Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by davcarv View Post
when I google, Infinity Flooring i get,

INFINITY FLOORING - THE ULTIMATE IN ATHLETIC FLOORING

I wouldn't want a weight room floor in a camper.
Google "Infinity Fabrics" instead. The Classic flooring is called "Raffia #2".

WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:22 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Quote:

Try this one.
Bamboo Collection | Boat RV Aviation Flooring

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:42 PM   #59
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Classic
Covington , Louisiana
Quote:

Google infinity marine flooring.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:22 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Here's the link.
Raffia™ #2 » Infinity Fabrics

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:30 AM   #61
4 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
Missoula , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswenson View Post
I had myself convinced to buy a 2016 Classic. We went to the local dealer to see the one they had. But it was partially disassembled for some repairs. And the salesman really didn't know the unit and couldn't answer some basic questions.... I was ready to buy, but my disappointment with the salesman's knowledge, my wife's objection to the flooring, and the insulting offer for my trade....
Stopped by AS-NW about the same time, I think. Taking our AS "to see her people" and check out the bike racks. Only had one Classic - and that "in the shop" - but no, "they just pulled it out" the salesman says. So we got to walk through it but we knew more about it the the sales guy. I'm posting this because my wife, too, didn't care for the flooring and asked about it - but he didn't know what it was. He was willing to go find answers but we weren't going to buy... especially after my wife said "We'll keep our "classic." Nice to now know what the flooring is... but it was the looks of it, not the utility, that put off SWMBO.
TAC
TCT
OilnH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:12 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
Cumming , Georgia
That did it, ... Thanks Joe.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:19 PM   #63
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Classic
Covington , Louisiana
What product are you all using to clean and nourish the gorgeous cherry wood on the classic?
Old 09-02-2015, 03:47 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Erie , Colorado
Murphy's Oil - also mentioned in the owners manual.
ProPride
NVPN
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:22 PM   #65
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Classic
Covington , Louisiana
I previously posted this on a separate thread. and received no comments or thoughts. I decided to re-post on this thread in the hope it would receive a helpful response:

My wife and I just purchased and took delivery of a 2016 classic. The first trip was uneventful with all systems operating properly. On our second trip this Labor Day weekend I noticed that a water leak occurred during and after showering. Water accumulated on the floor outside the shower door and rear bedroom wall. (Depending on level angle front to back). Oddly, water was also dripping inside the bedroom TV housing compartment and down the bedroom wall behind the shower. We obviously have a leak that needs to be addressed. My concern is that the leak is coming from a fitting high inside the rear shower wall. I have searched the forums for a similar thread but couldn't find anything specifically on point. The obvious action is to take the unit to my dealer for service but I thought I would first seek help from the forum. Any thoughts?

PS---i want to make clear that we love our airstream and I am not interested in starting a "trash the airstream thread!"
Old 09-09-2015, 04:24 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjcjr View Post
I previously posted this on a separate thread. and received no comments or thoughts. I decided to re-post on this thread in the hope it would receive a helpful response:

My wife and I just purchased and took delivery of a 2016 classic. The first trip was uneventful with all systems operating properly. On our second trip this Labor Day weekend I noticed that a water leak occurred during and after showering. Water accumulated on the floor outside the shower door and rear bedroom wall. (Depending on level angle front to back). Oddly, water was also dripping inside the bedroom TV housing compartment and down the bedroom wall behind the shower. We obviously have a leak that needs to be addressed. My concern is that the leak is coming from a fitting high inside the rear shower wall. I have searched the forums for a similar thread but couldn't find anything specifically on point. The obvious action is to take the unit to my dealer for service but I thought I would first seek help from the forum. Any thoughts?

PS---i want to make clear that we love our airstream and I am not interested in starting a "trash the airstream thread!"

I think a buddy of mine had an issue like this with his 2015. At least that's what my memory tells me. I will send him a note and ask him to chime in if possible. I know they are traveling right now but I will try to get him to articulate the problem he had and how he fixed it..... Stay tuned...
Cheers
Doug
Old 09-09-2015, 04:47 PM   #67
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
Sjcjr - With respect to your water leak. We too as Arcticfox mentioned had a water leak with our shower we noticed after a few uses of the trailer. It occurs after taking a shower. What I found on mine was that after pulling the panel which covers the shower manifold, is that Airstream uses a shim where the water line goes to the little manifold that the shower head hose connects. When Airstream goes through their pressure testing process, all is good as the leak only occurs when the shower head is actually turned on by use of the little button on the shower head. When that occurs, we had a significant leak at the connection behind the wall where the shim is. An Airstream dealer in Albq, NM took it off and used a thinner shim then tightened the connection back up and all was good. What was happening is that the thicker shim was not allowing the connection to mate properly, thereby sealing the connection. All is fine now. It is a very simple process to fix.

Hopefully that is all it is for you and that will solve it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Chuck
Old 09-09-2015, 05:57 PM   #68
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Classic
Covington , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlabs View Post
Sjcjr - With respect to your water leak. We too as Arcticfox mentioned had a water leak with our shower we noticed after a few uses of the trailer. It occurs after taking a shower. What I found on mine was that after pulling the panel which covers the shower manifold, is that Airstream uses a shim where the water line goes to the little manifold that the shower head hose connects. When Airstream goes through their pressure testing process, all is good as the leak only occurs when the shower head is actually turned on by use of the little button on the shower head. When that occurs, we had a significant leak at the connection behind the wall where the shim is. An Airstream dealer in Albq, NM took it off and used a thinner shim then tightened the connection back up and all was good. What was happening is that the thicker shim was not allowing the connection to mate properly, thereby sealing the connection. All is fine now. It is a very simple process to fix.

Hopefully that is all it is for you and that will solve it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Chuck
Was your leak causing water to drip into the TV mount housing midway up the bedroom wall? That's well above the shower connection your referring to. That's my concern, unless of course, the pressure causes an upward spray into the TV mount housing.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:53 PM   #69
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
Nope, but I am in a 2015 28FC so a little different set up. The leak very well could be spraying up. Since you mentioned it coming after a shower, this was just the experience I had and I have talked to at least one other that had the same issue. It's worth checking but unfortunately yours may be something else too. Good luck.

Chuck
Old 10-17-2015, 07:38 PM   #70
3 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
Cumming , Georgia
Any 2015-2016 Classic guys towing with an equipped 2016 - F150 that has a tow capacity of 12220?
Thanks
Dave