Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2019, 06:50 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Pleasant Garden , North Carolina
First night observations

Spent our first night in our 2019 30' Classic. Really enjoyed it even though we were in our drive plugged into our 50 amp service. A few things to discuss:
1) Really like the Alde heat and the fact that the bedroom is a few degrees cooler
2) The twin beds are very comfortable and seem larger than I expected
3) Went out to eat and remotely turned on the lights inside and out. I can see this as being very nice at a campground
4) Don't understand why the inverter comes on when you switch to Cinema Mode. This occurs whether you do it on the Czone panel or your phone app
5) Hooked the tv up to the wifi and started watching "Jack Ryan" on Amazon prime. After approximately 30 minutes amazon shuts down and gives the message that we had exceeded our band width. Cut our phones off and still couldn't get it to hook back up
Any comments would be appreciated.
jlandreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:00 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Was you watching on the campground Wi Fi or on hotspot or something you pay for?
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Crested Butte , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandreth View Post
Spent our first night in our 2019 30' Classic. Really enjoyed it even though we were in our drive plugged into our 50 amp service. A few things to discuss:
1) Really like the Alde heat and the fact that the bedroom is a few degrees cooler
2) The twin beds are very comfortable and seem larger than I expected
3) Went out to eat and remotely turned on the lights inside and out. I can see this as being very nice at a campground
4) Don't understand why the inverter comes on when you switch to Cinema Mode. This occurs whether you do it on the Czone panel or your phone app
5) Hooked the tv up to the wifi and started watching "Jack Ryan" on Amazon prime. After approximately 30 minutes amazon shuts down and gives the message that we had exceeded our band width. Cut our phones off and still couldn't get it to hook back up
Any comments would be appreciated.
Can you give us a bit more information about the error message? I have 2019 Classic 30RB like you. As yours is brand new, let me ask, have you set-up the ATT WLAN (free for the first year) service. Were you using your home's wireless, the WLAN, or something else?

We watch movies and TV on Prime via a Fire TV in the trailer. I have not ever had that message. When we are in a campground, we do get lagging because the campground bandwidth in inadequate. The ATT service does not have bandwidth limits that I am aware of, however it is cellular based service and certainly poor reception can drop you from 4G to 3G or even lower.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:43 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
We have not set up the ATT, we didn't even know we were suppose to until we went to the local RV show today and visited with Tim Maxwell, Regional Director of Sales for Airstream. He clued us in on that. He also told us that the CZone system was designed to turn the inverter on when you go into the cinema mode.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:02 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Froglips, I guess by your response that you have successfully signed on with AT&T. We have been trying to since Sunday night to no avail. We get as far as putting the numbers from our router in only to find out that the Airstream plan is not an available plan to choose. We contacted AT&T customer service with the phone number in the instructions and were told to give them a week to sort it out.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:01 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Crested Butte , Colorado
Quote:
Froglips, I guess by your response that you have successfully signed on with AT&T. We have been trying to since Sunday night to no avail. We get as far as putting the numbers from our router in only to find out that the Airstream plan is not an available plan to choose. We contacted AT&T customer service with the phone number in the instructions and were told to give them a week to sort it out.
Weird. Yes, we actually logged on from our cell phone. Did you have AT&T before the Airstream? Just trying to figure out what is different between our experience and yours.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:21 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Yes my wife has been on AT&T for years. She tried signing us up on both her iphone and her mac book, the Airstream promotion just wasn't there and neither Airstream or AT&T had an explanation as to why.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:53 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Crested Butte , Colorado
Hmmm, sounds like someone "updated" the website. I also enjoy those conversations when the vendor doesn't know their system is messed up or how to work around it.
Froglips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Norcross , Georgia
AT&T Site for Airstream

If it helps, this was the link I used to activate mine and it worked flawlessly:

https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car/airstream.html
PaulR-GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:16 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
I already explained to jlandreth that the Classic comes with 30-60 minutes of air time for the dealer to set things up. It shuts off after 30-60 minutes. He was running off the free time.

ATT has messed up the website. Airstream said they are working on it. No one can get the unlimited program right now. The program is still ongoing.

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:56 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk123 View Post
I already explained to jlandreth that the Classic comes with 30-60 minutes of air time for the dealer to set things up. It shuts off after 30-60 minutes. He was running off the free time.

ATT has messed up the website. Airstream said they are working on it. No one can get the unlimited program right now. The program is still ongoing.
Yes Turk gave me a real education on my Classic last night. Wish my dealer had been anywhere close to as informative as he was. Again, thanks a million.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:33 PM   #12
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Yes Turk gave me a real education on my Classic last night. Wish my dealer had been anywhere close to as informative as he was. Again, thanks a million.
Hi jlandreth,*

We are sorry that you were having issues. If you need additional assistance, please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.*