Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Pendleton Edition
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2016, 10:08 PM   #141
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Love the detailed feature list, thanks. Would also love to have one, but we'll make do with in our 2014 International Signature 27 FB for now.

Congrats to the 100 lucky folks out there who will get into a Pendleton this year! Here's hoping the model's success leads to incorporation of some of these features in future model years.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:39 AM   #142
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
London , Ontario
There are lots of people that would love to be "making due" with a 2014 International.

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions."
Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot
Andrew T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:57 AM   #143

You're right, that was kinda tongue in cheek.

Now that we've gotten the kinks out of her, we're definitely blessed with our Rocinante.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:09 PM   #144
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
#006 of 100 just landed

And that list (thanks to Andrew for the consolidation) are some of the reasons we switched our order from a 27fb Serenity to our new Pendleton, #006. Frankly, the decor was kind of a "meh" for me but, as it turns out, much better in person than the limited images/videos on the web. Walked through it on Monday while still wrapped in travel plastic. Will take formal delivery later this month when the dealer is done fixing some travel dings and installing our solar package. Photos to come but I suspect lots of photos to be posted elsewhere as these start hitting the delivering dealers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew T View Post
That I can think of this is the list of what comes with a Pendleton that is not on an International. It does not seem like much but many of these up grades are quite expensive.

I hope this helps.

Andrew T
Rear hatch with screen
Classic Aluminum Entrance Step
Lighted grab handle
Electric stabilizers
Special awning color.
16" Michelin tires
Limited Edition / numbered badging
Speciality laminated wall map
100th anniversary Pendleton logo on screen door guards
Aluminum lp tanks with inside monitoring ability
Group 27 batteries
100th Anniversary wrap on front window guards
Door bell
Polk Audio System
Pendleton Art embroidered in sofa ultra leather
Power stabilizer jacks
Airstream logo on bumper cover
Classic stove -stainless steel
Classic sink
Classic faucet
Pendleton Art etched in sliding overhead locker doors.
1 year Pass for 2 into national parks
Corian galley top
Fitted sheets
Fitted down-lite mattress pad
2 a/c with 50 amp service standard
Airstream donating 1000 dollars for every Pendleton sold- totaling $100,000

Pendleton items --
enamel dinner set
coffee mugs
Bath towels
Hand towels
Wash clothes
National park candle
Wool blanket
National park bear
Pet bed
Eco-wise pillow shams
Log cabin pillow
Buffalo pillow
Blanket robe
Thomas Kay lambswool throw
SrFade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #145

Very excited for you, please take lots of pictures.

However - RV Dealer installing your solar package? Danger, Will Robinson. Our dealer is very good, but they did an awful job on the solar package they installed for us. We'd never go that route again. It was a 150 watt Zamp solar package, which would have been fine except that it seems they ran lots of long wires, probably too thin of a gauge. Anyway, we don't get much juice from it. Kinda wasted that money, unfortunately, would never have an RV dealer do that to/for us again.

OTOH, if you know something about solar and can keep an eye on what they're doing to ensure it's done right, you will probably be fine. We, unfortunately, knew nothing and trusted them completely to do a great job. Did not happen.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #146
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
Solar

Thanks for the warning. Actually, experienced with solar installations and have a custom 200watt system on our Lance Truck Camper. Enough knowledge to know that $2500 +/- for low wattage factory install wasn't going to cut it. Will be meeting with dealer's installation team next week to share our equipment specifications and their proposed installation details. I feel comfortable with that process but understand that without some prior research and actual experience, allowing an unmanaged dealer install could lead to disappointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Very excited for you, please take lots of pictures.

However - RV Dealer installing your solar package? Danger, Will Robinson. Our dealer is very good, but they did an awful job on the solar package they installed for us. We'd never go that route again. It was a 150 watt Zamp solar package, which would have been fine except that it seems they ran lots of long wires, probably too thin of a gauge. Anyway, we don't get much juice from it. Kinda wasted that money, unfortunately, would never have an RV dealer do that to/for us again.

OTOH, if you know something about solar and can keep an eye on what they're doing to ensure it's done right, you will probably be fine. We, unfortunately, knew nothing and trusted them completely to do a great job. Did not happen.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #147

Sounds great, best wishes for a successful install.

Be sure to have them tell you how they will run the wires and what gauge they will all be. We have a 150 Watt panel on our roof near the front of the trailer. From there a wire runs all the way down the roof to the rear where it then enters the trailer and presumably runs all the way back to the front of the trailer, where the batteries are, via the controller. We assume they are using the factory wiring inside the trailer, but don't know for sure. If we had only known what we know today, we would have prevented this from happening.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #148
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
Thanks and apology

Rocinante - Unfortunately that has become so true in many, if not most, areas of service industries. We can no longer assume that businesses and their employees will do things the "right way" vs the most expedient way - for them, anyway. As way of apology, I did not mean to suggest that you had not managed your solar install properly. Only meant to be a general comment on protecting our interests when letting others do the work - just can't be a "hands off" process anymore for the consumer. I have an aftermarket installation company lined up just in case the dealer balks at my specifications. Will share photos when complete.

Can I ask if the 150W setup has been sufficient for your needs or under what circumstances did you wish you had more wattage? Thanks again
Old 02-10-2016, 04:10 PM   #149

No apologies necessary. This is getting off topic for drooling over the Pendleton model, but I will summarize by saying that our 150 watt installation provides insufficient power, especially considering what we paid for it. At Joshua Tree in the blasting sun last March we were able to pull in something like 37 AH between sunrise and sunset. At other times, far less.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #150
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We toured a Pendleton today. Absolutely gorgeous. The brochure pictures are horrid compared to the real deal which is incredible. This laminate is deeply textured and apparently does not reflect light well for photos, in person wonderful. The mis-matched drawer grain is nothing. The front window Pendleton sheet is not visible from the interior looking out, and looks to be removable if it bothered you on the outside. We thought it was fine.

Of all the Airstreams with riveted aluminum interiors, we thought this rustic laminate was the best coordination ever done. The embossed brown Ultra leather, the two wall map laminates, the upscale range, patterned upper cabinet slides, brown rustic flooring, and Pendleton blankets and throw as well as National Park dinnerware are a really pleasant overall design.

A wonderful interior that you must experience to appreciate. If you like the interiors of historic Nat'l Park lodges, you will love this.

We actually tried to deal on it, couldn't. They'll sell them at list if they want to hold out, and they know it. The only downside for us is the dinette bench seating; that would go in favor of two brown leather recliners, upholstered with the material taken from these bench seats.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:56 PM   #151
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
I went over the Pendleton very careful spending lots of time looking for assembly defects inside and out. None, very nicely done and they haven't done the pre-delivery inspection yet. The Pendleton was shipped differently than other Airstreams; it came in on a flat bed trailer and the entire front was covered with white protective plastic, looks like shrink wrap used to cover boats.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:31 PM   #152
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
We bought #62.... we'll let you know next month. And yes, they will sell through soon if not already.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:37 PM   #153
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
That's great, Doug! Glad you got to see it live and settle the issue for yourself. Even tried to deal for one! Good on ya! 😃

I don't see us ever trading out of our trailer. I think it's ours for life (and then one of my godkid's).

I am tempted to snag a few Pendleton blankets for it though 😃
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #154
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Steve, we actually snagged two Pendleton blankets and pillow shams for ours last fall. The quality wool is nice; we were somewhat primed when this Pendleton showed up.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:19 PM   #155
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
I'll let you know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
😜. Touché!

Dammit that's funny!! 😃

What would really be funny is if trailer #62 of 100 has the laminate lined up perfectly straight - horizontally - and THAT was the manufacturing defect! 😜
Since we just purchased #62 last Saturday, Feb. 6, being built and delivered in March, I guess I'll have a chance to personally examine all of the points in this thread. Soon.

Allotment from AS is determined by the dealerships rank in total sales. So the top dealership received National Park Service 100 year anniversary/Pendleton number 01. Next highest in sales #2 and so on. There are approximately 40 or so dealerships that sell travel trailers, so everyone has at least two. The top 20 or so will get three. We bought number 3 of 3 and there were a number of showings scheduled for later that day. No doubt that this is a popular trailer and is most likely already sold through.

If a dealer is asking over list, shame on them. I wouldn't play that game, as the price premium was substantial to say the least. But I am excited about the Pendleton design for a number of reasons. Not the least of which is that I just love woven wool. Grew up in a small town that operated a woolen mill and thus grew up with the Fairbo Woolens stadium blanket, own a vintage Hudson's Bay "Four Point" blanket, have a limited edition Pendleton throw and wear a Filson Double Mackinaw Cruiser. You could say that this trailer was designed for me!!!!
Old 02-10-2016, 08:31 PM   #156
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Well congrats MarkFinAtx.

Of course I picked #62 at random - but I feel like I know you now 😃

That was when Doug and I were, uhm...seeing the intention of the design differently - and apparently he's making offers on them now 😃

Do tell us though if they screwed up and lined up your laminate in an orderly fashion!

And seriously - enjoy the hell out of it! Great trailer!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #157
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Steve, a few of us think he misalignment of the laminate still wrong, no doubt about that. And the photography we all have seen makes it worse. The point is the overall design is so good it doesn't matter. You have to experience it to appreciate it.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:18 AM   #158
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
short hijack, or alamand left

just did some catch-up reading on this thread...

noticed electric stabilizers as one of the upgrades

I don't know WHY I dislike the hand crank stabilizers so much. Perhaps because to keep them working smoothly and easily I have to clean and re-lube them 4 times a year? Truth is unless I arrive at my destination well rested and ready to frolic, they're kinda the last step that I can easily skip until "later" and if it's an overnight stay "later" never happens. Occasionally if its a 3 day stay "later" never happens.

Hm. Believe I'll call OODM and see how major the damage would be for the upgrade.

Paula
Old 02-11-2016, 03:58 PM   #159
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
Steve, a few of us think he misalignment of the laminate still wrong, no doubt about that. And the photography we all have seen makes it worse. The point is the overall design is so good it doesn't matter. You have to experience it to appreciate it.
I have to agree with dkottum on the "experience it to appreciate it" assessment. We are very pleased with the overall design impact, and as head of an architectural design department, I wasn't sure I would warm up to the kind of cliché "woodsy cabin" execution before we saw it this week. (Actually, the misalignment of the vertical pattern is not as disruptive to my eye as the mixture of horizontal and vertical orientations in the base and drawer components.) Regardless, the laminate is richly textured, semi-matte in reflectivity and uses a good warm color structure. After all, let's face it, it's fake wood, looks like fake wood and I expect it to perform like fake wood by being a lot easier to maintain, as a laminate should be. I can live with that compromise in my trailer. The mash-up of textures and finishes - faux wood, ultra-leather, exposed sleek aluminum skin with rivets on full display, traditional wool accents, panoramic glass, stainless steel, internally illuminated cabinets, etc. feel like a wonderful compromise, at least for us, between the dark interior Airstreams of the past and the Christopher Deam era Airstreams which we also love. Looking forward to driving it off the lot on the 24th.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #160
4 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Tucson , Arizona
I am a full-timer and now work in the Airstream department of LazyDays RV! Woo! The first of our Pendletons arrived so I put together this video. Enjoy!

aluminitus is offline   Reply With Quote