering the charger. If so I would want to leave it on to maintain batteries through the winter.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:26 AM   #71
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
...... If so I would want to leave it on to maintain batteries through the winter.
Hi

Better to fully disconnect the batteries and not have the trailer powered up over the winter. That assumes you are storing somewhere that checking on things / fixing stuff on a daily basis wold be a problem.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:33 AM   #72
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Belleville , Illinois
This thread has been dormant for awhile but my question relates to it. I have the smart tech app and everything works well with one minor exception: the “locate” function sometimes accurately indicates where the AS is physically located but frequently defaults to a campground in Iowa where I stayed one night last August. Any similar problems or ideas?
Presitla99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:56 PM   #73
3 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
DFW , Texas
I’ve also experienced issues with the locate function. That said, I don’t have a need for it (yet) so I’ve not pursued a solution. I will monitor this thread in case a patch is available.

Cheers.
no_worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:59 AM   #74
1 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
2018 30' International
2017 27' International
Kirkland , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwbarnard View Post
I have the same problem and then the smart app would show us the monitoring, but stopped responding to commands. We scheduled a spring appointment at JC. I don’t think mine ever thought it was connected to shore power.
They updated the system last weekend with new FW upgrade to the Pepwave router and mobile app. Since then I can not connect remotely and everything is just slow. Rang Airstream yesterday and they said it is a known issue and they are working on a new update...They have no clue on ETA.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by matjazl View Post
They updated the system last weekend with new FW upgrade to the Pepwave router and mobile app. Since then I can not connect remotely and everything is just slow. Rang Airstream yesterday and they said it is a known issue and they are working on a new update...They have no clue on ETA.
There is a new update and it has issues. There is another thread with more updated info.

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f45...te-211198.html

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:47 PM   #76
1 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Lynchburg , Virginia
How did you unpair your phone from the smart system
HDWells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:51 PM   #77
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Another update yesterday. the remote app now works really well. I had considered yanking the whole thing out and replacing with my own poplin, but I think this solves my problem.

Just one nagging issue left which was just introduced. If I add a "scheduled event", there seems to be no way to delete it. I can rename it and reuse it, but I can't get rid of it. Seems the "delete" option was forgotten about.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:06 AM   #78
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Quote:
Another update yesterday. the remote app now works really well. I had considered yanking the whole thing out and replacing with my own poplin, but I think this solves my problem.

Just one nagging issue left which was just introduced. If I add a "scheduled event", there seems to be no way to delete it. I can rename it and reuse it, but I can't get rid of it. Seems the "delete" option was forgotten about.
What is the latest version number? I haven't seen an update for about a week or so.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:20 AM   #79
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Belen , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittmaster View Post
What is the latest version number? I haven't seen an update for about a week or so.
Version 2.1 on the app
Old 07-28-2020, 09:18 AM   #80
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Quote:
Version 2.1 on the app
Hmm, no updates here, still no 2.0.54...I'm on android.