Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Pendleton Edition
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-08-2016, 07:53 AM   #1

2016 28' Pendleton
Bend , Oregon
Pendleton wheel accent problems!

Hi all, any Pendelton owners having problems with the black wheel accents over both tires peeling away from the body? Ours were peeling off prior to our walk through. It was repaired once, twice, then three times by one dealer. Took it to another dealer who told me some metal clips were bent so they repaired it and it's been two weeks and they are starting to pull away from the body again.
Would love to hear if anybody has had similar issues and any possible fixes.
Thanks
Airspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:30 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Probably every Pendleton- we've had ours repaired twice and they're separating again. Although I really don't want to, I'm planning on using epoxy to bond the plastic to the aluminum skin. Have an appointment at Jackson Center in November so we'll see what they come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 09-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #3

2016 28' Pendleton
Bend , Oregon
Pendleton wheel accent problems

Good to hear Im not the only one, but bad that is is happening to you also. Mine has been repaired four times and in again for the same problem. The last fix was the best as they found some bent hangers that hold them up. They also put more double stick tape on, if they think that will hold they are crazy. Ive had it to two different dealers, now trying a third dealer... we will see.
Airspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
East central , Illinois
Looks like we are starting to see a small gap where the trim piece is pulling away and the sealant is separating. I just got back from taking the trailer to the dealer for other warranty issues. It would have been nice if they had checked for this issue. It sounds like it is a common problem that has been addressed at multiple dealerships. Now I need to plan another three day trip to the dealer.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:35 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Another shared quality control issue on an over $145,000 trailer.

Probably another $15 would have made for a proper installation the first time....

What a bummer for you guys.

Shame on Airstream once again.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:17 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Chesterfield , Arkansas
We took our Pendleton back to Ohio for a list of warranty issues, including a loose skirt on one side. The double-sided tape was obviously a poor design choice. Separation began almost immediately after purchase. Airstream then riveted the skirts and they are now secure and more attractive.
squirower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:34 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirower View Post
We took our Pendleton back to Ohio for a list of warranty issues, including a loose skirt on one side. The double-sided tape was obviously a poor design choice. Separation began almost immediately after purchase. Airstream then riveted the skirts and they are now secure and more attractive.

Hi - can you post a picture of the riveted wheel well treatment? Would love to see how they handled this. Thanks, Joe
jayseejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:46 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Chesterfield , Arkansas
Will give you a couple. It's absolutely snug with no need for caulking with black rivet covers. Very neat.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:50 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Chesterfield , Arkansas
For some reason, image sharing is not active with this app. This is my first time on this site. Hopefully, I'll figure it out tomorrow and post the photos.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:11 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Chesterfield , Arkansas
Had to post under new topic; proper repair of wheel skirts.