Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2016, 01:02 PM   #1

2017 30' Classic
Niceville , Florida
New 2017 Classic

Anyone in the Ragley LA area interested in mentoring a new owner of 2017 Classic?
MH
GeauxAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Too bad LA doesn't mean The one in California
beetlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:34 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
I realize your post is an old one, but I bought one and within six days went to the factory and I asked questions for two days and found out quite a bit. So, if you still need some info I might be able to help, plus this is our forth AS.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:51 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Bay Area , West Coast
I'll join in that discussion...LOL We have a new 2017 Classic less than a week old, and are still learning.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:14 PM   #5
Rich and Kat

2017 30' Classic
Alexandria Alexandria , Virginia
I'm not sure how much I can help because I'm a newbie myself, but i'll chime in if I have something to share.

From a selfish perspective, I'd like to see us put a good winterizing checklist together ... not so much a priority for you down in LA, but definitely an issue for paiceman and I. I intend to use air pressure from the viar to blow out as much water as possible before pushing anti-freeze through the system.
Save
AIRHEDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:38 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Airheads and others. While at the factory, although I've been winterizing RVs and our own previous three AS for years, this baby is new to me so I asked. Follows what I was told and how they winterize at the factory.

Open the low point drains - there are two handles on one of the tanks under the trailer on the road side. Then go into the trailer, pull off the end cap on the dinette closest to the hitch. It's tight but has the same plastic snaps as all the AS do. There are two valves, one is a yellow flip valve on a blue pipe - that is the one. Pull it open and the three gallons in the tank should dump, but may have already drained when you opened the low point valves. Leave this valve open until you are ready to start camping again.

Let the water run out and also dump the fresh water tank. That valve is also under the trailer-it's white plastic and turns all the way.

Then using a compressor, attach to the city water inlet and blow out the lines, after closing the low point drains. Open each faucet one at a time including the outside shower. This could take some time and make sure you do the toilet as well. Do them over and over until NO WATER comes out. Compressor should be set to 60# PSI.

While blowing out disconnect the water pump outlet, the pump is behind the drawer under the fridge. Blow the water out of this as well. The outlet hose is the one close to you and does NOT have the filter on it.

Then blow out the black tank clean out valve, which is located on the road side next to the city water inlet.

Then add RV anti-freeze to the drains, all of them, shower, bath and kitchen.

Your done. The compressor should be at 60# PSI.

This as I said is the way the factory does it. No anti-freeze pumped through the system, with the pex plumbing they say it's not necessary any longer.

Bud
Old 10-07-2016, 06:11 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Washington , Utah
Bud,

Excellent write up, thank you. My dealer had some additional suggestions. First, don't forget to blow out the outside shower. Second, remove the under sink kitchen water filter and install the bypass tube. Finally, I have always added some of the pink rv antifreeze to all the drains to displace water in the P traps.

Ron
RonaldC303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:05 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Ronald, thanks, I too was told those things and neglected to put them in when I said all faucets. Plus we don't use the filter under the sink, we use an outside whole house filter.

Bud
Old 10-10-2016, 05:16 PM   #9
Rich and Kat

2017 30' Classic
Alexandria Alexandria , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Airheads and others. While at the factory, although I've been winterizing RVs and our own previous three AS for years, this baby is new to me so I asked. Follows what I was told and how they winterize at the factory ... Bud

Quote:
Bud, Excellent write up, thank you. My dealer had some additional suggestions. First, don't forget to blow out the outside shower. Second, remove the under sink kitchen water filter and install the bypass tube. Finally, I have always added some of the pink rv antifreeze to all the drains to displace water in the P traps. Ron
Bud and Ron, sorry about the delay in responding ... it's been a busy bunch of days for me. So, thanks so much for sharing this! It figures - I just bought 8 gallons of anti-freeze from Camping World just 2 weeks ago. Dangit! :-) Thanks for including the instruction to remove the water from the pump, and Ron, for the reminder to include the outside shower, filter bypass and p-traps. This is awesome and I'm making my instructions sheet now. Interestingly enough, the "welcome kit" we received from our dealer, Colonial, included a vinyl tube with a threaded adapter to suck the antifreeze from the bottle... Obviously only needed if you don't have compressed air... Thanks much!
Save
AIRHEDS is offline   Reply With Quote