Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2018, 08:23 PM   #81
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGetLivin View Post
Looks like the replacement model is now discontinued.

https://www.lg.com/us/home-video/lg-...-led-projector

I am scheduled to take my 2018 33FB Classic in to Holiday World Katy Thursday afternoon for the projector recall and the warranty fix on my shower and toilet that are both plumbed with hot water only. Perhaps AS bought out all the LG projectors.
jrkott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #82
GTL48

2018 33' Classic
Greeneville , Tennessee
Any updates on the Classic 33 cable tv problem re: Homework & projection tv?
GTL48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:59 AM   #83
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTL48 View Post
Any updates on the Classic 33 cable tv problem re: Homework & projection tv?

I dropped my 2018 off with Holiday World of Katy on Thursday, 1/3. They said they had the projector and parts in from AS. I asked them to connect my DISH Wally and Apple TV to the new system. I did not see the new system. They had no estimate of when it will be ready because they also have to diagnose and resolve the hot water only problem in the shower and toilet. I will report with pictures when I pick it up.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:25 AM   #84
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Bonita Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaRon View Post
Model LG PF1500
You can buy on Amazon for $809
Old 01-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #85
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
1995 36' Classic 36
Akron , Ohio
Airstream changed my projector to a model that is LED (cooler & quieter) it has a tuner capable of handling Antenna and Cable channels.
fkiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:54 PM   #86
2 Rivet Member

Replacement Projector Color, HDMI's and Remote?

When I searched the internet for the LG PF 1500 it was only pictured in a white body. Is that what they installed? How many HDMI's does it have? Are they accessible for hooking up a Dish Receiver? Did they program your remote?
Old 01-24-2019, 06:46 AM   #87
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
1995 36' Classic 36
Akron , Ohio
Yes, it's white.
A lot smaller.
It has two or three HDMI ports that are pretty easy to get to.
I had no trouble hooking up my Dish.
Remember that you no longer have the Homeworx Box, and the splitter that stripped out the audio to the Bose is no longer needed. I have more room up in the cubby.
Airstream also reprogrammed the Master remote.
fkiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:25 AM   #88
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
Charleston , West Virginia
Have you tried your remote? I had my View Sonic replaced with the LG by JC. They were unable to program the remote. I have spoken with the Harmony folks and JC. They believe it cannot be programed do to the fact the "Magic Remote' from LG works on both IR and RF and the Harmony remote cannot be programmed for RF signals. That being said I have been able to program the remote to turn the LG on/off by installing the spare IR repeater sensor to the back of the LG projector (Looks like it used both IR and RF with a IR sensor on the back of the LG projector. Any other info anyone has found on making the Harmony 650 remote work with all commands would greatly be appreciated.
JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:44 PM   #89
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Butler , Pennsylvania
My local Airstream dealer installed the LG projector in my 2018 Classic 33 and I am not happy. The picture is much dimmer than that of the Viewsonic that it replaced. Furthermore, the image doesn't fill the entire screen and at least some part of the image is out of focus when the rest is in-focus. What a let down. Has anyone else experienced these problems, or did I get a bad install?
RussRamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:50 PM   #90
3 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Oakville , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkiehl View Post
Yes, it's white.
A lot smaller.
It has two or three HDMI ports that are pretty easy to get to.
I had no trouble hooking up my Dish.
Remember that you no longer have the Homeworx Box, and the splitter that stripped out the audio to the Bose is no longer needed. I have more room up in the cubby.
Airstream also reprogrammed the Master remote.

Hey - can you tell me how the audio RCA cables from the Bose are connected to your LG projector / BluRay player? My unit had the new LG projector installed but they didn't hook up the audio. It works by bluetooth but there is a lag and I'd like to use the cables that are already run. I'm curious how yours were connected. I was going to try a mini-jack in the projector headphones output going to the RCA cables leading to the Bose.

Thanks!
The Naker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:19 PM   #91
2 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Estes Park , Colorado
Cable box

Well as I’m full timing I have a Comcast cable box router and my x box. Pain in the butt for sure. Take off the center panel and that will scare you with that unlabeled rats nest. I gave up trying to get the bedroom tv to work. Purchased a wireless HDMI switch so I can switch from cable to x box. I leave the cabinet door open to help with the heat and just disconnected the light.
Learned the hard way, if you need to pull off the wall cable connection plate be careful with the coax. Not secured inside the wall and the Comcast technician dropped the coax in the wall. Took a while to fish back up.
Mike0392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 05:32 PM   #92
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Livingston , Texas
New Projector Wiring Diagram??

I had the LG 1500 projector installed 3 weeks ago at the A/S dealer in Missoula. Based on the posts on this thread, it was obviously done incorrectly, as they left the Homeworx box installed and plugged into the new projector.

My initial attempt to get the updated AV wiring diagram from A/S Customer Service has not borne fruit. Does anyone have the updated wiring diagram they would be willing to share? Thanks!!!
Aircats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:15 PM   #93
3 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Oakville , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircats View Post
I had the LG 1500 projector installed 3 weeks ago at the A/S dealer in Missoula. Based on the posts on this thread, it was obviously done incorrectly, as they left the Homeworx box installed and plugged into the new projector.

My initial attempt to get the updated AV wiring diagram from A/S Customer Service has not borne fruit. Does anyone have the updated wiring diagram they would be willing to share? Thanks!!!

I don't have a diagram but I did end up fixing my projector and audio. I too had the Homeworx box left installed. Here is what I had to do:
1. remove Homeworx box as you don't need it.
2. get a mini jack to RCA cable and connect the mini jack to the back of the projector and the RCA cable to the red and white RCA plugs that were connected to the Homeworx box. There is also a yellow RCA plug back there but you don't need it (it goes to the Bose speaker).

3. make sure the HDMI that comes out of the splitter is connected directly to your projector (the other HDMI out of the splitter goes to the bedroom TV). The source for the splitter is the BluRay.
4. download the MyHarmony app and reprogram the remote.
5. Optional - I made a matching wood panel to cover the shelf that had the Homeworx box and installed HDMI/USB ports that are connected to the back of the projector (in case I want to use a Firestick or USB video). I also installed a USB port for the Polk radio beside the video ports.

It took a while to get it all sorted but now its working great.

Good luck!
Old 07-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #94
3 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Oakville , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naker View Post
I don't have a diagram but I did end up fixing my projector and audio. I too had the Homeworx box left installed. Here is what I had to do:
1. remove Homeworx box as you don't need it.
2. get a mini jack to RCA cable and connect the mini jack to the back of the projector and the RCA cable to the red and white RCA plugs that were connected to the Homeworx box. There is also a yellow RCA plug back there but you don't need it (it goes to the Bose speaker).

3. make sure the HDMI that comes out of the splitter is connected directly to your projector (the other HDMI out of the splitter goes to the bedroom TV). The source for the splitter is the BluRay.
4. download the MyHarmony app and reprogram the remote.
5. Optional - I made a matching wood panel to cover the shelf that had the Homeworx box and installed HDMI/USB ports that are connected to the back of the projector (in case I want to use a Firestick or USB video). I also installed a USB port for the Polk radio beside the video ports.

It took a while to get it all sorted but now its working great.

Good luck!
I just realized I missed one step. While removing the Homeworx box, you need to take off the IR repeater that was on it and hotglue it to the IR lens on the back of the LG projector.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:40 AM   #95
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
My question is; after the new LG install (from the View Sonic) are you able to change channels with only the harmony remote? After trying two harmony remotes, talking with harmony, LG, and a trip to JC my harmony remote will not change the channels on the LG projector. JC tells me this is true of all the Classics with the LG projector and harmony remotes. All other functions on the harmony remote work as advertised. Yes, the IR repeater is located on the back of the LG projector.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #96
3 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Oakville , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDG View Post
My question is; after the new LG install (from the View Sonic) are you able to change channels with only the harmony remote? After trying two harmony remotes, talking with harmony, LG, and a trip to JC my harmony remote will not change the channels on the LG projector. JC tells me this is true of all the Classics with the LG projector and harmony remotes. All other functions on the harmony remote work as advertised. Yes, the IR repeater is located on the back of the LG projector.
I can change channels with the harmony remote. I had to download the Harmony app and re-program everything on the remote but now I have it so that when I select TV Mode the channel buttons on the Harmony remote change the LG projector channels and the volume was programmed to work the Bose. It took a bit of time but was worth it as I truly can just use this one remote.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:05 PM   #97
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Livingston , Texas
2018 Classic 33 A/V Drawings

Many thanks to The Naker for his guidance with the 2018 Classic 33 projector upgrade. Using his instructions, my Homeworx box removal and projector re-cabling was easily and quickly accomplished.

I am still playing with the Harmony remote programming using the MyHarmony desktop app, but making progress.

I have also attached three drawings from A/S Customer Service; two that show the original 2018 Classic 33 A/V system cabling, and one received yesterday showing the new and improved cabling; with the LG 1500 and without the Homeworx.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2019-07-19 2018 Classic 33FB New Projector Wiring.pdf (194.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: pdf 33 Classic AV.pdf (217.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: pdf 33 classic video adding.pdf (74.8 KB, 33 views)
Aircats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:23 AM   #98
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

At least here at home, the only Harmony I could get to do everything I needed to do was the higher end stuff with the hub. The "hand held only" approach just never quite made it.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:46 AM   #99
3 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Oakville , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircats View Post
Many thanks to The Naker for his guidance with the 2018 Classic 33 projector upgrade. Using his instructions, my Homeworx box removal and projector re-cabling was easily and quickly accomplished.

I am still playing with the Harmony remote programming using the MyHarmony desktop app, but making progress.

I have also attached three drawings from A/S Customer Service; two that show the original 2018 Classic 33 A/V system cabling, and one received yesterday showing the new and improved cabling; with the LG 1500 and without the Homeworx.
Glad you got it sorted.

Setting up the remote takes time. First I programmed each device to work on the remote - including the screen. I couldn't find the model if screen so I just tried a few until I got one that works.

Next I programmed 'Watch TV' so the projector and Bose turn on and then I fine tuned all the buttons on the remote. In each button 'scene' such as 'Watch TV' you can tell Harmony which device you want each button to operate. So I told it to operate the projector for most buttons such as direction arrows, channel up/down, menu etc.... For the volume controls I told it to operate the Bose. The separate up down arrows were assigned to the screen.

Same process for 'Watch Movie' button except I assigned most control buttons to the Bluray.

It takes a bit of patience but it's all possible.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:14 AM   #100
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
Thanks to “The Naker”. Finally after 18 months I was able to get my Harmony remote to work with the LG projector (it would not change the channels and only change sound from the LG and not the Bose). It has been a long process. Two trips to JC who said “some work and some don’t”. They essential said they didn’t know what was wrong and not willing to figure it out. This was after two remotes and two trips for this issue. Very disappointing! After seeing Naker post I attempted to resolve one more time with Harmony (Logitech). I had tried once before but they were unable and didn’t know what the issue was. This time I got someone who was able to reprogram (through trying numerous codes) and learning the remote from the original remotes. It took over 2 hours with numerous “synchronizations” of the remote, taking several attempts each time, but finally we were able to get the right codes and I now have a Harmony remote which changes the channels and controls the Bose sound bar. AS solution was to use all remotes and forget about the Harmony remote. I was told the new 2020 33 Classics were the same way and many did not operate with the Harmony. As I said, very disappointing in AS/JC response to the issue. Thanks again for the ability of the Forum to share the knowledge.