Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Pendleton Edition
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-08-2016, 08:28 PM   #321
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleStream View Post
Glad you wrote 006! Happy to hear you're enjoying your new Pendleton. We've had ours out in cold weather but not freezing temps. Our 320a solar installed by the dealer is working well.
By the way, I finally received my NP pass in today's mail. Has everyone else received theirs?
BicycleStream - Yes, received our NP Pass this week. Also received, a month or so ago, a "Certificate of Authenticity" for the Pendleton. Interesting. As for your solar, are they conventional framed panels?
2016 Pendleton #006/100 (sold)
2017 Lance 1062
2017 RAM 3500 6.7d Dually LB

If ignorance is bliss, I should be a lot happier!
SrFade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:30 PM   #322
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Cybertron , Illinois
Our NP pass came today, didn't know about the Cert, thanks I'll be on the lookout!
Ambot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:38 PM   #323
BicycleStreamers

2016 28' Pendleton
Buxton , Oregon
We had 4 80w panels installed by the dealer. They said 100w panels wouldn't fit and 320w total was good for our system.
I'll check on certificate. Thanks for the heads up.
Jay

"Don't forget, be excellent to each other!" Bill or Ted
BicycleStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #324
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
East central , Illinois
Ambot. Interesting that you received your national park pass yesterday and we picked up our airstream before you. Glad your white spots are gone. We are still waiting for our new bumper ( original had large gouge in it) and two new window films for the front windows as the original ones were full of air bubbles. Not very impressed with this dealership and our opinion continues to decrease.
GinaNBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:46 PM   #325
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaNBob View Post
Not very impressed with this dealership and our opinion continues to decrease.
If you aren't already talking with the service manager (vs. the service writer) and maybe the sales manager, it might be time to start working your way up that chain. If yours is part of a group of AS dealerships, maybe work you way up that chain too. A call to Airstream to let them know you aren't happy and why is can also be a good idea.

Constructive, productive complaining got us all kinds of help with the warranty service on our Airstream, after a rather bumpy start. Complaining is an art, not a science.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:26 PM   #326
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Cybertron , Illinois
Quote:
Ambot. Interesting that you received your national park pass yesterday and we picked up our airstream before you. Glad your white spots are gone. We are still waiting for our new bumper ( original had large gouge in it) and two new window films for the front windows as the original ones were full of air bubbles. Not very impressed with this dealership and our opinion continues to decrease.

We took delivery after you but I believe we completed the purchase the end of April.
Ambot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:16 AM   #327

2016 28' Pendleton
Meriden , New Hampshire
Just starting our cross-continent maiden voyage in #47, New Hampshire to Yellowstone, through Ontario back down in the UP of Michigan, stopping to see our son in Wisconsin and our daughter in Denver on the way. Hoping to see seven NP's on the trip. Parks pass came in the mail the day we left...Yes! Our seven year old yellow lab and the two of us two-leggers are so comfortable in the Pendleton. If you're in a NP this month, let us know so we can share a cup of coffee and stories!
Rivet Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #328

2016 28' Pendleton
Calgary , Alberta
We've given out #090 Pendleton a bit of a workout over the last few weeks.
First on the southern forestry trunk road in Alberta, then to Glacier NP and Flathead NF in Montana.

We had a few issues in the unpaved, gravel roads, that we've now fixed:
- The catch on the microwave drawer wasn't installed correctly, leading to the microwave jumping out of the cupboard. Luckily, it fell onto the conveniently / randomly placed dog bed (minus dog). We fixed the drawer / catch and decided to remove the microwave, as we rarely use those things anyway, and could use the extra space. Instead we built a wooden frame in the gap, and now use it to store groceries etc.
- Dust. So much dust, after travelling on backcountry roads. We initially thought this was due to vents being open, but aft making doubly sure everything was shut, the airstream was still filled with dust the next time we travelled. Turns out there are big gaps in the floor, and the wheel well covers are not sealed. Quick trip to Lowe's and half a roll of Gorilla Tape later, we're not expecting to have any more issues (we also installed some plywood over the bigger holes). It was a pain to remove the cupboards, oven, fire board, and seating areas to reach the gaps, but we're happy we did it, as we have a much better appreciation for how the AS is constructed. Plus it was super dusty back there, so glad we got the opportunity to clean up.
- The fire extinguisher fell off. It now lives elsewhere (permanent place yet to be found)
- The strip in the door (about halfway up in the outside) is coming loose. AS will need to repair that.
- The shower bar wasn't attached properly (screws were missing).
- We cut up some old garden hose, and attached it to the gas pipes underneath (externally) to protect them from stones and rocks.
- We bought a rock-guard "truck moustache" to go on the back of our Ram 1500. Paintwork on the A-frame still needs touching up due to stones thrown up by the truck wheels. Speaking of which - does anyone know where we can get some rock guard window stickers from? I'm sure they'll get dinged, and it would be nice to keep the National Park commemoration stickers.

Other stuff:
- We installed a Trimetric 2030 batter meter. Just finished installing it, with the panel now housed below the awning control panel. Next step is to work out how many solar panels we will need to buy.
- Removed the TV from the bedroom. We don't have one at home, so why have one in the trailer? We left the TV in the seating area for now... Time will tell how much it doesn't get used.

We're really enjoying our new travelling vacation home.
Hope you all are too!
Joostandrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:39 PM   #329
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
2016 Airstream Pendleton Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleStream View Post
We had 4 80w panels installed by the dealer. They said 100w panels wouldn't fit and 320w total was good for our system.
I'll check on certificate. Thanks for the heads up.
Jay

Interesting...........

100 watt panels are all I use for Airstream trailers ......... LOTS OF THEM!!!!!! Up to 8 on a 30 footer.

:-))
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:33 PM   #330
2 Rivet Member

1993 30' Excella
Salida , Colorado
I like it... feels like being in a cabin. That works for some, not for others. I too don't care for the etched glass and trim on the seats either. Plain is better (no logo). I do love the Pendleton look with the dark floor but would love to see cabinets in maple instead of wood used.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:19 PM   #331
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
Casper , Wyoming
Any Pendeltons still floating around out there (for sale)? Just curious!
Racheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:26 PM   #332
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
Casper , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
Interesting...........

100 watt panels are all I use for Airstream trailers ......... LOTS OF THEM!!!!!! Up to 8 on a 30 footer.

:-))

Hi Lewster! How do I set up an appt. to outfit my 27 FB Sterling with solar panels? I'm in Wyoming😊
Racheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:02 PM   #333
Silver Coop

2016 28' Pendleton
Glenwood , Iowa
Did anyone else get a certificate ?
Old 07-31-2016, 05:09 AM   #334
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Commerce , Texas
I have not gotten one.
billymyers56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:36 PM   #335
1 Rivet Member

Grand Rapids , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrFade View Post
... and next week begins a three week adventure to the North Country of Minnesota.
Our friends reported seeing your rig here in Grand Rapids (Minnesota) a few days ago. Hope you're enjoying your visit to our fine area!

Our Pendleton is waiting for us back in Tucson. We purchased it this Spring before returning to MN but had no way to tow it here at that time. We've since sold the motor coach and have a new tow vehicle on order and are very much looking forward to taking her out when we return to Tucson in November.

Dale and Doreen
DaleBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #336
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
Hi Dale - had a great stay in N. Minnesota. We actually have a cabin up there but got to camp in the Pendleton for a few nights while we shared the cabin with some guests. Cleared some of our property for a parking area and turnaround. Of course the Pendleton is actually nicer than our 100+ year old cabin, just not quite the same level of memories and history....yet Must be hard to wait until November to get back into your new Pendleton. Enjoy and maybe we will see you on the road up in "the North Country" next summer. Safe travels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleBenson View Post
Our friends reported seeing your rig here in Grand Rapids (Minnesota) a few days ago. Hope you're enjoying your visit to our fine area!

Our Pendleton is waiting for us back in Tucson. We purchased it this Spring before returning to MN but had no way to tow it here at that time. We've since sold the motor coach and have a new tow vehicle on order and are very much looking forward to taking her out when we return to Tucson in November.

Dale and Doreen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2716[1].jpg
Views:	190
Size:	486.3 KB
ID:	268318  
2017 Lance 1062

Old 08-05-2016, 04:11 PM   #337
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
East central , Illinois
SrFade
Saw the thumbnail of your truck and Pendelton. Did you install rack on truck cab to carry the canoe? We have 2 fishing kayaks and don't want to add a cap to our F250 crew cab. Always looking for a way to carry the kayaks. How long is your canoe and any trouble carrying it with he trailer?
Thanks
Gina
Old 08-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #338
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
SrFade
Saw the thumbnail of your truck and Pendelton. Did you install rack on truck cab to carry the canoe? We have 2 fishing kayaks and don't want to add a cap to our F250 crew cab. Always looking for a way to carry the kayaks. How long is your canoe and any trouble carrying it with he trailer?
Thanks
Gina
Hi Gina - yes, we installed a Yakima rail system on the cab roof along with a pair of their longest round cross bars. We have two canoes (Navaro 16ft and an Alumacraft 15ft) and can carry them both side by side on the rack. I would think your kayaks would be similar or less width than the canoes. As for the length, on our Crew Cab long bed F350, we could easily carry an 18 ft or longer boat. Lots of room as the attached phot shows with our 16ft loaded up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	268451  
2017 Lance 1062

Old 08-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #339
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
East central , Illinois
Red face

Thanks for the info. Had to enlarge your picture as I initially thought you were carrying all that stuff behind you!
Gina
Old 08-14-2016, 11:50 AM   #340
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
Evergreen , Colorado
Enjoying a five day weekend at Beaver Meadows Ranch in #006. Campsite is right next to the North Fork of the Cache La Poudre river. 21 fish yesterday out of the beaver ponds - 20 brookies in the 8 to 10 inch class and one 15 inch rainbow. Beautiful spot but moderate biting fly issues due to the horse corrals at adjacent campsites. Pendleton fits right in here with the back hatch facing the stream.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	428.4 KB
ID:	269080