Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2016 - Current International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-22-2018, 10:52 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
2015 20' Flying Cloud
Port Townsend , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Where did you see "solar was standard?" I have never seen any of these options as "standard", unless you get a "special edition" like the Tommy Bahama, or another special edition... Solar and back up camera are options which AS has wired for, but typically on most models, they are "options"; just easier to install with the wiring already there. They also have wired for portable solar with a Zamp connector by the battery box.
I ordered the Tommy Bahama edition & on Airstream website is indicated solar as standard, but the brochure at the dealership had it as an option. As of yesterday the Airstream website still list is as standard. All I’m stating is there appears to be a discrepancy & the dealer was negotiating from the one document that listed as option and AS was advertising online that it was standard. I made my decision to upgrade to the TB edition due to the standard features offered. Disappointed that I had to argue for what was clearly and still clearly states online to be standard.
Ray Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
2015 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinPeddler View Post
Ray, the only 2019 Airstream model standard with solar is the Classic and Interstate.
And the Tommy Bahama edition which is what I ordered and had to argue to get what Airstream was advertising online as standard. I love Airstream and in the end they lived up to their online advertising.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Graves View Post
I ordered the Tommy Bahama edition & on Airstream website is indicated solar as standard, but the brochure at the dealership had it as an option. As of yesterday the Airstream website still list is as standard. All I’m stating is there appears to be a discrepancy & the dealer was negotiating from the one document that listed as option and AS was advertising online that it was standard. I made my decision to upgrade to the TB edition due to the standard features offered. Disappointed that I had to argue for what was clearly and still clearly states online to be standard.
Hi Ray- I looked at the TB 27' specs; Solar is listed as an "option"; it is the solar wiring which is included as "Std". for adding roof top solar. It is like this now on all the other models, except for a couple top of the line loaded models. From the on line brochure specifications on the 27TB: "Solar Pre-wire (Rooftop & Front Access Points) STD"

Couple of thoughts on permanent vs portable; we have used our portable GoPower folding solar unit with 3 different AS's now; if you get permanent solar "installed", you pay more, you also may not move around if under a tree for example to find the sun, and the big one; you can take the portable unit with you if you decide to move to another AS.
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:19 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
I like the simplicity of my manual awning...
brick
brick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:41 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
2015 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Hi Ray- I looked at the TB 27' specs; Solar is listed as an "option"; it is the solar wiring which is included as "Std". for adding roof top solar. It is like this now on all the other models, except for a couple top of the line loaded models. From the on line brochure specifications on the 27TB: "Solar Pre-wire (Rooftop & Front Access Points) STD"

Couple of thoughts on permanent vs portable; we have used our portable GoPower folding solar unit with 3 different AS's now; if you get permanent solar "installed", you pay more, you also may not move around if under a tree for example to find the sun, and the big one; you can take the portable unit with you if you decide to move to another AS.
AS website list as standard “160 watt solar package with AGM batteries”. Airstream.com- travel trailers- Tommy Bahama Edition- features, scroll to list and it’s the first one there. Seems to me that package would be the whole kit and caboodle including the AGM batteries.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:38 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2003 25' Safari
Kissimmee , Florida
The selling price discount vs list price used to be so great, and the depreciation of a new trailer was so steep, that a small change in an option list price wouldn't make much difference over time. This may have changed though.

In any case, once bought it's time to enjoy camping and forget about sunk costs!
Old 08-24-2018, 06:14 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
Ray Graves is correct, the AS website does list "160w Solar Package with Interior Monitor and AGM Batteries" as standard. It's in the features list for the Tommy Bahama edition.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:41 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtech View Post
Ray Graves is correct, the AS website does list "160w Solar Package with Interior Monitor and AGM Batteries" as standard. It's in the features list for the Tommy Bahama edition.
Yea, see that...I would push back and also contact the factory if the dealer is not going to honor it...let us know how it comes out.

"160w Solar Package with Interior Monitor and AGM Batteries" ?? Seems like this is standard to me!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:34 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member

1999 35' Cutter Diesel Bus w/slide
Fullerton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Graves View Post
And the Tommy Bahama edition which is what I ordered and had to argue to get what Airstream was advertising online as standard. I love Airstream and in the end they lived up to their online advertising.
Ray you are correct that their website listed the solar as standard on the Tommy Bahama however it is incorrect and they are fixing it as we speak. So good for you being able to take advantage of it. Enjoy the new trailer.
TinPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote