Old 10-12-2017, 07:31 AM   #155
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Lorton , Virginia
Bob how dare you list off your laundry list of AS failings. What, are you so entitled you don't want 20 items that need repair?

I wonder where the quantity cutoff is for defects that delineates if you are entitled or not. Or maybe it is the severity of the defects that matters?

Old 10-12-2017, 09:14 AM   #156
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Grapeview , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
Maybe the people who buy the larger, more expensive models have more of a sense of entitlement.

What a bunch of garbage statement. "entitlement" statement coming from a Canadian. Can you say "oxymoron".

sbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #157
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbowman View Post
What a bunch of garbage statement. "entitlement" statement coming from a Canadian. Can you say "oxymoron".
Sorry, you lost me with that reply. Can you say "non sequitur"?
WBCCI #6497

ďOne test is worth a thousand 'expert' opinionsĒ
Sign at Boeing headquarters, posted by test pilot Alvin ďTexĒ Johnston, c1948
Adventure.AS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:21 AM   #158
Rivet Master

2012 19' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
if I couldn't tighten a loose screw I would seriously question whether I should tow a 7000 lb trailer on a highway with others.

Tow Vehicle: Ford Superduty crew cab 6.2L V8
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:40 AM   #159
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Grapeview , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboy59 View Post
if I couldn't tighten a loose screw I would seriously question whether I should tow a 7000 lb trailer on a highway with others.
Most likely if one can not tighten a screw, they can not count to 7k.
sbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:26 PM   #160
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Factory Quality Control Issues

The problem with grievances, is that crybabies and posers ruin it for the folks who have genuine issues,,,, and itís hard to know the difference on the internet.... #JustTrue

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:44 AM   #161
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
I agree completely. Obviously there are serious porblems, but some of these complaints are so minor.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #162
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Even if “minor” complaints are corrected by the owner they should first be addressed to Airstream in my opinion. Rants on the internet to a bunch of over all strangers are no good to anyone especially future buyers. If Airstream is not frequently reminded about their QC shortcomings it is hard to expect them to correct those shortcomings. Seems some here have it the other way around.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #163
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs down

38 yrs in GM Dealer Auto Service....a good CSI score = no such thing as a "minor" Customer Concern.

The Mothership attitude, 45acres of denial....let the dealer fix it.

PoserCriBaby,
Bob

"I'm a confirmed beginner in just about everything that other folks are expert in...."
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #164
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
38 yrs in GM Dealer Auto Service....a good CSI score = no such thing as a "minor" Customer Concern.

The Mothership attitude, 45acres of denial....let the dealer fix it.

PoserCriBaby,
Bob

Dude, I wasnít talking about you or anyone. What I said is that on the internet it is impossible to tell the difference between legitimate and fake position. There certainly are some of both everywhere. That is undeniable.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #165
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Some City , Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Even if “minor” complaints are corrected by the owner they should first be addressed to Airstream in my opinion. Rants on the internet to a bunch of over all strangers are no good to anyone especially future buyers. If Airstream is not frequently reminded about their QC shortcomings it is hard to expect them to correct those shortcomings. Seems some here have it the other way around.

Airstream is on the forums as well and "knows" what is happening. If you check thru some threads you will note that if someone has an issue and has not contacted the factory the Customer Service person monitoring the Forums and Facebook pages will make a post with a name and phone number to call.

I do agree, having run a company and a number of profit centers that customer concerns no matter how trivial they may seem are concerns. An large number of these issues can and should be picked up at the dealers prep, which is I am guessing why Airstream initiated their new dealer rating program. We had one at the company I ran and it works, takes a little time, but these programs do work.

Bud
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:10 PM   #166
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Airstream is on the forums as well and "knows" what is happening. If you check thru some threads you will note that if someone has an issue and has not contacted the factory the Customer Service person monitoring the Forums and Facebook pages will make a post with a name and phone number to call.

I do agree, having run a company and a number of profit centers that customer concerns no matter how trivial they may seem are concerns. An large number of these issues can and should be picked up at the dealers prep, which is I am guessing why Airstream initiated their new dealer rating program. We had one at the company I ran and it works, takes a little time, but these programs do work.

Bud

I have hopes for the new factory QC and dealer accountability programs. I hope they actually result in greater QC and happier customers. Only time will tell.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:44 PM   #167
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
What is the forum bias factor? Most forums will have a higher proportion of complaints. If you took the total number of people complaining in a given year, compared to the number of units sold, I would bet the percentage is extremely low.

So AS makes the call to just ignore the small complaints. If things were that bad, sales would drop. But guess what. Sales are up. I see more people on the road that love their AS than those complaints on this site.

No matter what product is made, there will always be some small percent that is not happy. Is it good business, I donít know. Go look at Thor stock, a year ago $82, today, $129.... why worry about the few that complaints on this site.....
Old 10-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #168
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutboy View Post
What is the forum bias factor? Most forums will have a higher proportion of complaints. If you took the total number of people complaining in a given year, compared to the number of units sold, I would bet the percentage is extremely low.

So AS makes the call to just ignore the small complaints. If things were that bad, sales would drop. But guess what. Sales are up. I see more people on the road that love their AS than those complaints on this site.

No matter what product is made, there will always be some small percent that is not happy. Is it good business, I donít know. Go look at Thor stock, a year ago $82, today, $129.... why worry about the few that complaints on this site.....
I think you have a valid point. Large percentage of people are on here because they have problems or need assistance with their RV's...myself included.

The same thing will happen if you start researching home appliances...no matter what brand you chose, the internet will be swarming with people complaining about that particular brand.

One big difference, however, is the cost!! It is hard to stomach quality issues when paying so much money.