Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
bgb
1 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
bedding for 36"x80" twin in classic

We're thinking of trading in our 25' FC with twins for a new 30' Classic with twins. The twins in the FC are both 33"x78". I noticed that one of the twins in the classic is 36" x 80" and the other is 36" x 78.75". I know that they come with a set of sheets, but where does one find other bedding for these odd sized mattresses? I'd like to get mattress pads and blankets as we have for the current twins but they're not going to fit. I looked on ABLifestyles which does sell Airstream bedding but they just have the smaller twin size.

Help? Has anyone figured this out? Thanks.
bgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

I believe that both beds in the new Classic are 80" long. I could have mis-read that though.

Sheets come from the "usual sources". Jackson Center will be happy to sell you some fine ones (at Jackson Center prices). There are also places on the internet that specialize in RV linens. I have not dealt with any of them so have no real opinion there. If I was headed that way, I'd do a search and dig into the multitude of "linens" threads here on the forum.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:10 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
A twin XL is an 80 in sheet. They are not as easily available as a regular twin, but can be found. They are the ones used in college dorms. I haven't bought new sheets yet. I wanted to try a regular twin and then buy them if needed although I think I will. I had heard both beds are going to be 80in in the 2018s, but the 2018 brochure still show the beds being different sizes in the floor plan. I wonder which is the truth.
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:41 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
On our Classic we did purchase aftermarket sheets, one fitted from a source recommended on the forums. They were to put it nicely, unacceptable. We are going to spend the money and buy additional sets from JC. The sheets which came with the trailer are nice, fit exceptionally well so we are going that way.

At first I did use a mattress pad on my bed. Simply took a single bed pad and cut it to fit. Stopped using it as the mattresses which come with the Classic are more comfortable than any we have had in past Airstreams, so the pad is now two dog beds.
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:34 AM   #5
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
I haven't had any trouble with the sheets that came with the trailer and I did buy another backup set. I even found really nice set (600 count ) set online and just put them on yesterday and they worked lovely. I bought the mattress pad and mattress topper from ABstyles and they are awesome.
Another trick that works well is a couple of sheets holders. These can be found at Walmart, Target or many places online. They are a pain to use but they will keep the sheets from slipping around.
https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/f8d...0&odnBg=FFFFFF

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:03 AM   #6
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

The beds are "ok" to fiddle with using properly fitted sheets. The mattresses are a really strange shape. I don't think I would want to deal with unfitted sheets on them.

Bob
Old 07-09-2017, 11:00 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Sulphur , Oklahoma
You will LOVE the Classic. We went back and traded our 2017 FC in for a Classic after 6 months and we are very glad we did. It does come with sheets they are great sheets. Air Stream does sale other colors.
When make the dining area into a bed I just use a full size sheet and tuck under the cushions. Seem to work out great. We bought the twin bunk mattress topper at camping world. It's a tad bit short at the top or bottom but does go completely around the edges of the mattress. I bought full size extremely soft blanket from amazon for bedspread. I like to change it up and these are a great price to do that. I bagged all the original spreads, and throw pillows so when /if we ever sale it will be like brand new. Oh yea the sheets fit the shape of the bed. I figured this out after trying three times. ��
Dennisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:39 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Yorba Linda , California
Amazon has them as does ABlifestyles

http://www.ablifestyles.net/road-ready-sheet-set-made-especially-for-airstreams/?st-t=adwords&vt-k=%2Bairstream+%2Bsheet&vt-mt=b&vt-ap=1t1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr_SDj9781AIViohpCh1CRwBgE AAYASAAEgJBzfD_BwE
merchantmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Yorba Linda , California
Scratch Amazon. They only have Queen. ABLifestyles has everything in bedding you will need for your AS Twins.
merchantmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:35 PM   #10

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Salt Lake City , Utah
I bought twin XL sheets, but I really think that regular twins would probably work. But one trick I use to keep the fitted sheets on tight over that round "corner" is to tighten them underneath by using a cheap pair of Wal-Mart clip-on suspenders clipped to the sheets. I bought the kind that had a metal part in the back where the suspenders would criss-cross if wearing normally. I broke that part off, leaving me with two long elastic straps with clips on each end. I then attach them to the sheets under the mattress. Works perfectly. Each strap is still adjustable like the original product they were. Hope this makes sense.
KMcLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:35 PM   #11
bgb
1 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
I've looked at the XL twin bedding and thought that might work. XL twins are 39" wide and the Airstream twins in the new Classic appear to be 36" wide. That would give me an inch and a half overhang on each side and that should really work. Since it will come with a set of sheets I'll probably get the XL mattress pads and see how it goes. I'll let you all know if it works! Many thanks for your helpful response.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:40 PM   #12
bgb
1 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
I love that you made dog beds out of the pads! I see you have a couple of labs. We have a 15 year old, very dear chocolate lab. Used to get a dog sitter when we left home but don't want to leave her any more given her time is no doubt short. That was one of the pluses of the trailer for us. A bonus of the twins is that we can make up a nice soft bed for her between them. Thanks for sharing your idea.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #13
bgb
1 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
I appreciate all your suggestions and I especially appreciate that you switched to the classic after 6 months. When the subject of trading in the FC for a Classic came up for us after such a short time with the 25' FC we wondered if we were nuts. But the more we think about it the more we want to do it. So glad to hear we're not alone! Many thanks.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Indian Wells , California
We went from a 40' Diesel pusher to the Classic Twin Bed.
Haven't found a need for additional new sheets yet. The beds are extremely comfortable as is, no pads needed as in RV. Two people and small dog it is a fantastic layout!
SeaMover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:42 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
BGB We ended up buying our Classic a few years early. So now our almost 14 yr old chocolate lab will get to enjoy a few more camping trips.
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:15 AM   #16
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb View Post
I appreciate all your suggestions and I especially appreciate that you switched to the classic after 6 months. When the subject of trading in the FC for a Classic came up for us after such a short time with the 25' FC we wondered if we were nuts. But the more we think about it the more we want to do it. So glad to hear we're not alone! Many thanks.
Hi

We went over to Colonial about 80% minds made up that we would get a 25' FC or *maybe* go up as far as a 27'. We spent the entire day in this one and that one. Much of the time trying to figure out how three big dogs (two Neuf's and a Lab) would fit. Finally, we went with the Classic. It fit the dogs (and us) better. After several trips no regrets.

Bob
Old 07-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
bedding for 36"x80" twin in classic

We purchased a set from ABLifestyles and are perfectly satisfied with the fit. They are comfortable as well. Can't tell the difference really between the two twins in size or fit.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:11 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Springdale , Arkansas
Twin XL bedding

We remodeled our Airstream from queen to twin beds. One bed was 80 inches the other 83 inches due to the bathroom wall. I purchased twin XL from Bed Bath & Beyond & Mattress pads from Khols. I really like the Warmsutta 620 sheets. Their on clearance on line at BB&B plus add a 20 percent off coupon & you have a sweet deal. They both worked fine on each bed. I just maded sure on the fitted sheet the elastic went all the way around to give them that nice fit. With students going back to school soon grab them while you can.
mrsretail6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:28 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

We went over to Colonial about 80% minds made up that we would get a 25' FC or *maybe* go up as far as a 27'. We spent the entire day in this one and that one. Much of the time trying to figure out how three big dogs (two Neuf's and a Lab) would fit. Finally, we went with the Classic. It fit the dogs (and us) better. After several trips no regrets.

Bob
Huh, and we thought we were crazy with two English Labs.

Enjoy

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #20
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Huh, and we thought we were crazy with two English Labs.

Enjoy

Bud
Hi

How can one ever wake up in the morning without a yellow lab nose in your face? The Neuf's just sit there and puff down at you, nowhere near as effective as an alarm clock.

Bob