Old 09-12-2019, 04:15 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Traverse City , Michigan
We moved from a 42’ MH to a 30’ Classic. Yep, miss my W/D and fireplace. I have an Instant Pot with a CrispLid that we travel with under the dinette. It isn’t in the way and it’s invaluable in the small kitchen. (I use it on a cutting board on the stove top using the stove vent when the steam is releasing.). I have to admit I use 3/4 of the closet but my husband folds most of his clothes in the cupboard. I discovered I was carrying too many clothes, even for 4 1/2 months in FL. Necessities work fine. The lack of stress about all the working parts of the MH make us love the AS more. Downsizing was good for us. By the way, we decided to sell our motorcycles too. Too many crazy drivers still texting etc. More stress reduction.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:07 AM   #44
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKovalchik View Post
We moved from a 42í MH to a 30í Classic. Yep, miss my W/D and fireplace. I have an Instant Pot with a CrispLid that we travel with under the dinette. It isnít in the way and itís invaluable in the small kitchen. (I use it on a cutting board on the stove top using the stove vent when the steam is releasing.). I have to admit I use 3/4 of the closet but my husband folds most of his clothes in the cupboard. I discovered I was carrying too many clothes, even for 4 1/2 months in FL. Necessities work fine. The lack of stress about all the working parts of the MH make us love the AS more. Downsizing was good for us. By the way, we decided to sell our motorcycles too. Too many crazy drivers still texting etc. More stress reduction.

Thanks! More validation! Iím still looking for 2 dimensions as I plan out where my stuff will go. Could you tell me the dimensions of that center closet? And with the footrest out, the distance from the sofa to the back of the dinette? Also, what year do.you own and did you go with the queen or the twin beds? Again, thanks for responding? - Pam K

PamK53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:47 AM   #45
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Traverse City , Michigan
We have a 2018 Classic with a queen bed. We considered twins but like the floor plan with the queen and we have a 52 lb Portuguese Water Dog who informed us early on that he would share his bed with us. Didn’t want to try to share in a twin. There’s good storage under the night stands. We keep his feeding station in the space between the dinette and couch. No problem putting the footrest out. It stops right at the station so I would think there’s maybe 12”-14” between the two. We don’t plan to use the dinette as a bed so removed those cushions from the couch arms and picked up two large storage areas. That’s where we keep paper towels, toilet paper, extra napkins etc The closet is probably 4’ wide maybe. I picked up some of the cupboard racks that are organizers and that gives us two levels on the closet floor for shoes or whatever. The floor of the closet is deep. We keep heavy jackets, dog supplies etc in the back.
We’ve had the trailer two seasons and I’m still organizing and reorganizing. ��
Good luck. You’ll love your AS and the simplicity.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:41 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
We have a 2018 Classic with a queen bed. We considered twins but like the floor plan with the queen and we have a 52 lb Portuguese Water Dog who informed us early on that he would share his bed with us. Didnít want to try to share in a twin. Thereís good storage under the night stands. We keep his feeding station in the space between the dinette and couch. No problem putting the footrest out. It stops right at the station so I would think thereís maybe 12Ē-14Ē between the two. We donít plan to use the dinette as a bed so removed those cushions from the couch arms and picked up two large storage areas. Thatís where we keep paper towels, toilet paper, extra napkins etc The closet is probably 4í wide maybe. I picked up some of the cupboard racks that are organizers and that gives us two levels on the closet floor for shoes or whatever. The floor of the closet is deep. We keep heavy jackets, dog supplies etc in the back.
Weíve had the trailer two seasons and Iím still organizing and reorganizing. ��
Good luck. Youíll love your AS and the simplicity.

Thanks! We have 2 storage ottomans that are 15x15. Iím wondering if a Sofa table would fit there that the ottomans could go under.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:53 AM   #47
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamK53 View Post
Thanks! We have 2 storage ottomans that are 15x15. Iím wondering if a Sofa table would fit there that the ottomans could go under.

I am not at my trailer, but we have put a bookcase backed up to the dinette. We built it with reclaimed wood and pavers and it sits on stair thread covers. I would say they are more like 12Ē. This is where we store shoes that we throw on to go outside. So my husbandís size 11 shoes fit under the shelf. There is room for the footrests to come out with some to spare. I just donít know if there is exactly 15 inches.
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 05:04 AM   #48
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
Thanks! More validation! Iím still looking for 2 dimensions as I plan out where my stuff will go. Could you tell me the dimensions of that center closet? And with the footrest out, the distance from the sofa to the back of the dinette? Also, what year do.you own and did you go with the queen or the twin beds? Again, thanks for responding? - Pam K

We added an Elfa Drawer system to our closet on one side. It measures 15" x 23" x 42" h and fits perfectly in one half of the closet. It is the best storage improvement we made. So the closet openings are approximately double that size, with a little more room in the middle and back and on the right side where it extends a couple of inches to the right of the door.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #49
2 Rivet Member

Going from DP to AS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwbarnard View Post
We added an Elfa Drawer system to our closet on one side. It measures 15" x 23" x 42" h and fits perfectly in one half of the closet. It is the best storage improvement we made. So the closet openings are approximately double that size, with a little more room in the middle and back and on the right side where it extends a couple of inches to the right of the door.

Thanks! Most helpful response so far! I love The Container Store. We installed one of these in our MH. Is the 15Ē dimension the width or depth?
Old 09-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #50
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
We have a 2018 Classic with a queen bed. We considered twins but like the floor plan with the queen and we have a 52 lb Portuguese Water Dog who informed us early on that he would share his bed with us. Didnít want to try to share in a twin. Thereís good storage under the night stands. We keep his feeding station in the space between the dinette and couch. No problem putting the footrest out. It stops right at the station so I would think thereís maybe 12Ē-14Ē between the two. We donít plan to use the dinette as a bed so removed those cushions from the couch arms and picked up two large storage areas. Thatís where we keep paper towels, toilet paper, extra napkins etc The closet is probably 4í wide maybe. I picked up some of the cupboard racks that are organizers and that gives us two levels on the closet floor for shoes or whatever. The floor of the closet is deep. We keep heavy jackets, dog supplies etc in the back.
Weíve had the trailer two seasons and Iím still organizing and reorganizing. ��
Good luck. Youíll love your AS and the simplicity.

One more question. I donít understand ďremoved cushions from couch armsĒ... were would these be? Do you have the 30í trailer? Thanks!
Old 09-14-2019, 01:55 PM   #51
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
Thanks! Most helpful response so far! I love The Container Store. We installed one of these in our MH. Is the 15Ē dimension the width or depth?

The 15 inches is the width. The drawers are smaller about 14Ē and fit through the opening of the closet door. It made the closet so much useful.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #52
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
One more question. I donít understand ďremoved cushions from couch armsĒ... were would these be? Do you have the 30í trailer? Thanks!

The cushions that make the dinette into a bed are supposedly meant to store in the arms of the couch. They are not easy to get into that space and there are sharp things in there to scratch the leather. I have never put them there. I have stored my zipdee chairs in there and all our manuals. We store the cushions in the back of the closet.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #53
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
The 15 inches is the width. The drawers are smaller about 14Ē and fit through the opening of the closet door. It made the closet so much useful.

Found it on The Container Store website! Thank You!
Old 09-14-2019, 06:07 PM   #54
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
The cushions that make the dinette into a bed are supposedly meant to store in the arms of the couch. They are not easy to get into that space and there are sharp things in there to scratch the leather. I have never put them there. I have stored my zipdee chairs in there and all our manuals. We store the cushions in the back of the closet.

Huh... interesting. Iíll have to check that out. Sounds like a great solution!