Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2019, 07:55 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Pleasant Garden , North Carolina
Factory suggestions

I have an appointment July 1 at Jackson Center to repair my recent screw up (details available on a separate thread if you're interested). While there I am having a few warranty issues taken care of. Just wondering if there are any other things i.e. preventative maintenance issues that I should have addressed while it is there.
jlandreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:01 AM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

I'd go through and make a tick list of everything that needs to be looked at. It may not all be "repair needed". They are quite used to checking this and that. The "pile of wire" under the rear dinette is one likely thing to poke at. Same with the pile of wire under the sink.

Depending on how many miles are on the trailer, pulling the wheels and checking the brakes might be a good idea. It's a couple hundred dollars to pull them.

Check all the windows for proper function. If any need attention, put them on the list.

Lots of things that *could* be worth poking at.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:20 AM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We have been to JC with Lucy and her predecessors a number of times over the years. The Service Center is great. Every time there is a repair or update needed that we cannot do ourselves, we head Jackson Center.

If you haven't been there yet, things are handled differently than at dealers' service departments. You are invited in to the service bays to discuss the repairs directly with the technicians doing the work. If they have a question, they will come and get you in the lounge area. Also, be sure to take the Factory Tour while you are there.

As far as other maintenance items, ask the Techs to look over your Airstream for any issues that they think may need attention.

One additional item. Be sure to hit the Inn Between. It is a true road house restaurant that serves some of the best fried chicken in the world. The beer is also pretty good. It is located on Ohio 274 about 5 miles west of JC. It is just west of I-75. Go early if you don't want to wait for a table.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:22 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

I'd go through and make a tick list of everything that needs to be looked at. It may not all be "repair needed". They are quite used to checking this and that. The "pile of wire" under the rear dinette is one likely thing to poke at. Same with the pile of wire under the sink.

Depending on how many miles are on the trailer, pulling the wheels and checking the brakes might be a good idea. It's a couple hundred dollars to pull them.

Check all the windows for proper function. If any need attention, put them on the list.

Lots of things that *could* be worth poking

Bob
Great suggestion. While we are at V irginia Highland Haven next week I will spend some time doing as you suggested.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:01 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandreth View Post
. . .
. . . (details available on a separate thread if you're interested) . . .
. . .
Here is that thread FEI:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f540...ir-195346.html

Good luck at Jackson Center.

Peter

FYI/FEI/FWIW
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:50 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
While at factory......

If you have some spare time take a side trip to the Air Force Museum at Wright Pat Air Base just outside of Dayton, Ohio. Fabulous, and it is free admission and parking. At least it was when I was there last time. I am from Cincinnati, Ohio and my Father took me there many times. Probably less than an hour from JC.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:12 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraljohn View Post
If you have some spare time take a side trip to the Air Force Museum at Wright Pat Air Base just outside of Dayton, Ohio. Fabulous, and it is free admission and parking. At least it was when I was there last time. I am from Cincinnati, Ohio and my Father took me there many times. Probably less than an hour from JC.
Thanks for the suggestion, we love the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola, Fl so I'm sure this would be great.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:08 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
If you’re wanting a day trip to nature, hawking hills park is amazing. South of Columbus, so it takes about 2 hours to drive there. We left early and got back to JC around 330.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote