Old 04-12-2016, 01:14 AM   #253
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Sad to see #74 at the mothership in a sad state among other trailers lined up for repair. Did anyone here have 74? Can't tell if it was damaged at the factory, on the way to a dealer, at the dealer or post-sale but the cling wrap is still on the stone guards. Don't know how that cap damage could have happened.

Attachment 260491Attachment 260492
Ouch!!! Ours, #62, was delivered to Buda TX on a low flatbed trailer. Somebody must have hit a bridge. What a bummer.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:35 AM   #254
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Pendleton damage?

It's always a guess,

but notice that the propane bottles are aluminum, not steel. I know that when they're delivered to dealers the propane cover is inside the unit, and it is installed at the dealership, so it doesn't get dinged before the owner gets it.

I wonder if they're actually shipped with propane bottles on them? The tongue weight would be lower, the bottles and propane would cost about the same wherever they're delivered to, and pragmatically, lack of heat would keep the driver from sleeping IN the trailer and getting grease, dirt or tobacco smell inside.

As far as I know even the Classics get steel bottles - anything in the description that says the Pendleton gets Aluminum? If not, it's an owner upgrade. (I myself should think about going to aluminum bottles simply because even if they are only 7 lbs lighter than the steel ones, my aching shoulder joints would appreciate the help.)

To me the damage on the roof suggests that a fiberglass light pole fell on it - and not one that the driver of the tow vehicle HIT either. I'd guess a windstorm damaged it, or another vehicle hit it and it fell into this Airstream. The caved in area is too smooth and straight be caused by a tree, and it doesn't have a lot of scratching on the clear coat that might indicate someone went under a low branch or roof line. We've had some KILLER high this spring. Fiberglass light poles will eventually fail from wind swaying them - especially when the top part starts moving in a circular pattern.

Paula

Old 04-12-2016, 07:00 AM   #255
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
The aluminum bottles come standard on the Pendleton, per the window sticker of the unit I saw at Sanders RV. Joe
Old 04-12-2016, 08:27 AM   #256

2016 28' Pendleton
Riverview , Florida
Mine has aluminum bottles. Would be interested to know the weight difference.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:46 AM   #257
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
The aluminum 40 pound propane tanks on our Classic supposedly weigh the same as the 30 pound steel tanks on our 23D when both sized tanks are full.

Either one is now a load for me to carry very far. Nuts to getting older!

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #258
TahoeStream'n

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
I bought some stuff needed at Airstream of Los Angeles today Tuesday and saw #8 there. Very nice they also had 6 or so Classics
Old 04-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #259
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Some good news - the Pendleton I mentioned (#74) is in the service bay. They're replacing the damaged end cap and I think another panel.

When I asked what happened I was told it happened in transit so it left the factory but never made it to the dealer.

I asked if I could take a look.

W O W!!!!!!

This is a breathtakingly beautiful trailer!!! Basically a 27FB Eddie Bauer with a dynamite gorgeous interior. The pictures suck compared to what this looks and feels like inside. You know the floors are vinyl and the cabinets are laminated - but it feels like you're in a log cabin (and the materials will handle life in the road and in campgrounds). And the ducted AC eliminates that big unit in the center of the trailer and feels really roomy. Thankfully, I was able to restrain my drool reflex 😀

Really really gorgeous!! You 100 who are getting these are SO FORTUNATE!!!!! Very happy for you!
Old 04-21-2016, 10:25 PM   #260

2016 28' Pendleton
Meriden , New Hampshire
Picking up #47!

We were blown away by the quality of the finish, look, and feel of the Pendleton. You MUST get in it to really appreciate it. Picking up #47 after solar panels are installed. Then, Yellowstone and points West this summer. Hope to stay in touch with other Pendletons while we're on the road!
Old 04-22-2016, 01:13 AM   #261
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Austin , Texas
Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet Ted View Post
We were blown away by the quality of the finish, look, and feel of the Pendleton. You MUST get in it to really appreciate it. Picking up #47 after solar panels are installed. Then, Yellowstone and points West this summer. Hope to stay in touch with other Pendletons while we're on the road!
Have fun. We're finally getting #62 out for a shakedown cruise this weekend. Heading down to the TX coast and back. Enjoy.
Mark
Old 04-22-2016, 11:06 PM   #262
BicycleStreamers

2016 28' Pendleton
Buxton , Oregon
Welcome #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet Ted View Post
Enjoy Rivet Ted! Please send photo's when you get a minute. Have a great time in Yellowstone and let us know how the shake down cruise goes.

a.k.a ... BicycleStreamers

"Don't forget, be excellent to each other!" Bill or Ted
BicycleStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #263
4 Rivet Member

2015 23' Flying Cloud
Livermore , California
Does David still do these custom door guards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
As we understand it, all Airstreams hold their value to a greater degree than any given SOB. That said, you'll see significant depreciation in the first two years. OTOH, if it's a limited collector's edition such as the Pendleton, it may be possible that it would hold value better than a given standard model. The David Winick Bambis are a good example. The Victorinox edition might be another. Airstreams with slides might be a third.

BTW, if you want a handsome custom door guard for your Airstream, David can do that, too. http://www.vintagetrailering.com/acc...nd%20stuff.htm

We love the one he made for us.

Oh, and this is interesting. David can get new empty shells from Airstream and then fill them with whatever you want. Tempting, tempting.... http://www.vintagetrailering.com/cur...0projects.html
Old 04-23-2016, 01:51 PM   #264
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
His website indicates that you can order them, so I'd guess, "Yes." Best way to find out for sure is to place an order.

Here's what ours looks like: http://www.casarocinante.com/Blog-As...te/i-pMvrqTJ/A

Rocinante is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #265
4 Rivet Member

2015 23' Flying Cloud
Livermore , California
His email bounces back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
His website indicates that you can order them, so I'd guess, "Yes." Best way to find out for sure is to place an order.

Here's what ours looks like: http://www.casarocinante.com/Blog-As...te/i-pMvrqTJ/A
Old 04-23-2016, 03:35 PM   #266
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Sent you a PM with the email he used in 9/2014 when he communicated with us about our order. Maybe that one will work. If he's cool with you sharing that email or a better one publicly here on the forum, feel free to post that after he says, "Go for it."

Rocinante is online now   Reply With Quote