Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member
 
2019 23' International
Portland , Oregon
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 367
Dinette bed hack?

Anyone solved the protruding tabletop on the dinette bed? We haven't picked our international up yet but DW not happy with that. Maybe I make a slightly smaller table out of some nice wood and build some side supports for it?
__________________

__________________
2019 International Signature 23FB "Cecil"
2005 Yukon XL
Former coach: 2015 Bambi 16 "Beanie"
leedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #2
Overkill Specialist
 
GMFL's Avatar

 
2014 23' International
Dadeville , Alabama
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,170
Images: 4
Blog Entries: 47
On the 23FB can you not rotate the table 90 degrees and then lower into position?
__________________

GMFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:59 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member
 
2019 23' International
Portland , Oregon
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFL View Post
On the 23FB can you not rotate the table 90 degrees and then lower into position?
You can. But the bed isn't flat. The table thickness protrudes
__________________
2019 International Signature 23FB "Cecil"
2005 Yukon XL
Former coach: 2015 Bambi 16 "Beanie"
leedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:11 PM   #4
Overkill Specialist
 
GMFL's Avatar

 
2014 23' International
Dadeville , Alabama
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,170
Images: 4
Blog Entries: 47
I don’t think you should be able to feel the 3/4” thickness through the cushions
GMFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:12 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member
 
2019 23' International
Portland , Oregon
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFL View Post
I don’t think you should be able to feel the 3/4” thickness through the cushions
That's what the dealer says. Wife not happy with that answer. Hence this research.
__________________
2019 International Signature 23FB "Cecil"
2005 Yukon XL
Former coach: 2015 Bambi 16 "Beanie"
leedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:24 PM   #6
Overkill Specialist
 
GMFL's Avatar

 
2014 23' International
Dadeville , Alabama
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,170
Images: 4
Blog Entries: 47
Our 23D’s dinette table “laps” the top of the seats for support while in the bed position. We have never had an issue with comfort or feeling the “edge” through the cushions.
GMFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:30 PM   #7
3rd one is the charm?
 
pcskier's Avatar

 
2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,421
My plan A was to install a smaller oval table making the dinette much more user friendly. Table would be small enough to completely lower into the space, even with the seat level. Then put a sheet of thin 1/8 inch thick plywood over the table, large enough to extend over the dinette seats to fill the small 'gaps.' 1/8 inch would not be noticeable for sleeping, but also thick enough to support everything since the 'gaps' would only be in the 'few inches' range. I was going to store this sheet of plywood under the mattress in the bedroom.

But I wound up going with Plan B instead which was switching to a 23d corner bed.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member
 
2019 23' International
Portland , Oregon
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskier View Post
My plan A was to install a smaller oval table making the dinette much more user friendly. Table would be small enough to completely lower into the space, even with the seat level. Then put a sheet of thin 1/8 inch thick plywood over the table, large enough to extend over the dinette seats to fill the small 'gaps.' 1/8 inch would not be noticeable for sleeping, but also thick enough to support everything since the 'gaps' would only be in the 'few inches' range. I was going to store this sheet of plywood under the mattress in the bedroom.

But I wound up going with Plan B instead which was switching to a 23d corner bed.
Guess we'll see. I'm not averse to making a nice hardwood tabletop
__________________
2019 International Signature 23FB "Cecil"
2005 Yukon XL
Former coach: 2015 Bambi 16 "Beanie"
leedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:42 PM   #9
3rd one is the charm?
 
pcskier's Avatar

 
2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedav View Post
Guess we'll see. I'm not averse to making a nice hardwood tabletop
Some have done some nice ones. I think there are pictures on the 23FB thread. You can even purchase some nice ones, which was my plan. I'm not a woodwork guy.
__________________

pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sofa bed, dinette/bed, swivel chairs and fold out table Don Landis Argosy Motorhomes 9 09-07-2011 06:56 PM
Jack Knife Bed, Dinette/bed, Swivel Chairs/Table Don Landis Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings 2 04-21-2009 10:18 PM
Sofa bed, dinette/bed, swivel chairs and fold out table Don Landis General Interior Topics 0 04-21-2009 01:18 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
×