Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-05-2018, 12:02 PM   #701
3 Rivet Member

1990 34' Limited
2013 27' FB International
Conroe , Texas
Thank you very much.
Tbeck11931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #702
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Nashville , Tennessee
I apologize if this has been answered but,, ALDE 3020 issue

Before someone is quick to snap at me and tell this has already been answered, let me apologize, but I can't find the answer. I have a one week old Classic 30. I have been baptized in the fire of this forum so I now understand that QC at AS is poor, it is very difficult and time consuming to get warranty service and basically being an Airstream owner means you must figure out how to do a lot of work yourself, even on a trailer that is less than one week old. So I have accepted this and given up on Airstream Warranty Service. So, now to my problem,

I have an Alde 3020 system. Last week, the first time we tried to use the trailer, we got a Overtemp Red Fail. With some help from a friend, I removed the 12V connector from the PCB on top of the boiler, waited 5 to 10 minutes, plugged it back in and turned on the system. The error disappeared, the towel bar was hot and I had hot water, for about 10 minutes and then the error returned. After the error returned, I could not get it to clear, even after removing 12V from the system several times and waiting several minutes. I spoke to Spencer at Alde who was very nice but was unfamiliar with the 3020 and this particular problem. He told me he would email Sweden. I called Airstream, and their Alde expert was supposed to call me back, but has not. During the short time the system was hot, I looked at the fill reservoir and it was above the max line. Again, I apologize if this has been answered, but does anyone have any advice?
Brooksjaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:12 PM   #703
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Can’t help, never run into this one.
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:28 AM   #704
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
I would vent the system. There’s an air pocket in it.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:14 AM   #705
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
As PAICEMAN as already stated, this is the first time I have heard about anyone getting that message.
Have you tried to bleed the system? If not, I would start there.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:27 AM   #706
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
The Much Ado Alde thread can help you walk through the steps for bleeding the system. IF you can get it to come back on, what is the Sanitary Temp reading at say after 30 minuets? Will the system even stay on that long for you to get that reading? If it won’t stay on long enough for you to get any readings, you may have a bad board or temperature probe.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:33 AM   #707
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Last question, do you have the ‘30 with the stand alone Alde panel or are the controls or is it intergraded with the Firefly. Two designs were produced for the ‘18 Classic 30.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:09 AM   #708
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksjaso View Post
Before someone is quick to snap at me and tell this has already been answered, let me apologize, but I can't find the answer. I have a one week old Classic 30. I have been baptized in the fire of this forum so I now understand that QC at AS is poor, it is very difficult and time consuming to get warranty service and basically being an Airstream owner means you must figure out how to do a lot of work yourself, even on a trailer that is less than one week old. So I have accepted this and given up on Airstream Warranty Service. So, now to my problem,

I have an Alde 3020 system. Last week, the first time we tried to use the trailer, we got a Overtemp Red Fail. With some help from a friend, I removed the 12V connector from the PCB on top of the boiler, waited 5 to 10 minutes, plugged it back in and turned on the system. The error disappeared, the towel bar was hot and I had hot water, for about 10 minutes and then the error returned. After the error returned, I could not get it to clear, even after removing 12V from the system several times and waiting several minutes. I spoke to Spencer at Alde who was very nice but was unfamiliar with the 3020 and this particular problem. He told me he would email Sweden. I called Airstream, and their Alde expert was supposed to call me back, but has not. During the short time the system was hot, I looked at the fill reservoir and it was above the max line. Again, I apologize if this has been answered, but does anyone have any advice?
Hi

If the red over temp warning comes on after the system has been shut off for an hour, it's the over temp sensor that is the issue. Either the sensor or it's wiring ( like a loose connector ) or the circuit that reads it is the culprit.

If the warning only comes on after a while, the control on the heat is likely stuck "on". Turn off the propane and just run on electric ( or vice versa ) if you can. That should isolate things a bit. If it does it both on electric and propane, it's the control board ( or it's wiring ).

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:28 PM   #709
Camping Dutchman

2018 33' Classic
Manchester center , Vermont
Alde app

Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
69soulshine, I don't use Apple products, all Droid. However, I was told it's in the Apple store. Try Alde Service as a title as that's the way it's been put into the Google Play Store.
I also had problems finding the app....on my iPad. Seems you need to take the filter off “ only iPad” as it is an iPhone app.
Menno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:03 PM   #710
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Menno. I would love to hear more about the Alde app. I have heard of it but I not heard about anyone actually using it. Does it work in the field? Feel free to PM me with your feedback. I am very curious. Thanks.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #711
Camping Dutchman

2018 33' Classic
Alde app

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick.l.j View Post
Menno. I would love to hear more about the Alde app. I have heard of it but I not heard about anyone actually using it. Does it work in the field? Feel free to PM me with your feedback. I am very curious. Thanks.
Dear Laura,
I’m a complete newbie to the trailer world and airstream. Just bought the classic 33 ft, and I’m learning on the go. But I did download any app I can find like the Polk ( which works great with my iPad and amazon music) and just the other day the Alde app. I have no idea yet what I can do with it. The thing is in my classic the firefly and alde are all integrated ( while I thought the 2018 model separated them again. Mine was built in Jan. 2018). The firefly panel with regard to alde, is very limited and doesn’t show all the temp. and other settings that the app shows. I’m trying to read through all the comments you guys have posted on the Alde, and it is overwhelming thus far.
But eventually I will get there.
Question, if the alde system is integrated into the firefly, where is the alde panel that can tweak settings?
I might have an issue with my hot water supply. We run out of hot water quite fast. Is the normal capacity around 6 gallons, and after that it will take another 15 minutes or so to get another load? So Alde is not a real on the demand system?
Love anything else about our trailer. I’m sure I will be an active contributor to this forum.
Menno
Old 07-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #712
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Ivins , Utah
The ALDE app just provides access to ALDE manuals, helpful hints, locations of ALDE warranty stations and such. No remote control of ALDE system, as ALDE system is not Bluetooth or internet-connected.

As far as the ALDE panel - On my 2018 Classic 30, built in December 2017, the panel is buried inside the cabinet, under the galley sink. I can reach it with some contortions on my hands and knees. I call it ALDE yoga.

Shortly after that, Airstream started mounting the ALDE panel next to the Firefly and Polk Audio panels. I've seen 2 Classic 30 December builds - mine with the buried panel, and one with the panel next to the Firefly. So the cutover was sometime mid-December. Perhaps the Classic 33 had a slightly different cutover schedule.
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:54 AM   #713
Camping Dutchman

2018 33' Classic
Alde panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverino View Post
The ALDE app just provides access to ALDE manuals, helpful hints, locations of ALDE warranty stations and such. No remote control of ALDE system, as ALDE system is not Bluetooth or internet-connected.

As far as the ALDE panel - On my 2018 Classic 30, built in December 2017, the panel is buried inside the cabinet, under the galley sink. I can reach it with some contortions on my hands and knees. I call it ALDE yoga.

Shortly after that, Airstream started mounting the ALDE panel next to the Firefly and Polk Audio panels. I've seen 2 Classic 30 December builds - mine with the buried panel, and one with the panel next to the Firefly. So the cutover was sometime mid-December. Perhaps the Classic 33 had a slightly different cutover schedule.
Thanks Steve,
Will start my yoga lesson soon to find my panel😁
Old 07-04-2018, 10:40 AM   #714
Camping Dutchman

2018 33' Classic
Alde panel classic 2018

So found my Alde panel in my Jan. 2018 built 33 ft classic. It is conveniently placed in the bathroom, just behind the door and shower. Basically behind the firefly panel, but easy accessible through a separate panel in bathroom.
Will now study any setting that I might want to tweak, if necessary. But only based on the airforum member experiences, as it says in the manual NOT to play with it...
Old 07-04-2018, 03:02 PM   #715
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Thanks for the information on the Alde app. I did check it out and it doesn’t appear that it will be a need.

Old 07-04-2018, 03:11 PM   #716
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Menno....you may not need to do a thing. There are many dealers who did and who are still doing a great job of setting up the Alde system perfectly. If it is working, if you are happy with the hot water then I would leave it alone. Depending on your location you might not need the system to heat your AS.
I, on the other hand was one of those kids that when told DO NOT Touch...well, it would be the first thing I did. I wanted to know how it worked, what would happen if I did. But! Again, if you are happy with your results then there’s no real reason to adjust the settings. I haven’t needed to adjust anything in more than a year.

Old 07-04-2018, 03:33 PM   #717
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Ivins , Utah
Just curious - for those of you with either the later build 2018 classics, or the 2017 classics, with the separate ALDE panel, does this mean that you perform all ALDE functions from the ALDE panel, and the Firefly is out of the picture entirely?

Does the Firefly still have ALDE controls on the temperature screen (heat source select, room temperature, radiant heating, Shower boost, and water heater controls) as the pre-December 2018 builds have?

Not complaining, as the integrated Firefly control of ALDE is working fine for me. Only bug I have found was a minor one - there was a Shower Boost button on the bath firefly that was not functional. Firefly support sent me a new main panel, bath panel, and software upgrade which took care of that. The only real inconvenience that I see with this setup is that sometimes it is nice to check the boiler temperature and sanitary water temperature, when waiting for the shower boost to take effect. To do so, i need to stick my head under the kitchen sink :-)

Other advanced ALDE functions, such as night temperature setback, are not available via Firefly. A minor loss, in my opinion.
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:09 AM   #718
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Steve, I sent you a PM but the short answer. The earlier builds, like mine, the Alde was completely independent of all other systems. The dometic AC/hp was also completely independent of the Firefly.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #719
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
I was thinking as I was taking a shower this morning in beautiful, hot water, how much I like my Alde and its ability to give me more than hot water than I have needed. The struggle to get there was real and this thread helped us finally get it working. But I now can enjoy it!! Now to get a few other things working as well as the Alde.
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:30 AM   #720
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
AJW, That’s great news! Congratulations you are now a full fledged member of the “I set up my Alde myself “ club. Yup, it’s a pain in the butt to set up but once it’s set it is soooo worth it. Plus you now know more about your Alde than you ever would have known without working through all the steps to get there. Enjoy those nice, long (enough), hot showers!