Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2018, 04:32 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Las Vegas , Nevada
New Airstream Serenity Owners

Hello all. Marcus and LaMona from Las Vegas, NV, are proud new owners of a 2018 Airstream International Serenity 28RB (delivery 05/10/18). Once we made the decision we would like to become Airstream owners, I spent countless hours watching You Tube videos and reading forum posts here.

Fortunately, there is a local Airstream dealer (opened about a year ago). Everyone there is very friendly and seemed quite knowledgeable. We initially looked at a 25 foot Signature. A couple weeks ago, we went back to look at a few larger models. A new 28 foot Serenity just arrived the day before on their lot (the rig was born mid February). We knew right away that this was the "one"! I scheduled a 4 day weekend to take possession and tow her home.

We have it parked next to our home and we've enjoyed checking out all the systems. I had an electrician install a 50 amp outlet (2 Air Conditioner model) and so far everything is working properly. The unit includes solar (dealer installed) with AGM batteries. I pulled the rig out to the street yesterday and solar worked perfect. Tested the awnings and windows. I also hooked up the fresh water hose to the house.

I still have today and tomorrow for our initial systems check. Not sure yet when we will take her out on a maiden voyage. There are several nice RV parks in Las Vegas, so we may do a few weekend trips while we plan out a longer vacation.

Glad to be here on the forum!

Marcus
desertpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:48 AM   #2
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Marcus, it's great to have you with us! Welcome and it's fantastic to hear that you have taken delivery of your new AS. The Serenity is a beautiful model.

There is lots to learn and for me, that's part of the fun!

Just curious as to the dealer you purchased from?

Enjoy!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:31 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
2016 28' International
2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
St Augustine , Florida
Congratulations, we love the 28ft INTL. let’s see some pictures once you get it loaded up.
ArkFortyCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:29 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
Our new Serenity 28 arrived a few weeks ago, and so far we have camped in it two weekends. No issues, no problems. Everything works. Very pleased with our dealer, too. So far a great introduction to Airstream.
brick
brick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:24 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
Marcus, it's great to have you with us! Welcome and it's fantastic to hear that you have taken delivery of your new AS. The Serenity is a beautiful model.

There is lots to learn and for me, that's part of the fun!

Just curious as to the dealer you purchased from?

Enjoy!

Lot to learn, for sure!

Link to local dealer: Airstream Las Vegas
Old 05-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Anacortes , Washington
Congrats! We had that feeling in 2016 bringing our "Wanda", 27' Serenity back home. Our first trailer, so we had no experience other than tent camping! We're now up to about 15,000 miles towed and just loving everything. We struggled trying to decide on the 25' and 27' and we 'high-five' ourselves choosing the larger one.

It is so much fun outfitting everything, stocking the pantry, bathroom, kitchen, etc and more, as you will find out.

Thinking back so far on all the things we have bought and love, one jumps out in particular. We used to take a stack of 2x8 or 2x10 for leveling. But last year we bought those Andersen Camper Levelers (red, curved), and it made leveling so much easier.

Have a blast!
Pat Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:29 AM   #7

Currently Looking...
Amarillo , Texas
welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpilot View Post
Hello all. Marcus and LaMona from Las Vegas, NV, are proud new owners of a 2018 Airstream International Serenity 28RB (delivery 05/10/18). Once we made the decision we would like to become Airstream owners, I spent countless hours watching You Tube videos and reading forum posts here.

Fortunately, there is a local Airstream dealer (opened about a year ago). Everyone there is very friendly and seemed quite knowledgeable. We initially looked at a 25 foot Signature. A couple weeks ago, we went back to look at a few larger models. A new 28 foot Serenity just arrived the day before on their lot (the rig was born mid February). We knew right away that this was the "one"! I scheduled a 4 day weekend to take possession and tow her home.

We have it parked next to our home and we've enjoyed checking out all the systems. I had an electrician install a 50 amp outlet (2 Air Conditioner model) and so far everything is working properly. The unit includes solar (dealer installed) with AGM batteries. I pulled the rig out to the street yesterday and solar worked perfect. Tested the awnings and windows. I also hooked up the fresh water hose to the house.

I still have today and tomorrow for our initial systems check. Not sure yet when we will take her out on a maiden voyage. There are several nice RV parks in Las Vegas, so we may do a few weekend trips while we plan out a longer vacation.

Marcus

Welcome! We are also new 28 Serenity owners in Amarillo, TX. We love it!! We have taken a few 2-3 days trips and are prepping for a long week at Elephant Butte Lake in NM in August. I even have a girls trip planned with another owner later in the fall. It will change your life!!

Evelyn
drevy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #8

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. Congratulations on your new baby. May you have safe travels and many great Airstream Adventures with her.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' Globetrotter
Diamond Bar , California (winter) Montana (summer)
Quote:
Lot to learn, for sure!

Link to local dealer: Airstream Las Vegas
FYI, the Las Vegas dealership is part of a group of four (Las Vegas, LA, Orange County and Inland Empire) owned by the same guy.
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
DRBusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:00 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Blacksburg , Virginia
Excellent choice !

Excellent choice in the Serenity model. The light interior is always a plus.
Lots of storage space, you will enjoy it immensely.
The 28's, I think, are heavy as far as AS goes, but they pull really well. I call it a mid-size AS, cause you can get it in most campgrounds, and there is plenty of room inside that you don't have to go outside to change your mind.

Safe travels, have a good one!
Old 05-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
2017 30' International
Sun City , Arizona
I don’t buy ANYTHING from Andersen, the owner doesn’t care about the environment and had his teenagers change the license plates on his truck/trailer to avoid being caught and/or fined. https://www.google.com/amp/s/idahost...58d92.amp.html
Escape_Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Currently Looking...
Antes Fort , Pennsylvania
Welcome to the forums. I have been living/traveling full time in my new 2017 27Ft FB International Serenity with salsa leather interior for two years now (bought in 2016). Mostly minor problems so far. water pump failure, water pressure regulator leak, storage drawer next to door won't stay on track. steps won't stay up so I use a plastic milk crate as a step. Had one major problem, a huge dent on the roof from I don't know what. Geico insurance paid to have the rear and rear passenger side corner panels replaced by the dealer. Its a great lifestyle, I use my GPS and Allstays.com to find places to stay. For over a month I have been staying free at the numerous town RV parks in West Texas. They have water and electric and for a donation you can stay 3-5 days. When I stay at a commercial RV park it is always for at least 1 month to get a better rate. When traveling I only overnight at rest stops. Sometimes I stay off the grid with my generator and a 45 gallon water bag that fits in the back of my truck to replenish the RV water tank. I ABSOLUTELY have to stay where this is cell phone/internet service, I have a Verizon Jetpack and my smart phone. I have made friends and keep in touch via Facebook. Have fun, and these forums are great for help and advice.
alphamale49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Galt , California
New Serenity

Congrats on your new International. We recently upgraded to the 27" FB Signature (in 2017). Many similar features as yours. We love it, and so far after two trips, all is working just great. Looking forward to the long haul to Salem next month
Connie and Andrew in Galt, CA
absteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:12 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Cumming , Georgia
Congratulations on your new AS!
We took delivery of our new 30’ Serenity last February (2017) and have enjoyed it. I pull it with a 2500 diesel with the Equalizer hitch and have never felt or seen any movement from the AS while towing. They tow so well!
We love the light colored wood cabinets mixed with the cocoa brown seating with the aluminum walls and ceiling.
We’ve had some small issues, all corrected promptly by the dealer who is local, Atlanta area.
You will be amazed how fellow campers at most every park will love your AS, most have never been inside one. Although you will be the “small trailer” in the park you will enjoy the superior build quality and open window styling of your AS. No slides = No broken slides,.
Enjoy! You will meet many great people in your journeys.
Scott59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

Flower , Texas
Tow

Quote:

Marcus
What are you using for a tow vehicle and which WDH did you go with. Just curious. Thanks.
Me. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:12 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me. Bill View Post
What are you using for a tow vehicle and which WDH did you go with. Just curious. Thanks.
We are using a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, Diesel. Great truck! Easily handles the Airstream. The dealer installed a Blue OX w/Stay Pro. Works great.

Marcus
Old 05-13-2018, 10:47 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Welcome
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:12 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Congrats on your new Serenity. We have a 28’ 2017 Serenity and love it. We’re heading to the Blue Ridge Saturday for Memorial Day. Enjoy!
VaTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:42 PM   #19
www.streamingairheads.com

Gettysburg , Pennsylvania
Hi and welcome. We just sold our Flying Cloud RBT 25 and ordered a 2019 Serenity RBT 30. She won't be ready until early July, so we are "Airstream-less" (a very sad state to be in) for now. So, just dreaming of our new unit coming. I love the light and airy look of the Serenity and ordered the Salsa Ultraleather. It makes me happy!
streamingairheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:15 PM   #20
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamingairheads View Post
Hi and welcome. We just sold our Flying Cloud RBT 25 and ordered a 2019 Serenity RBT 30. She won't be ready until early July, so we are "Airstream-less" (a very sad state to be in) for now. So, just dreaming of our new unit coming. I love the light and airy look of the Serenity and ordered the Salsa Ultraleather. It makes me happy!
Congrats on your new AS. That color combination should be really great! Looking forward to seeing it!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote