Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2017, 02:36 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Glen Allen , Virginia
Classic Door shade

Has anyone created an interesting way to keep the morning sun from entering the classics opaque glass door?
Jtermini30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:56 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
No, but waiting for something interesting to be posted. I've got some ideas, but need time to work on it. Might simply buy and OceanAir pull down like in the Kitchen and Bath if I think it will fit.
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtermini30 View Post
Has anyone created an interesting way to keep the morning sun from entering the classics opaque glass door?
I hated the opaque window; cant see out and it lets all of the light and heat in! Last year while at JC, I had them make me a new window with clear glass in it. I had my "tint guy" put 10% ceramic tint on it and now we love it! I can see out and it keeps the majority of heat and light out. The window wasn't cheap but what is for a Airstream?
Old 04-26-2017, 07:48 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Glen Allen , Virginia
Great point and interesting solution!
Jtermini30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:08 PM   #5
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Duke - love that idea. When I get to JC I will remember this and get mine replaced as well. I just don't know why they didn't put a normal glass window in the door to begin with but there must be a reason.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick.l.j View Post
Duke - love that idea. When I get to JC I will remember this and get mine replaced as well. I just don't know why they didn't put a normal glass window in the door to begin with but there must be a reason.
I don't know either? It could be cost, or just the way that they have been doing it for years and at Airstream, changes come slow. On our first trip out this year, the middle of April, one night about 10:00 PM, my wife was already in bed and I was in my Duluth Trading shorts watching TV and there was a knock at the door. I was able to go to the door, turn the porch light on and was able to see who was at the door, some guy wanted to know if I knew the Wi-Fi password? Before the change, I would have had to raise a blind and see if I could see out a window. We really like it, helps a lot with the sun and heat.