Old 05-31-2016, 09:31 PM   #295
Silver Coop

2016 28' Pendleton
Glenwood , Iowa
Smile

We are excited to join the Pendleton family, bringing home #82 from Springfield, MO to Iowa last Saturday. Obviously there are many great features but our favorites are the rear hatch and awning colors. We are anxious to spend more time out camping.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:48 PM   #296
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Saint Robert , Missouri
Congrats to all of you on your spectacular Airstreams. See ya at the campground.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:49 PM   #297
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
London , Ontario
Congratulations! We fell in love with the Pendleton also and are bringing home #79 in 3 weeks! Can't wait to hit the road with it!!
I hope to cross paths with some other Pendleton owners in the years ahead - maybe we'll see you out there somewhere
Safe travels
Old 06-04-2016, 02:35 AM   #298
2 Rivet Member

Milford Center , Ohio
My spouse and I got to visit Alumapalooza today. With only 100 Pendletons nationwide, I didn't expect to see any there, but there were 4! That's a pretty good showing.

One of the lucky owners was kind enough to give us a tour, and I must say that the Pendleton looks outstanding. As many others have said in this thread, the pictures don't do it justice. I didn't think that I'd like the woodgrain, but in person it looks terrific. The combination of the flooring, the cabinetry, the fabrics, etc. works really well.

There was at least one Eddie Bauer trailer there as well, and though the owner didn't offer to let us look inside, from our brief peek as we walked by we both thought that we liked the Pendleton a lot better.

I really hope that Airstream continues the Eddie Bauer / Pendleton arrangement with a new sponsor over the next few years.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:44 PM   #299

2016 28' Pendleton
Calgary , Alberta
Accessories and parts

Hi guys.

We are expecting to take delivery of our new Pendleton later this month. This is our first Airstream, and first RV.
We would really appreciate it if someone could let us know what additional parts and accessories we will need to purchase.
For example hosepipes? Barbecue? Wooden blocks/chocks?

We're novices so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old 06-06-2016, 04:12 PM   #300
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Suffolk , Virginia
Congrat's!! Glad to have you on board!!
Old 06-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #301
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Suffolk , Virginia
Very cool and so jealous!!!
Old 06-07-2016, 04:32 AM   #302
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Austin , Texas
The list is pretty long... I'd get together with some local members of the WBCCI chapter and pick the brains of some oldtimers.
Basics:Sewer hose w/ fittings
fresh water hose & in-line water filter
surge protector (not an absolute necessity but good to have)
tank additive for the toilet (we use Digest-It) + RV toilet paper
coax cable, 25 ft. or so, for parks that have cable
wheel chocks or a kit with an assortment of pads and leveling blocks
bottle jack or if your tow vehicle has a scissors jack you could use that- know where the jack points are before setting out on your first trip
small tool kit
spare fuses for the 12V power panel
flashlights- one for each of you
Barbeque? lots of opinions out here in the forum. We travel with a gas grill and a small charcoal grill. Someone recommended a nice looking grill called the Volcano
We put a suction grab bar in the shower of our Pendleton, #62. The seat is a bit low.

Have Fun!!! Make sure you take a shakedown trip or two... there's always something. Hooking up to 50 amp service lets you run both AC units so you can test them and get familiar with the Dometic Thermostat. Switch on the heat to make sure it's working properly. If you have Sirius/XM in your car or truck or at home definitely activate it in the AS.
We found the 3M hooks to be a great addition in the kitchen and bath.
Check your tire pressure often and do torque the lug nuts frequently. I check my tires and wheels before each trip and travel with a torque wrench.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #303
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
East central , Illinois
Hello everyone. We are the proud owners of Pendelton #81. Brought her home yesterday after orientation and a long drive. Stopped a few times to adjust the blue ox chain, eat dinner, and try to get the rear camera to work ( never did get it to work). Left it parked on the street last night as hubby was too tired to try and put it in the driveway. He did just great this am on the first try. Suggestion of walkie talkies really was better than yelling at each other ��! Got the camera to work today. Who knew you had to have your parking lights on for it to work! In all fairness it does say this in the directions, but no one ever focused on that at the dealership. Just an FYI to those who also may be having a problem.
Well hope to see you on the road. Gina.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:00 PM   #304
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Cybertron , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaNBob View Post
Hello everyone. We are the proud owners of Pendelton #81.
You must have been parked to #30 at the dealer! I hope to have it delivered is week as my original tow vehicle didn't work out and am going to wait for a 2017 F-2/350.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:06 PM   #305
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
East central , Illinois
Yes Ambot. We saw yours too. Looks great. We had some bubbles in the front window decals and showed them that there weren't any on yours so they are ordering a new set for us. Also had a big scratch on rear bumper so new one is also in order. No white spots on hickory paneling or floor but had a couple of minor cabinet adjustments that we were fixed quickly and well. Hope you get Keith for your run thru, he was great to us.
See you on the road.
Gina
Old 06-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #306
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
2016 Airstream Pendleton Special Edition

I'd get a properly rated floor jack for the AS. (As in WAY overkill) A TV cheap crap scissor jack cannot be trusted. It's only designed for lifting a TV on solid ground. And even that is risky.

The AS is too heavy for a cheap jack and no jack stands. Don't risk your life....and never go under any vehicle supported by a jack alone. Crush injuries are no fun...I've lost a few foolish friends that way. 😭

And by the way, concrete blocks are NOT jack stands, ever.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #307
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Austin , Texas
Pendleton owners wanted!!!

Hello fellow Pendleton owners

Is there a better way to create a subset or create some type of group? Maybe this thread is the best approach. Circulating a signup sheet might be nice too.

What I need some help with at this point is to see if any other Pendleton's were delivered out with defective hickory veneer. Little white dots all over the walls, doors, and drawer fronts. Not just a few, but dozens and dozens of them throughout the entire trailer. What really blows me away is the response from the Service Manager at our dealership:

"I spoke with Airstream today and they did an investigation and determined that the white spots are normal as part of the lamination process and are not a defect."

Wha....? We reported this first to our salesperson. No response. Then a service technician. No response. Next I had someone from the service department look at the problem and they took numerous photos. Guess what? No response from anyone at the dealership or Airstream.

The above was contained in an email from the service manager, after i finally made an inquiry directly to him. White spots in the laminate come from foreign matter when the substrate is extruded into a very thin sheet that is then bonded to a base material. Nothing about this is normal!!!

Any others have this problem?
Any comments will be welcome.

Mark and Sheryl
Pendleton #62
Old 06-14-2016, 08:53 AM   #308
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Since the majority of the Pendletons do not have this white dot problem, it is not "normal". The factory has a warranty obligation (especially at around $125,000) to replace the offending cabinetry. While it would be a very small class, all those with this issue should band together as a group to get this resolved.

Poor craftsmanship abounds at Airstream.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote