Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Everywhere , Minnesota
Bring back the 27' or 28' Classic?

Airstream introduced their new Globetrotter 30RB recently. Globetrotters look "really nice", but....

When will Airstream reintroduce the Classic in a 27' or 28' model with all the new amenities and features of the current 30' and 33'? "They're great."

I am aware that years ago there were many other Classic lengths available. With new Airstream production facilities nearing or in use now would a shorter Classic be too much to expect in the near future?

I would love to see something shorter than the 30' and wonder what those with the 30' and 33' Classics would like to see in their 'perfect' short version.

I wonder how many have looked at Globetrotters because Classics were just too long to work effectively for them? I know it is only 3' from a Globtrotter 27' to a Classic 30', but that 3' can be too much sometimes.

I am not criticizing any particular Airstream model or length I think they are all far better than any other SOB choice out there.

We have been looking for some time and find it harder some days to really decide which Airstream is best for us - we now have a short list of favorites. Yes we have been in dozens many different times and still like all of them. And like a cute pet you want to take all of them home.

Thank you, Jeff and Kathy - Renascence
Old 10-25-2019, 03:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
We have a 30. Only thing we would modify is probably a U shaped eating area that converts to a bed and change the current dinette to a desk. We tent you eat on the couch and watch a movie. The work space and office organization would be beneficial as we full time.

Been thinking about calling ultimate airstreams in the Pacific Northwest. They do custom interiors for airstream and are one of the only companies in the country (I believe) that can order an empty shell from airstream direct.

It’s such a personal thing though, don’t know how many people would be interested in this setup as we are younger and still working.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 25' Globetrotter
Santa Rosa , California
Renascence, I hear you. We had a 30' Classic and loved the upgraded amenities of that model, in particular the radiant heating, power recliners and beds, larger fresh water tank, and centralized control panel. The downside was that the 30' size could be a handful in some of the off-the-grid locations we enjoy and it locked us out entirely from all California state parks. Our solution was to trade the Classic in on a new 25' Globetrotter.

We just got back from our first trip in the new trailer and we are very happy with our swap. The GT has a definite upscale feel to the fittings and features. The smaller size isn't a drawback for us in terms of living space or storage and there were numerous occasions, including getting in and out of various filling stations, where it was a major advantage. That said, if a 25' Classic with the Classic feature set was currently available we very likely would have chosen that model over the GT.

My guess though, is that AS feels that the GT adequately fills the void left by the absence of a smaller Classic. For most people I suspect that's true. Maybe they will try out a limited run of specially branded GT's with more Classic features to test that theory.

2020 25' Globetrotter Twin | 2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali Ult. 4x4 Duramax
400Ah Battle Born lithium battery string | 580W solar (400W roof 180W portable)
mikeinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:46 AM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

There have been a number of threads about this over the years. They all pretty much agree that it's a good idea. The only counter is that the "over 25 / under 30" range is already full of sizes and models. I would still assume that it should be a "swap out" rather than an addition. Factory space isn't the only factor. Dealers lots are only just so big .....

On the "other side" of the Classic range there's the triple axles ....which way should you go? ..... hmmm ..... I'd bet at least a half a warm bottle of beer that the "go long".

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote