Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2016 - Current International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-16-2017, 04:57 PM   #1
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
5 more feet!

We currently own a highly personalized 2008 25' SS International... but with Kids growing up it was time for mom and dad to get their own bedroom!

Just put a deposit down on a brand new, larger 30-foot International Serenity. We plan to keep our 25' and perhaps get some land for it out near Steamboat.

The floor plan on the 30' and especially the lounge work really well for us as it's the same lounge setup as our 25'SS, but the extra length makes for a larger queen bed, bathroom, and kitchen area, which is great.

Patrick at Colonial was a pleasure to work with. Simple and straight forward transaction from 1,700 miles away here in Denver.

Now we will figure out the logistics to ship our SUV out to NJ, fly out and then drive it back home cross country!
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
redondo beach , California
Congratulations on the new rig.
5' makes a world of difference.
Remain calm.
Spend TWO nights at Colonial.
Check everything twice.
Insist on 50 Amp service.
Bring movies for the kids.
Use the very cool Colonial service Dept. for all its worth.
Like check that the black tank cleaner thing does in fact work.
Unstick all the windows.
Have them clean the factory glue off of the windows.
Make real sure the brakes and hitch are set up correctly.
Transfer water from the fresh water tank to the grey water tank i.e., take a long hot messy shower and make real sure the shower door does NOT leak and then check that the water level thingy works.
Run the cabinet doors through their paces.
Be harsh.
Make darn sure the door and screen door combo work PERFECT.

Costco is nearby.
We love all the New Jersey people!
Whats your return route?
Randy and Beth 15 F250, 16 30' International, ProPride, Dexter 3" lift, Michelin 16, Dill TPMS, Centramatics, Battleborn x4, Victron BMV and 1.2KW inverter, Orion DC/DC, BlueSolar MPPT, 300W solar, Alpine iLX, Polk MM1, Samsung smart 42"
mythbuster88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:17 PM   #3
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Thanks for the good advice, much appreciated. Not sure what route I will take from NJ back to Denver yet. Kinda depends if we make a 9 day trip out of the it or if I just grab the trailer and head straight back in 3 days.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:53 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' International
Calgary , Alberta
Just having pulled our new 30 Serenity from Texas to Alberta, take your time...learn how the trailer handles and learn your limits too! Congrats on your new trailer!
Poodle and two cats!
Masondood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #5
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
5 more feet!

Thanks. It's only 5' longer and 500-1000lb (loaded, ready to camp) heavier than my 25' so I hoping the transition should be pretty smooth from a towing perspective.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:20 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Congrats!!!! Sounds like the perfect setup..... maybe you should sell the 25 real cheap to a fellow Coloradan [emoji6][emoji6]
Old 05-16-2017, 10:22 PM   #7
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
5 more feet!

We have been going back and forth on keeping (or selling) the 25'. We have so many memories, time, passion and $$ invested in it... it would be hard to let it go. But I guess everyone has their price
Old 05-17-2017, 03:39 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
redondo beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfraat View Post
Thanks for the good advice, much appreciated. Not sure what route I will take from NJ back to Denver yet. Kinda depends if we make a 9 day trip out of the it or if I just grab the trailer and head straight back in 3 days.
Don't sweat the towing, the TV does all the work.
9 days! Niagara Falls!
Randy and Beth 15 F250, 16 30' International, ProPride, Dexter 3" lift, Michelin 16, Dill TPMS, Centramatics, Battleborn x4, Victron BMV and 1.2KW inverter, Orion DC/DC, BlueSolar MPPT, 300W solar, Alpine iLX, Polk MM1, Samsung smart 42"
mythbuster88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:18 PM   #9

Currently Looking...
Erie , Colorado
I am also in Colorado and just starting to delve into RVing in general and Airstreams in particular. Would you mind sharing why you went all the way to Colonial instead of purchasing from Windish RV here in Denver? Anything that I (or anybody else) should be aware of?

Thanks, Eric
Viking000040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #10
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
5 more feet!

Hi Eric - The absolute best price windish could produce was still $5k higher than colonial. I was willing to pay a premium for local pickup but not that much. Also, they would have had to order a new one with 6 month lead time - all of their inventory was wiped out (totaled) with the hail storm a few weeks ago.

Also, I felt that colonial have far more experience in delivery, and will hopefully find and fix any issues before I even arrive on the lot. Suffice to say I am a very detail oriented and meticulous buyer

If you are in the market for a 25' locally here in Denver, I've got an absolutely stunning fully renovated / customized trailer for sale (was just put on the market today)

Here is a link to the sales brochure if you are interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lbseqqluc...0Sale.pdf?dl=0
Old 05-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #11

Currently Looking...
Erie , Colorado
Thanks for the info, good to know that it was just a price issue and not a dealership problem. I have watched a lot of the Colonial youtube videos and regretted that they weren't closer.
Also thanks for the info on your trailer, looks like a nice one, but we aren't in a position to buy just yet, just trying to gather all the info I can get.
Enjoy the new camper.
Viking000040 is offline   Reply With Quote