Old 06-20-2019, 07:29 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cedar Hill , Texas
Classic 30 bedroom windows

We’re thinking of moving from a DP to AS classic 30. I’ve been asking a few questions on forum. These questions pertain to all of the windows surrounding the RB.

Is there a lot of noise transferred through these windows (i) because they’re windows, and (ii) because they’re at “ground-level” with noise?

Is there a lot of heat transferred through these windows in the summer? Bedroom hot?

Is there a lot of cold transferred through these windows in the winter?

Thanks in advance ...

no_worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:52 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Gulf Breeze , Florida
Love the views from our Classic and don’t notice any big heat transfer. Skylights are another issue.

trumpetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
They are windows. No more or less than all the other windows in the trailer.

I’m completely comfortable in mine. There are things you can do to regulate temperature like opening windows and closing blinds. Classics have the benefit of the black out shades that will act as additional insulation as needed
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:16 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Lorton , Virginia
All modern AS windows are single pane, so they will transmit sound and thermal differences fairly easily. As noted above, closing the blinds does help somewhat with the thermal exchange.

It is wonderful waking up in the woods and looking directly out at the forest through those panoramic windows.
Zybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:44 AM   #5
rbs
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Decatur , Illinois
we have a piece of the aluminum faced bubble material cut to fit the rear window and use it sometimes for both heat and cold. The blinds in the unit do a pretty good job, in insulation and noise reduction, although the Airstream does seem to keep the noise down when all closed up
rbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:53 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Crested Butte , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_worries View Post
We’re thinking of moving from a DP to AS classic 30. I’ve been asking a few questions on forum. These questions pertain to all of the windows surrounding the RB.

Is there a lot of noise transferred through these windows (i) because they’re windows, and (ii) because they’re at “ground-level” with noise?

Is there a lot of heat transferred through these windows in the summer? Bedroom hot?

Thanks in advance ...
Noise level is remarkably low when the AS is closed up. Single pane windows and little insulation in the walls notwithstanding.

The dual AC units and Alde heating in the 30 have been able to deal with fairly significant temperature extremes (below 30 in Florida this winter, 105 in Phoenix last week).

In the situation where the weather is lovely, being able to cross-ventilate the sleeping compartment is just wonderful.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:02 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
I agree with Froglips.

The window "boxes" (don't know the official name) help with insulation and sound control. Much quieter than my 27 Signature. The window blinds definitely help insulate when in snowy conditions.

We use the flexible aluminum "cardboard" for the two skylights to keep out the heat (big improvement for AC) and the "pillow" available for the fantastic fan that insulates.

Our Google images and chat: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CMQbpNXQwapMnj8t9
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:24 AM   #8
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

On the Classic, the "night blinds" are pretty heavy stuff. They do a good job of insulating the windows. If you are at a temperature extreme (hot or cold) closing all of them *does* have a significant impact on how well you can heat or cool the trailer.

Noise wise, everything is going to be what you are sensitive to. The neighbor's AC's running do not bother me through a closed window. With the window open, I notice them.

We run a fan (120V plug in style) at night to keep the air moving. It also provides a bit of white noise to cover up the dogs moving around. It also keeps things from going dead silent when our air conditioning shuts off.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:32 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
Quote:

Thanks in advance ...
..our 13 31’ Classic doesn’t have the rear br wrP around windows..we have cabinets...I like this better.
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:43 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
All good comments above, Regarding the noise levels, we have traveled extensively with another couple that own a late model DP.

In both circumstances, one member in each couple tends to sleep lightly and the other never hears a thing. We get up in the morning and if there was outside noise, the two light sleepers heard all the activity outside while the two deep sleepers , ..slept like a baby!

As Uncle Bob says , much depends on how light a sleeper you are, regarding external noise levels.

On a more general note, We love the flexibility that all the windows in our Classic provide.
Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Ann Arbor , Michigan
All I can say is that my wife and I sleep better in our Classic 30 than we do at home. The privacy shades keep it nice and dark and the noise levels are more than acceptable. And what does come through are most often sounds of nature, which helps us sleep even better. If you are concerned about noise, park it somewhere quiet!
LvngTheStrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:51 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
Quote:

Thanks in advance ...
..our 13 31’ Classic doesn’t have the rear br wraparound rear windows..we have cabinets...I like this better.
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:40 PM   #13
PCJ
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Eden Prairie , Minnesota
We live full time in our 30 Classic and love on our windows seal so well we don't notice any problems with heat or cold. As far as noise they are after all windows so yes you'll here someone sitting in your site. Hope that helps.
PCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

Sunapee , Alaska
Well we moved from a well insulated 5th wheel into our '16 30' Classic and have to say things are better. We have been in Utah at temps of 15 degrees for days (a small pelonis ran at night and heat kicked on if it needed to, and now in NC with temps high 90's and feel like of 110 degrees. Heat was fine, and cooling was great. Much better than the leakkng slide of our 5th wheel.
The shades when pulled do insulate well enough. Sound is like others have said, windows closed nice and quiet. Open...well depends on outside background noise.
Only noise has been the downpours which in a metal can can be noisy.
KarenMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:32 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cedar Hill , Texas
I really appreciate all the responses. Thank you. Going to look at the classic tomorrow.
no_worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:54 PM   #16
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
One thing I would like to add. I upgraded the skylights to Maxim. The difference is amazing. So glad I did it. The quality of the light comparison is like Anderson windows (or any other high quality window) to plain ol plexiglass. I can leave the shade open in Florida, in August, in direct sun and not have the heat beating down on you. Plus, since they’re triple pane they’re much quieter.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:06 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Callao , Virginia
The rear bedroom windows on our 30' does not have the extra shading as the front windows with the external protective covers. So the light is more intense in the bedroom and we use the curtains to regulate that.
Airhead2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:06 AM   #18
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

It *is* well worth noting that all those windows do have an upside. Being able to open up all the shades on a rainy day makes things much more pleasant. Cross ventilation with all the windows open is also a major plus..... Just make sure they all are latched before you get back on the road ....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:26 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick.l.j View Post
One thing I would like to add. I upgraded the skylights to Maxim. The difference is amazing. So glad I did it. The quality of the light comparison is like Anderson windows (or any other high quality window) to plain ol plexiglass. I can leave the shade open in Florida, in August, in direct sun and not have the heat beating down on you. Plus, since they’re triple pane they’re much quieter.

What is Maxim? And how did you do that upgrade?
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:25 AM   #20
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Great company, makes after market skylight specifically for Airstream. Three layer, insulated, tinted. I have there website copied and pasted below. They are very familiar with our brand of TT.
I ordered mine and had them sent to me but asked the guys at JC to install them for me since I was going to be there anyway.

https://maximskylights.com/airstream-skylights/

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote