Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2017, 12:58 PM   #361
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Everything is personal choice. The Tommy Bahama version does nothing for me. But I got to tour a Pendelton live at the mothership and it's the only trailer I'd swap for! Just love it! Everyone's mileage varies. That's the beauty of life in general [emoji3]

Happy camping everyone!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:26 PM   #362
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Both special editions are lovely in their own ways, though for now we're happy standing pat with our 2014 International Signature 27FB. Nevertheless, we salute every happy buyer of each model, and promise to drool over them cheerfully whenever and wherever we see them.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:18 PM   #363
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooleshop View Post
I am almost six feet. Tough to be a troll. just an honest mistake on my part. Did not see the date.
Yup, I have been known to reply to posts that are so old, they were written in Elizabethan English. Thanks for being a good sport about my mini-rant.
2016 Pendleton #006/100 (sold)
2017 Lance 1062
2017 RAM 3500 6.7d Dually LB

If ignorance is bliss, I should be a lot happier!
SrFade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:38 PM   #364
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Hi! I’ve posted a thread, but had to comment here. There was a mention of some folks maybe not taking the Pendleton to a National Park. I bought #38, gently used. The previous owners took one trip and it was too small for their family.

We will definitely be taking it to National and State Parks. We’ve installed solar, and we just had wiring discreetly installed for HAM radio. We love it. It had the Badlands decor. The previous owners sold it with all of the bells and whistles...except the Park passes. Nothing to quibble about. It was a good deal.

Every time we are in it, we both relax. There is something about the interior that is very peaceful to us.

Andy at Holiday Travel Trailers, in Albuquerque, is brilliant! He stays up to date on all things Airstream, training, you name it. You can tell that he really enjoys Airstreams.

So...for us, the Pendleton is wonderful. We will also be taking it to Civil War battlefields.

Best wishes to ALL Airstream owners/lovers. It’s our first ever trailer, and we are enjoying becoming part of the traveling community.
Suzee8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:01 PM   #365
3 Rivet Member

1960 28' Ambassador
Libertyville , Illinois
Congratulations on your new Pendleton! I love the decor too!
Short563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:08 AM   #366
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzee8 View Post
Hi! I’ve posted a thread, but had to comment here. There was a mention of some folks maybe not taking the Pendleton to a National Park. I bought #38, gently used. The previous owners took one trip and it was too small for their family.

We will definitely be taking it to National and State Parks. We’ve installed solar, and we just had wiring discreetly installed for HAM radio. We love it. It had the Badlands decor. The previous owners sold it with all of the bells and whistles...except the Park passes. Nothing to quibble about. It was a good deal.

Every time we are in it, we both relax. There is something about the interior that is very peaceful to us.

Andy at Holiday Travel Trailers, in Albuquerque, is brilliant! He stays up to date on all things Airstream, training, you name it. You can tell that he really enjoys Airstreams.

So...for us, the Pendleton is wonderful. We will also be taking it to Civil War battlefields.

Best wishes to ALL Airstream owners/lovers. It’s our first ever trailer, and we are enjoying becoming part of the traveling community.
Congrats on your Pendleton. We recently moved to Santa Fe from Austin TX so our travels were a bit limited this year. Have not been to as many National Parks as we'd like, but once settled in we'll be able to spend more time on the road. We just returned from Alumalina, in Cleveland, SC. Went to surprise some friends who we knew would be there. It's gotten to be a pretty big event with 168 Airstream rigs this year and over 300 people. Saturday was open house day but it rained like mad all day. It didn't stop a number of couples from knocking on our door or ringing the doorbell and saying "Would you mind showing us your Pendleton?" over the 5 days we were there.

That being said, it was the largest rally we've been to so far. I'm not a huge fan of the "pack 'em in" style of rallies but it was fun and the RV park has a huge pavilion so it did accommodate the large crowd. Saturday night was a real southern fish fry that was fabulous. Fish, shrimp, french fries and of course hush puppies. Plus all of the fixings. The organizers and sponsors do an amazing job. We're all signed up for the International Rally in Oregon next summer so that should be fun.

We went to the Ballon Fiesta this year, and hope to make it to that rally next fall. It was amazing to be right in the middle of the launch field during Mass Ascension. Quite a sight.

Enjoy your #38 and look for #62 in your travels.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:24 AM   #367
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Will do MarkFinATX! Hope to see you out there, too! We're headed up to Alumapalooza in May. Definitely look into the other gatherings.

Does anyone else out there have a problem with getting the Pendleton "dirty"? I realize it is probably all psychological. Part of me says "Use It!" The smaller percentage says "Don't ruin it! It's a special edition!' ARGH! It's driving me nuts! I know it's sturdy and scrubbable, etc.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:32 AM   #368
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Bandon , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew T View Post
When we first saw the Pendleton we thought the modern flat screen TV looked just a little out of place on the map wall. So we removed it and changed the wall to eliminate all the holes. Then the problem was where to put a TV.

Solution was to make the wedge cushion just behind the door into an upholstered cabinet and install a power lift TV. This got us a 32" TV instead of the stock 28". When you are not watching it you can make it disappear with the push of a button.

Andrew T
Andrew,

A very clever mod, great use of space. Can the TV be rotated, even a little bit, when raised for viewing, or does the lift mechanism prevent that?

Rick
RicknTrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:28 PM   #369
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
East central , Illinois
Suzee8

Go and get it dirty. We were out for 3 weeks straight last summer and had to store our two fishing kayaks in it when we went to our son’s wedding in Durham NC. Parked it right on the street outside the hotel. My husband joked that it will probably the one and only time he has to parallel part the trailer!
The trailer cleans easily. Just enjoy it!
We are getting the cushions in the dinette refilled as they seemed to collapse and become uncomfortable when sitting a while to watch tv. Wish the dinette table was a little smaller. Sure there are small things we are thinking about changing but we love the cabin feel and national park decor.
We don’t regret our purchase of the Pendelton edition at all!
GinaNBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:19 AM   #370
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Rick...you mentioned the Pendleton, but have Tommy Bahama on your signature? Do you have both?
Old 02-19-2018, 11:44 PM   #371
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Bandon , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzee8 View Post
Rick...you mentioned the Pendleton, but have Tommy Bahama on your signature? Do you have both?
Just have the TB - actually, it's on order, will get it in early April. But asked because maybe sometime in the future, might consider this same TV modification for the TB - it appears that the wedge cushion configuration is the same, so it should work (well, you can have just about anything done for a price). Have already talked to Ultimate Airstream in Oregon about it. Their rep and I were curious as to whether or not the retractable TV was able to rotate at all when in the Up position. I'm guessing "No", but it was worth asking. In any event, he thought it was a brilliant modification, considering that the normal TV wall placement is in a somewhat awkward (and distant, for a 28" screen) position.

Rick
Old 11-04-2018, 06:11 PM   #372
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Bozeman , Montana
Pendleton #14 found a new home

Have really enjoyed reading through this Pendleton thread. Am relatively new to AIRForums, but have learned a lot from so many sharing their insights and experiences. My wife and I are experienced TT and 5-er owners, but this is our first AS. We're very excited to have purchased a very gently used Pendleton #14 and are looking forward to lots of great adventures across North America! Hope to see many of you in our beautiful National and State Parks and maybe even a few rallies in the coming years!
2Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:20 AM   #373
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Albuquerque , New Mexico
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

May your travels be adventurous & safe; fun, yet practical. Totally eclectic!

Our “Paddy” is in for repair since early July. Our appointment is/was for October 17th. They were just beginning, then. While we were in Maine, it sprung a leak. So we called Airstream, dropped everything and headed for Ohio.

On our way out of the campground, a pine tree really didn’t want us to leave, and gave us a silent hug. We didn’t discover the damage until we were 3 hours down the road at a rest stop. Awning, 2 small panels, and one large long panel. Hub is still upset that damage was done when he was driving. We pulled out so slow, that we never knew. And you could not see damage in the side mirrors. It can happen to anyone.

We told Airstream to take it to as original pristine condition as they can. So, we wait to hear. It’s just the two of us now, as our elderly chihuahua died in July. So, traveling will be different, and with a bit more freedom.

Congratulations again, and happy traveling!

P.S. Gina & Bob. We got him dirty...and more. Ouch!
Old 11-05-2018, 08:21 AM   #374
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Rick...how do you like your TB?
Old 11-05-2018, 08:44 AM   #375
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
East central , Illinois
Sorry to hear about the tree hug. We almost had similar thing happen. We now prescreen campsites for low hanging and dead branches. Why worry that a stong wind or storm will cause trouble on our vacation?
We really haven’t had many issues with the trailer but have had the batteries replaced once as they boiled over and now looks like it happened again. Found problem just before putting it into storage. Now looking at battery upgrade for next year. We did redo the cushions with commercial grade foam and is much more comfortable to sit around the table. Now thinking of smaller table and how to get a recliner it it.
New pup this year and are carrying kennel in the aisle when camped. Still too young not to kennel at night or when were out for a while. He’s a lab and growing! Well will see this next season.
Love the Pendelton. Would recommend to all. We haven’t seen any others while camping yet.
Camp on!
Gina
GinaNBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:35 PM   #376
1 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Tolland , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicknTrish View Post
Just have the TB - actually, it's on order, will get it in early April. But asked because maybe sometime in the future, might consider this same TV modification for the TB - it appears that the wedge cushion configuration is the same, so it should work (well, you can have just about anything done for a price). Have already talked to Ultimate Airstream in Oregon about it. Their rep and I were curious as to whether or not the retractable TV was able to rotate at all when in the Up position. I'm guessing "No", but it was worth asking. In any event, he thought it was a brilliant modification, considering that the normal TV wall placement is in a somewhat awkward (and distant, for a 28" screen) position.

Rick
You state that you'll receive it in April? Can I ask when you ordered it? I ordered an airstream in early Nov. 2019. And I won't receive mine until July maybe August.
Lora0852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:03 AM   #377
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Bandon , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lora0852 View Post
You state that you'll receive it in April? Can I ask when you ordered it? I ordered an airstream in early Nov. 2019. And I won't receive mine until July maybe August.
Lora0852, you've posted on a pretty old thread, and your post is confusing to me (but that could be me...). Please clarify why you're asking me now about a TB I took possession of in April 2018....??
Old 04-09-2021, 05:51 AM   #378
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lora0852 View Post
Welcome to the forum!

As Rick just mentioned, this thread is over 2 years old. I assume you were asking about Airstream delivery times in general? The following recent threads may be helpful for feedback on that more general issue IMO:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f35...er-216527.html
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f24...ys-218647.html
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f54...er-219231.html

Was your order really placed in November 2019, or was it possibly this last November of 2020?

Good luck.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote