Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2016 - Current International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-27-2018, 08:16 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott59 View Post
Congratulations on your new AS!
We took delivery of our new 30’ Serenity last February (2017) and have enjoyed it. I pull it with a 2500 diesel with the Equalizer hitch and have never felt or seen any movement from the AS while towing. They tow so well!
We love the light colored wood cabinets mixed with the cocoa brown seating with the aluminum walls and ceiling.
We’ve had some small issues, all corrected promptly by the dealer who is local, Atlanta area.
You will be amazed how fellow campers at most every park will love your AS, most have never been inside one. Although you will be the “small trailer” in the park you will enjoy the superior build quality and open window styling of your AS. No slides = No broken slides,.
Enjoy! You will meet many great people in your journeys.
I think we saw your unit at Southland RV last year. We liked it do much we ordered a Serenity 28 this year. So far it has been great. Just upgraded my 2016 Expedition to an F250 Diesel.
brick
brick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:58 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' International
Calgary , Alberta
Marcus and LaMona, welcome to the Forums and congratulations! We bought our Serenity last year and have had a ton of fun with it!

We spent the winter as snowbirds and it was great! Looking forward to new adventures,

Michael
Poodle and two cats!
Masondood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:44 AM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Las Vegas , Nevada
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome and well wishes! We've owned our rig for a month now. First trip, over Memorial day weekend, was to a local Las Vegas RV site, Oasis RV Park. We were mostly prepared. Learned a few things, of course. Our next trip is a 5 day excursion (July 4th) to Emerald Cove Resort.

Issues? Nothing really. We have 2 AC units. Zone 2 popped a circuit breaker. It works, but not nearly as well as Zone 1. I'll have the dealer look at it. The door takes a good slam to shut properly. I read that this is common. We are level so that isn't the problem. Another dealer squawk. Otherwise, I tested every system and they all seem to work fine. Very glad I had solar installed. Works perfect and allows me to keep the inverter on when not using shore power.

We have 3 dogs and I learned very quickly, leashing them at all times is quite a hassle (especially with no coffee in the morning). Many other RV owners used fencing to make a dog zone beside their rig. I purchased a set that should work for us.

Other adds? I'd like to replace the dinette table with something nicer (I read a few posts on wood table tops that really look nice). I'd also like to install an R/O system but nothing really fits so we will take R/O water from home with us for now. I installed a Marcel monitor to alert us if the power and/or AC goes out. We don't leave the pets alone much but the unit works perfect.

Right now, our main challenge is coming up with a storage system that works for us. I did find a checklist website Checklist.Com that is really impressive. I create checklists on their website using my laptop and they download to my phone app. It's free. Now, of course, I need to actually use the checklists I created.

Thanks again everyone, Marcus
desertpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:46 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Marcus, we’ve had our 2017 28’ Serenity for about a year and a half. It sounds like our trailers are set up the same. I put every option on it except the FIamma bike rack, which I’m doing next month. As far as trips go, I’m still working so we’ve been limited to 3-5 day adventures. Our longest tow was a 7 hour run to the Blue Ridge. So far very minor issues with AS. TV is a F250 diesel. We love the combination and feel very secure running down the road. The problem you’re experiencing with the door being hard to close is not unusual and can be easily fixed. You may find your hot water heater stops igniting on propane. Another common issue with the newer trailers. We got tired of dealing with the failing OEM circuit board that we replaced it with a Dinosaur board. There’s plenty of posts on it. I highly encourage you take 4 or 5 days and figure out how to manage a dry camping situation. It will give you an idea how to manage your power, water, grey and black tanks. You may have to wait till winter. You’ll find all sorts of great help on here if you have questions or issues. Safe travels!
VaTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:02 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2016 28' International
Sioux Falls , SD
Welcome and congratulations!
Better to live one day a lion than a lifetime a sheep. Camp hard, camp often
DBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:37 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Las Vegas , Nevada
We just completed a 5 day stay at Emerald Cove (on the CO River in CA). It's about a 4 hour drive from Las Vegas. The Airstream worked just fine but we did learn a few more things. They put us on 30 amp which limited us to 1 air conditioner (in 112 degree heat, that was bad). I will always insist on 50 amp in the future.

We purchased dog fencing to put inside of our CLAM tent. Worked great. No leashes to get all tangled up. A neighbor used 8 inch lag bolts and his drill instead of stakes to hold his tent in place. I will try that. I purchased storage boxes to help keep equipment organized (power cables, water hoses, etc.). My portable air compressor worked great to keep tires at 80 psi. Also checked lug nut torque to 110 pounds. I felt quite comfortable on the drive.

Thanks, Marcus
Old 07-06-2018, 07:15 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
Glad all is going well with new trailer and you are having fun.

Curious. What kind of dog fencing are you using?
Old 07-06-2018, 04:24 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2016 27' International
Sherwood Park , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape_Plan View Post
I don’t buy ANYTHING from Andersen, the owner doesn’t care about the environment and had his teenagers change the license plates on his truck/trailer to avoid being caught and/or fined. https://www.google.com/amp/s/idahost...58d92.amp.html
+1. After this incident my Anderson stuff hit the trash, I didn't even try to sell it. Got a Camco one that works almost as well.
thewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:27 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2016 27' International
Sherwood Park , Alberta
Congrats on your Serenity purchase. We just love our 27 Serenity and am sure you will really enjoy yours as well. Lots of great, knowledgeable folks on this Forum as well. Sure helps with the learning curve.
thewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:59 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick1 View Post
Our new Serenity 28 arrived a few weeks ago, and so far we have camped in it two weekends. No issues, no problems. Everything works. Very pleased with our dealer, too. So far a great introduction to Airstream.
brick
Update: four camping trips in the record book, and all is good with our new Serenity 28. But my 2016 Expedition turned into a 2018 F250 Diesel. Tows great!
Tongue weight is 961 lbs loaded. Still have to get to a CAT scale for overall weight.

Life is good in an Airstream...
Old 07-07-2018, 05:30 AM   #31
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Update: four camping trips in the record book, and all is good with our new Serenity 28. But my 2016 Expedition turned into a 2018 F250 Diesel. Tows great!
Tongue weight is 961 lbs loaded. Still have to get to a CAT scale for overall weight.

Why the TV switch? Just curious.

Thanks!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:34 AM   #32
1 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWBishop View Post
Glad all is going well with new trailer and you are having fun.

Curious. What kind of dog fencing are you using?
Got it from home depot. We have three dogs so I bought two. They are heavy but fold down well. Lucky Dog Fencing. I did not stake it down because I used it inside a tent.

Marcus
Old 07-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
Why the TV switch? Just curious.

Thanks!
The Expedition was OK, but I could tell it was at the limits of its suspension and payload (1319 lbs). The EcoBoost had plenty of power, so that was no issue.
The new F250 Diesel tows so easily, I have to remind myself that I am pulling the Airstream. I put a sliding tonneau over the bed, so that becomes our extra storage area. Overall I am very pleased with the 250.
brick
Old 07-15-2018, 10:22 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Hi all, I have been reading all the posts regarding TVs - and totally respect everyone’s opinion. We have had to pleasure of towing our 28’ International on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia and am very happy I have a 3/4 ton truck. I am pretty sure brand makes no diffErence. I’m talking about stability, power and especially breaking power - that to me gave us confidence and a safety margin. Just IMHO.
VaTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:07 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Blacksburg , Virginia
Brp

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTravelers View Post
Hi all, I have been reading all the posts regarding TVs - and totally respect everyone’s opinion. We have had to pleasure of towing our 28’ International on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia and am very happy I have a 3/4 ton truck. I am pretty sure brand makes no diffErence. I’m talking about stability, power and especially breaking power - that to me gave us confidence and a safety margin. Just IMHO.
Yep, that sounds about right . I wish they would repave sections of that road, it really needs it.
Did you all travel the entire length in Virginia ? There are some pretty good pulls on that road in sections. Yeah, I wouldn't want the '28' pushing me around on BRP !
Let us know which parts you were on. I am glad it was an 'Un-eventful' drive.

I really need to travel the northern end of that road & Skyline drive. I have been from the James River south to the end in NC. That road and Natchez trace I need to traverse.

Good deal,
Have a good one!
Old 07-17-2018, 10:29 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Blacksburg , Virginia
961 lbs

Quote:

I knew the '28' was heavy ! Thanks for posting that Brick.
961 lbs loaded on the tongue isn't to bad. We have had the
INTL Serenity 28' since 2014 and it tows great. It feels like its one with the truck, but I think its because the Equalizer hitch is setup right. Took a while but I finally got it dialed in.
I have had no issues dodging parts of tires on the interstate and missing chunks of concrete

Now I see why wind doesn't mess with it much. I have had some strong winds hit a at a wired angle on that I-65 bridge across the Mobile river, north of Mobile Alabama. Heavy is your friend at that time. That heavy tongue helps in certain situations.

I agree Brick, its a breeze to tow. 'Life is good in a AS ( anytime you are not at work ) !
Old 07-17-2018, 11:27 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyvekcat View Post
I knew the '28' was heavy ! Thanks for posting that Brick.
961 lbs loaded on the tongue isn't to bad. We have had the
INTL Serenity 28' since 2014 and it tows great. It feels like its one with the truck, but I think its because the Equalizer hitch is setup right. Took a while but I finally got it dialed in.
I have had no issues dodging parts of tires on the interstate and missing chunks of concrete

Now I see why wind doesn't mess with it much. I have had some strong winds hit a at a wired angle on that I-65 bridge across the Mobile river, north of Mobile Alabama. Heavy is your friend at that time. That heavy tongue helps in certain situations.

I agree Brick, its a breeze to tow. 'Life is good in a AS ( anytime you are not at work ) !

We were careful to not load much into the nose of the AS, to keep tongue weight down. Heavy stuff goes over the axles, and some under the bed and exterior storage compartment in the rear. My empty weight is almost 6,200 lbs. Much of the extra weight is the 50 amp power cable...
I have not had an opportunity to weigh the rig and Airstream yet, but it is on the agenda,
Overall it tows great with the F250.
brick
Old 07-20-2018, 06:15 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
Quote:
Much of the extra weight is the 50 amp power cable...brick
I carry my 50 amp cable along with my fresh water hose, cable tv cable, 30 amp adapters, etc. in a heavy duty plastic storage box in the bed of my truck. It is easier to coil the 50 amp cable into the box than any other solution I have found.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:40 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpilot View Post
Got it from home depot. We have three dogs so I bought two. They are heavy but fold down well. Lucky Dog Fencing. I did not stake it down because I used it inside a tent.

Marcus

Thanks. Like that multiples can be connected together to make one big pen.
BTW: Agree that F250 is a sweet TV.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:46 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtech View Post
I carry my 50 amp cable along with my fresh water hose, cable tv cable, 30 amp adapters, etc. in a heavy duty plastic storage box in the bed of my truck. It is easier to coil the 50 amp cable into the box than any other solution I have found.
Great idea. Currently I cannot drop the tailgate when hitched - need about one more inch length on the shank. I am looking for a slightly longer shank, then I will use your idea for power cable storage.
brick