Old 10-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Norcross , Georgia
CZONE Display Reset?

Well the 5" display on my '19 Classic 30 wouldn't stop randomly turning on and off so I decided to play with the settings to see if I could reset it.

Long story short, after trying some setup options including the software reset, the display is no longer randomly turning on and off.

The bad news is that now the display doesn't visually look like it originally did--all the controls are still there, but the colors, layout and swiping feature are different.

Any ideas on how to get it back to how it was without a visit to the dealer?

Also, any instructions on how to customize the modes would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul

PaulR-GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR-GA View Post
Well the 5" display on my '19 Classic 30 wouldn't stop randomly turning on and off so I decided to play with the settings to see if I could reset it.

Long story short, after trying some setup options including the software reset, the display is no longer randomly turning on and off.

The bad news is that now the display doesn't visually look like it originally did--all the controls are still there, but the colors, layout and swiping feature are different.

Thanks!

Paul
Paul, I can not find out how to do a reset, in anything that I have read at czone.

I have noticed that certain mode selections on my c zone actually turn off the back light to the controller as well. kind of what you may have been experiencing? For instance, if I choose cinema mode, tha back light goes off on the c zone as the controller is adjacent to the tv so that makes sense. Your controller may also somehow have gotten programmed to turn the back light off on some other random selections as well?

Unfortunately when I choose this mode, (cinema) my invertor also turns “on”. So for me I need to get into the mode selection page and turn off the invertor (power on) selection in that particular mode. Obviously an error originating from the initial programming setup.

I have been hesitant to do this for fear of the same thing you have experienced.

I am curious if it is possible to get an IT person from C zone or AS to reprogram the system remotely if you have a WiFi of cellular connection to the czone unit?

Good luck and keep,us posted

Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:53 AM   #3
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR-GA View Post

Thanks!

Paul
Hi Paul,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can assist. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

Thank you.*
Old 10-31-2018, 05:08 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Norcross , Georgia
CZONE Issue Update

AS Customer Service has been great to work with as they researched the issue with CZONE. I'll find out tomorrow if they can walk me through correcting it myself or whether a trip to the dealer will be required.

Overall I couldn't be more pleased with the quality and service on my '19 Classic 30 provided by both my dealer (Southland RV in Atlanta) and AS!
PaulR-GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:23 AM   #5
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
Paul, I can not find out how to do a reset, in anything that I have read at czone.

I have noticed that certain mode selections on my c zone actually turn off the back light to the controller as well. kind of what you may have been experiencing? For instance, if I choose cinema mode, tha back light goes off on the c zone as the controller is adjacent to the tv so that makes sense. Your controller may also somehow have gotten programmed to turn the back light off on some other random selections as well?

Unfortunately when I choose this mode, (cinema) my invertor also turns “on”. So for me I need to get into the mode selection page and turn off the invertor (power on) selection in that particular mode. Obviously an error originating from the initial programming setup.

I have been hesitant to do this for fear of the same thing you have experienced.

I am curious if it is possible to get an IT person from C zone or AS to reprogram the system remotely if you have a WiFi of cellular connection to the czone unit?

Good luck and keep,us posted
Hi Maineiac,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team and help you get this resolved.

Thank you.*
Old 10-31-2018, 02:41 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi Maineiac,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team and help you get this resolved.

Thank you.*
I will do that, thank you for responding

Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote