Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2016 - Current International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I wouldn’t be surprised if resolution to the problems outlined here included an agreement for silence about them from here on out,

Maggie
Old 11-23-2017, 05:22 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmanlinda View Post
Long story short- we're so disappointed with our purchase we're considering our options: how we can unwind our deal or proceeding with legal action if necessary. But before we do, has anyone found AS corporate amenable when the entire purchase process has turned out bad?
Could you please give us a general update on this, without violating the admonitions from Rocinante in Post#57? Hope it is working out in your favor.

Thanks,

Peter

PS -- And have a great Thanksgiving!
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:33 AM   #63
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Menifee , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Could you please give us a general update on this, without violating the admonitions from Rocinante in Post#57? Hope it is working out in your favor.

Thanks,

Peter
Ok, so far so good. I will update again next week. Always be civil, never lose control.
thurmanlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:48 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks for the update. Have a good weekend.

Peter
Old 12-04-2017, 06:03 AM   #65
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Menifee , California
Quote:
Ok, so far so good. I will update again next week. Always be civil, never lose control.
Still dancing around some issues. AS stepped in and helped with speeding things up, but the dealer drama continues. I don't know if this is normal, but it sure feels like buying a spec home; now we're forced to deal with all the promises and guarantees, and they're coming up short. Sigh
thurmanlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:21 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Still dancing around some issues. AS stepped in and helped with speeding things up, but the dealer drama continues. I don't know if this is normal, but it sure feels like buying a spec home; now we're forced to deal with all the promises and guarantees, and they're coming up short. Sigh
Sorry for the delayed reply, and thanks for the update.

Am I the only one to feel like this deal is becoming less of a deal each time you interact with the "deal"-er?

I would consider walking away, given how much you are going to have to rely on the dealer for warranty repair issues.

Good luck!

Peter
Old 12-22-2017, 04:59 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Wondering how this worked out.

Happy Holidays!

Thanks,

Peter
Old 12-24-2017, 02:13 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB International
Hopefully you got “show pricing” or something... that’s the ONLY reason to buy on-site like that. My perception is that you got caught by a hell of a salesman who sold you everything they could, then the Back office people couldn’t deliver on everything you were told. This is a very delicate situation that needs to be handled by you personally with the consultation of an Attorney. Know your rights, follow the law, and be passive-aggressive as hell. “I don’t want to throw good money after bad and have to pay my attorney to sue everyone (including Airstream Corp) involved.” That’s just the ugliest thing to have to do and say but if you’re dealing with crooks or perhaps just incompetence, that’s the only language that is spoken. If you’re going to buy new, buy new from the dealer of in-stock inventory. ALWAYS check the VIN against your contract.
chaseav is offline   Reply With Quote