Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2019, 02:33 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Merritt Island , Florida
2019 30’ International Serenity issues

Bought it brand new (in Central Fl.) and for close to 1 year now have been trying to get the initial punch list of items fixed from the dealer and I’m convinced they’re just putting me off hoping I will just go away. Sick of constantly asking for updates and ZERO follow through, the frustration in getting anything fixed is beyond expectations. I honestly had better warranty service with my Winnebago, it was slow but it got done (and the trailer was 1/4 the cost). I have not called the Airstream customer service but did submit two on-line requests to them weeks ago and got nothing back. Do they monitor the forums?
campnfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
This is an issue with your specific dealer, who is not living up their their promise of customer service. some dealers are excellent, some are mediocre, others are like yours.

Call Airstream and express your concerns, they will step in and escilate the issued with leadership at the dealership.

Yes Airstream monitor these forums but you are best to call them.
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:38 PM   #3

2016 28' International
Birmingham , Alabama
My advice would be to take your trailer to Jackson Center.
egraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:23 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by egraham View Post
Yes, this is the lesson that I have learned. It's a haul from Florida, but in my experience it's the best place, and best way to have warranty work done.

2017 Ford CCSB F250 XLT 6.2L Gas 4x4 Ruby
2019 International Serenity 30 Rear Twin
majorairhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:11 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Merritt Island , Florida
Thanks, will call them today and see what happens
Old 10-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Merritt Island , Florida

So called and spoke with Airstream customer support. Basically none of the warranty parts have been ordered by the dealer. So they got approval but never ordered the parts. Suggestion was to take to another dealer 4+ hours away and start the process all over again. No issue with the person at Airstream that provided me with information, very nice and professional. Needless to say when I'm out camping and someone asks me how my I like my Airstream I will be sure to fill them in on what they can expect. Love the camper but no way I would recommend this, it's a joke.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #7

I have a 2019 30’ serenity and I’m curious as to what issues you are having? I have a few issues also.
Papastream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:19 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Orlando , Florida
Airstream Serenity Problems

Sounds like Orlando RV or Tampa RV / Airstream One.

We've bought other Products from them and they have been very responsive and own up if there's a mess up.

I would elevate your issue. The Owners are at all the Shows and will respond to your problems in my experience.

Jackson's a long way to go for Punch List Issues.

Sorry you're being tortured. There really is always something that needs fixing on these beauties.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Bobfrapples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:10 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Not what you want to hear, I’m sure, but if you are a bit handy and the problems are small, have Airstream cust service send you the parts and fix what you can yourself. You will learn about your trailer and it will be fixed right. Airstream wants things done by a dealer, but with your problems they should work with you.
I had air conditioning unit replaced by a dealer under warranty as it was just too big a job for an old man and his wife. Along with a big dent in the top of the trailer, they completed the job.
Howard L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #10

2020 30' Flying Cloud
Naples , Florida
Hey Campnfish, sorry you are having so much trouble - its not how it should be. I suggest you post the name of the dealer thats giving you the run around. Help the community make better dealer choices. Make that dealership accountable.
Mikeyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Johnson City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by egraham View Post
Yes, just as anyone with a GM product should spend their money to return to the GM factory for warranty service. Warranty repairs should be quick, correct, and well communicated by any authorized Airstream warranty service provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnfish View Post
Bought it brand new (in Central Fl.) and for close to 1 year now have been trying to get the initial punch list of items fixed from the dealer...
If a dealer performs poor service - name and shame them. Hopefully they will loose future sales. Forum members seem hesitant to lay out the facts.

Quote:
...did submit two on-line requests to them weeks ago and got nothing back. Do they monitor the forums?
Same is true for Jackson Center. An Airstream owner should have minimum down time - no different than a new car owner. PERIOD. Don't accept owner apologists making excuses for Airstream.

73/gus
ProPride 3P/Prodigy P3
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:37 PM   #12
2019 30' International

2019 30' International
Bolingbrook , Illinois
We have a 2019 30' Serenity as well and have had a few issues. Our dealer in Naperville has be beyond outstanding in response and follow through. I have no issues left on my punch list.
wwillson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Merritt Island , Florida
Thanks for all the replies, and yes purchased from RVone in Orlando. The day after we took delivery the VP of RVone actually called my wife to make sure that everything went well, I was actually impressed that he took the time to call us. And each time that I chase this it results in a call/email to him to get things moving again, only it never gets to the goal line. I once again reached out to him today as I don’t have time to drive this in search of getting rather simple things fixed correctly and in a timely manner.

I did ask the AS Customer Support if they can simply ship me the parts, some they can’t and even if they could since it’s been more than 60 days since the claims were filed without ordering the parts those claims now have expired. RVone VP did respond to my email, I am waiting on a call from the service VP.. If I don’t get a call by morning will be calling him back.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:34 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Merritt Island , Florida
Dealer did call me back, they do want to make things right and have set up an appointment. Hopefully things on the right track.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:50 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2008 19' Bambi
2012 23' Flying Cloud
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Bandera , Texas
Quote:
Dealer did call me back, they do want to make things right and have set up an appointment. Hopefully things on the right track.
Good luck....sending positive JuJu your way!
banderabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:00 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Merritt Island , Florida
So far after contacting management of RVone they are following up, VP reached out to follow up with me today. They did confirm they do have the parts, dropping off the AS tomorrow so they can get this wrapped up.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:04 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Nicholasville , Kentucky
I am watching your experience with RV one. Mine was similar although I purchased a 2016 and no one EVER stepped in to make anything right. It would have been so much easier to just address my concerns than to keep jerking me around that I just couldn’t wrap my head around it. Finally just gave up on them. I am in a service industry and can assure you that if the shoe was on the other foot I could have spent 30 minutes on the phone ordering parts and had them on their way to me in Kentucky. I wasn’t even asking them to fix anything. Just get me the parts. Think it took 3 months
HC Dan is offline   Reply With Quote