Old 08-22-2018, 03:44 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mair23 View Post
Did you end up getting the 27FB? We are back and forth too on the Flying Cloud 28RB or 27FB. I was interested in the Globetrotter but like the price of FC better.
Now to get my husband to agree to ordering one in. We've been talking to Can-Am in London, they seem like really nice people to deal with.
We live in Newfoundland Canada right now (military family) but moving to Ontario summer of 2019.
No! LOL!!! Changed our minds 20 times!!! Ended up with a 23CB that we absolutely love!!! Corner bed is challenging, but we make it work.

Bought trailer in October and have spent lots of time in it. First trip was 2.5 weeks, second trip was 4.5 weeks, third trip was 3.5 weeks, and we’re currently 4 months into a 6 month trip.

LOVE our 23CB!!!

weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mair23 View Post
Did you end up getting the 27FB? We are back and forth too on the Flying Cloud 28RB or 27FB. I was interested in the Globetrotter but like the price of FC better.
Now to get my husband to agree to ordering one in. We've been talking to Can-Am in London, they seem like really nice people to deal with.
We live in Newfoundland Canada right now (military family) but moving to Ontario summer of 2019.
Now, don't get confused by OP wierdstuff, like I did by trying to follow this thread...wow; what a bunch of turns...

Having owned 3 different 25' AS's, and now moved to the 28'FC....I can share a some of the things we liked:
1) 23, 25, and 27' all have the same long lounge on one side; not really comfortable for watching TV (heads turned left to see TV) or for having more than 4 people over...all sitting side by side. (Need a wrap around seating option like the 26U...or get the modification to this with ASAdventures NW custom shop.)
2) outside storage-the Twin models offer 3 or 4 outside storage compartments for storage. (depends on which model FB or RB for the 4th compartment.) Either way, Queen model only have one outside storage.
3) sleeping surface and room to dress or move around is much larger with the twin models. Queen sleeping is only 60"; twins are 34" each or 68" total...4 more inches per person; plus the space between for changing. (I like to get up early and do stuff while wife sleeps in..twin allows no one being disturbed by other person getting up and moving around.)
4) closet storage- we like the two closets at the foot of each twin in our 28'; we don't use these for hanging; we added shelving so both sides hold towels and folded cloths. Much more useable this way...we don't have any hanging items except our coats in the mid-ship closet.
5) Why 28' vs 27'--? separate dinning area and an L-shaped couch for watching TV or for reading a book while the dinning area can be used for games or what ever... Note; the FC model also has 2 extra large cupboard compartments above the dining table; International models do not have this storage; they have windows there...storage is everything and FC model is better value in my mind.
6) size- the 28' is actually 27'11"; the 27' is actually 28'; we did not think the larger 30' or 33' was needed, plus did not really like the layout in either of these models, extra consideration in length for parking or finding camping spots for this size AS. For us, the 28' works great for now....I do like the 26' U...If I had another 25' or 27', I would seriously consider doing the ASNW custom mod adding the U-shaped lounge and additional work surface with drawer options...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS NW kitchen lounge.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	320589  

Summer in Lincoln, MT- Winter in Austin, TX
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:35 AM   #45
2 Rivet Member

Fullerton , North Dakota
We changed our mind too

We owned a 25’ International and after 2 years traded for the 28’RB. We love the extra dinette/couch configuration - lots easier to watch TV, and the walk around queen bed. It is much more open feeling and is only 2 ft longer (actual measurements than the 25). If you camp when it’s cold out - the wall gets cold & the bed would be more difficult to make But ultimately A personal decision.
LWinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:27 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Sun City , Arizona
We have the Intl. Sig. 28’ RB. We sure wished we had the twins, rather than the Queen. We can sleep together in a King, but have trouble with a Queen. Buried in it’s little alclove, it can be a little stuffy in warmer temperatures because of little air circulation. As a result, one of us sleeps aft, the other fwd. other than that, our trailer is awesome. Updating our wheels to 16” with a Michelin LT tires is our next upgrade. Chinese ST rated tires are a big downer, as we have already had one explode. Why Airstream ever put these “crap O” tires on there, with the price of an Airstream is next to plain stupid.
BoeingJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:40 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingJet View Post
We have the Intl. Sig. 28’ RB. We sure wished we had the twins, rather than the Queen. We can sleep together in a King, but have trouble with a Queen. Buried in it’s little alclove, it can be a little stuffy in warmer temperatures because of little air circulation. As a result, one of us sleeps aft, the other fwd. other than that, our trailer is awesome. Updating our wheels to 16” with a Michelin LT tires is our next upgrade. Chinese ST rated tires are a big downer, as we have already had one explode. Why Airstream ever put these “crap O” tires on there, with the price of an Airstream is next to plain stupid.
Michelins LT (light truck) are only avalible now in 16" or larger...we decided not to spend the extra money on 16" wheels just to get the Michelins, although we had them on our earlier 15" 25' AS's when they made a 15" true LT rated tire. We have replaced the Marathons with the new "made in USA" Goodyear Endurance, that now come standard on most AS models....many good experiences with this new tire, and it comes in 15". So far, 7K miles and no issues...need to make sure you follow the recommended tire pressure chart...they will hold 80PSI which is what the dealer put in them new....had some screws and a couple rivets come out...lowered to the recommended pressure of 48-50lbs and no issues since... also invested in the TSM TPMS with screw on cap/transmitters recently after reading several posts of blow outs and the damage they can cause here on the Forum. They worked out great on our recent 2800 mile trip fromMT to Texas for winter...nice to see pressures and tempertures and know you have an audible alarm should a tire start to heart up or loose pressure...
Old 10-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Twin bed also gives more outside storage!

We recently visited AS dealer and looked at 8 new units, including the Classic...love the shower in the 33' Classic, but lots of AS there...also, did not like the way the seating is for watching TV...
Overall, we also noticed that several models did not offer the long outside storage locker in the front or rear unless you had the twin bed model...The twin models have 3 outside storage lockers; the queen model does not. I have plenty of outside storage in my 28' twin with 3 good sized lockers. Only twins offer the extra storage....
Old 10-13-2018, 09:04 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
LOL, well each model always has some appeal IMO. I looked at new ones last fall and fell in love with two new floorpans- the 26 twin and the 33FB twin. Those two floorpans are great to me. I like space and a twin model appeals to that multi-functional ideology and I believe the Airstream, an RV without slide outs is best suited in that layout IMO, again. When I eventually get camping (I have to say that as my poor '06 sits in storage getting dirty) I seem to do outdoor stuff in the day and then venture inside to cook, compute and watch TV. The 26 and the 33 have dedicated space for such. I have not seen the 30RB in person but it is a couch model and that would also be nice. Mine is set up that way and I like it. The only note of concern would be the front bedroom twin and the trunk behind the LP tanks- not good. I prefer rear bedroom models. You are also discovering some of the many advantages twin models have over the other layouts.

Gypsydad, love your detail on the models. Your point about the 28' International vs. the 28'FC is a good one. Funny, in my model, I have created makeshift alterations to deal with shortcomings. It is the differences that make this all great sharing.