Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Pendleton Edition
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-11-2016, 05:18 PM   #161
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We loved the feel of the interior, it all worked together beautifully. Never felt this comfortable with an Airstream's interior design before, and she adored it.

The pricing was interesting. We priced a new Classic with our trade some weeks ago, and this week the Pendleton with our trade at the same dealer. It would cost us more to buy the Pendleton than the Classic. I don't know if there was a major shift in used Airstream valuations. Or if some dealers are convinced they can get far more than MSRP, the difference in trade-in offers.

Actually our trailer is a great Airstream and near perfect for our travels, it's always fun to look. Forget looking at the awful brochure, go see one. It's a treat for the eyes, you won't want to leave.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:23 PM   #162
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
HELL YES!!!!! 😃

Really - I'm not trading in my trailer. But if I were buying today, I'd pay asking price and never look back.

Now to purchase some Pendleton blankets. 😃
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:12 PM   #163
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
just did some catch-up reading on this thread...

noticed electric stabilizers as one of the upgrades

I don't know WHY I dislike the hand crank stabilizers so much. Perhaps because to keep them working smoothly and easily I have to clean and re-lube them 4 times a year? Truth is unless I arrive at my destination well rested and ready to frolic, they're kinda the last step that I can easily skip until "later" and if it's an overnight stay "later" never happens.
I converted my hand crank stabilizers to electric for about $5 dollars. Bought a 3/4 inch socket made to fit into a cordless drill. I keep it charged in the Airstream. Takes about 5 seconds per stabilizer.
kscherzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #164
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminitus View Post
I am a full-timer and now work in the Airstream department of LazyDays RV! Woo! The first of our Pendletons arrived so I put together this video. Enjoy!

Nice job, Laura. Glad to see you're still at LD and it looks like you're really thriving with the Airstreams!
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:21 PM   #165
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Lorton , Virginia
We agonized for a week over getting the Pendleton or a new 30 Classic. (Saw a Pendleton and a Classic in person) We are getting it for full time, so this is some of the pro's vs con's for us:

Size: The 30 Classic has more living area (especially with recliners). The Pendleton smaller but easier for tighter campgrounds.

Bedroom and door layout: Prefer the front bedroom and rear door of the Pendleton over the rear bedroom and front door of the Classic.

Storage: Really no contest here, the Classic has far more storage.

Dual AC: Wash.

Cabinetry: Basically a wash. Love the rustic wood of the Pendleton but also love the rich wood in the Classic. We were a bit afraid the wood/western theme may tire after a while if you are full timing.

Hatch: Obvious win for the Pendleton seeing as the Classic doesn't have one. One of the main features drawing us to it. Be able to back up to the scenic areas and just pop open the hatch.

Consumables: Classic has larger LP, refrigerator, furnace and fresh water tanks. Win Pendleton for boon-docking.

Countertops: I LOVE the Pendleton's kitchen Corian countertops, but was really disappointed with the laminate bathroom, dinette and night stand counter tops. If they spent that little extra to do those with the same Corian as the Kitchen, it would have been a whole 'nother ball game for us.

Queen vs Twin Beds: Being able to get twin beds in the classic (both powered) and it's associated "visual lengthening" of the the trailer and more storage was a big plus.

Attention: We are a bit low-key type people, and felt the Classic would blend in more. I would expect quite a few people would want to check out the Pendleton at parks. Nothing wrong with that for some people.

Room feel: The classic's "living" and "dining" area's are a bit separate unlike the Pendleton, some may like that and others not.

Bathroom: Hands down the Classic. One area the Pendleton felt a bit cheap.

Shades: Pendleton has regular side pull curtains, Classic has two way full blackout shades for those of us that like to sleep in the pitch dark.

It was a hard decision! I think if we weren't going to full time, we would have gone with the Pendleton. Since I could get a new Classic for the same price, it made more sense for full timing.

You can't go wrong with either!
Zybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:20 PM   #166
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We also compared Classic and Pendleton recently considering our extensive travel, preferred tow vehicle, ease of parking and fueling the combo, and the sense of travel and adventure while camped in America's most natural places. Between these two value went beyond bang for the buck, it was an easy choice.

Less is more.

However we aren't ready for a new Airstream yet, but I hope they continue to lead the RV industry with design efforts as wonderful as either of these models to keep tempting us.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:29 PM   #167
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
I really appreciated the video. Some great features.

Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:05 PM   #168
Rivet Master

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminitus View Post
I am a full-timer and now work in the Airstream department of LazyDays RV! Woo! The first of our Pendletons arrived so I put together this video. Enjoy!

Laura, congratulations on getting to work with something you obviously love and nice job with the video showing off the Pendleton. Two things I saw concern me, when you lifted the counter extension into place, the mounting block that supports it pulls away from the cabinet and when you open the oven door did they really leave the constructing/assembly directions penciled on the face frame to the left of it. Unfortunately it seems the Pendleton price doesn't warrant a higher level of QC. I hope those who have put down their hard earned money on one do a thorough PDI.
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #169
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNH View Post
Laura, congratulations on getting to work with something you obviously love and nice job with the video showing off the Pendleton. Two things I saw concern me, when you lifted the counter extension into place, the mounting block that supports it pulls away from the cabinet and when you open the oven door did they really leave the constructing/assembly directions penciled on the face frame to the left of it. Unfortunately it seems the Pendleton price doesn't warrant a higher level of QC. I hope those who have put down their hard earned money on one do a thorough PDI.
Very observant, Randy. I did not notice the oven markings but did notice the way that counter extension was mounted since I saw the "stacked block" technique for offsetting the brackets in our Pendleton as well. It seemed like an amateur approach - kind of a grade school carpentry solution. The doubled-up blocks in ours also flex/pull away from the base cabinet very slightly when pulling up on the extension.
Will certainly be noted on Delivery Day inspection.
SrFade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:48 PM   #170
4 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Tucson , Arizona
Yes, that mounting for the countertop extension does flex and there is probably a better way that could be done, but I think that the doorbell noise box is mounted under that and Airstream had to make enough room for it under there by adding those blocks.
aluminitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:20 PM   #171
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
In case anybody missed it, there's a nice article on the Pendleton model in the latest edition of Airstream Life (Spring 2016).

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:41 PM   #172
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Bloomsbury , New Jersey
nice

If I had the coin, I would buy one for sure! Does anyone know what stove/oven brand and model that is?
moparjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:18 PM   #173
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparjohn View Post
If I had the coin, I would buy one for sure! Does anyone know what stove/oven brand and model that is?
Pretty sure it's the Dometic:

http://www.dometic.com/USA/MS-7207-R...ss-Steel-Range
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 05:15 PM   #174
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120 View Post
Correct. That's what is in ours. However, I have seen at least one video that showed a convection/microwave in place of the oven. Wasn't offered to us as an option but we wouldn't have wanted it anyway given we generally aren't in campgrounds with hook-ups.
2016 Pendleton #006/100 (sold)
2017 Lance 1062
2017 RAM 3500 6.7d Dually LB

If ignorance is bliss, I should be a lot happier!
Old 02-20-2016, 07:56 PM   #175
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrFade View Post
Correct. That's what is in ours. However, I have seen at least one video that showed a convection/microwave in place of the oven. Wasn't offered to us as an option but we wouldn't have wanted it anyway given we generally aren't in campgrounds with hook-ups.
How do you like it? I've not heard any reports on the unit. My old Magic Chef performed flawlessly, so I'm always interested in hearing how the new ranges perform.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:40 PM   #176
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120 View Post
How do you like it? I've not heard any reports on the unit. My old Magic Chef performed flawlessly, so I'm always interested in hearing how the new ranges perform.
Well, haven't had a chance to use it yet. Still inside a fully winterized Pendleton. Probably won't get the unit out for its first trial run for another couple of months. My understanding is that it is the same unit being installed in the Classics. If that's true then probably some good feedback in the Classic owner thread.
2017 Lance 1062

Old 02-20-2016, 09:11 PM   #177
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrFade View Post
found the video I was remembering. Cuisinart convection/microwave was installed in lieu of the propane oven. Can't tell if dealer or factory installation but I don't think it was listed in the literature as one of the few factory options.

2017 Lance 1062

Old 02-20-2016, 09:28 PM   #178
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
We used the Dometic oven in the 23Dat a rally last weekend. I spent an entire hour chasing the temperature while watching a digital thermometer. The Classic oven has the same insides, only the bifold lid looks different.

Not too wonderful as a cooking device! Makes a good bread storage box when not in use.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:36 PM   #179
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Seems I'll be sticking with vintage for reliability then!
Old 02-20-2016, 09:59 PM   #180
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Well we bit. Went to look at a Pendleton today at Vogt RV and were blown away. This is what we have always wanted a camping trailer to look like! Rustic but comfortable and what a great floor plan! The rear hatch is the bomb!! Love love love the interior details and color choices. Unless you don't like the outdoors this look will always appeal.

So we got the last of three they have coming. The one they have on lot is sold and due to deliver in a couple of days. They have one coming in March that is still available and then the last one is coming in April which we put our name on today. Ours is #99 of 100. Should be here end of April.

Ours has the power awning option, Convection M/W option and Backup Camera option. MSRP $120,695. We paid $114,660 which is 5% off MSRP. Is it worth that much? It is to us!

If you want a Pendleton you better hurry. Most dealers only get 2 or 3 and many of those are spoken for. Vogt had one left as of today when we left. Ask for Anthony Miller. Great guy and will get you a great deal.

100 sure doesn't seem like many for a limited edition but I guess they are building 1 for each year so 100 total. They are rare now and will be more rare once they get distributed to owners. We will have #99! If you see us in the great outdoors come by and say Hi!!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote