Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Mannford , Oklahoma
2018 Classic air conditioner problem

The front air conditioner & heat pump would not come on. The fan only
would engage. Diagnosis: The AC power control board had a melted relay. Turns out this PC board is not a stock Dometic part. Because of the Firefly controls:
a special PC board is supplied by Dometic for Airstreams using the Firefly.
Airstream was out of stock on same and had to wait awhile to get the new part, requiring another stop at the Airstream dealer.

In addition, was told by my Airstream service that a service bulletin #173 was just issued for a recall of a possible damaged wire behind the fuse panel closest to the bedroom. They changed out that wire while working on the PC board. Might be something worth checking on.

Gerald
geraldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:05 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Cumberland , Maryland
So the recall is separate from the AC issue, correct? Where is the power control board located?
Airhead2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Mannford , Oklahoma
The power control board is mounted topside in the Dometic A/C. The possible defective wire is not related to my problem. (I think--sometimes it is hard to understand why and what the technicians are doing) My Airstream dealer
advised that what should happen is that when you bring your unit in for servicing the Airstream service dept at your dealer should routinely check for these recalls. However, I would not trust my dealer to do this on their own. Might be a good idea to ask about this next time you are in for service.
Gerald
geraldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:55 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Cumberland , Maryland
Thanks Gerald, we must have the same dealer.
Airhead2018 is offline   Reply With Quote