Old 12-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Vintage Airstream Club Website

Hello All,
If you are a Vintage Airstream Club member and have been wondering what the heck is going on with the VAC website or didn't get the email I have posted below (like I didn't) the VAC has an updated site.

Make sure you are paid up! They say a new VA is on the way.........

Here ya go

Dear VAC Member,

This notice is just a reminder to let you know that your membership in the Vintage Airstream club is about to expire. The good news is that you can now renew your membership online by going to the VAC's new website at Home and signing up there to renew your membership. We are using PayPal to process renewals online – an overwhelming request by the members of the club.

Once you have signed up and input all of your information you will be a member in good standing through 2010 in the VAC and will continue to receive the Vintage Advantage Newsletter.

In fact, once you sign up through the new VAC Website, you will be able to view online the latest issue of the Vintage Advantage Newsletter which is currently being printed. Don't worry, you will still receive this issue in the mail as always but unless you renew in the VAC, this will be your last issue.

The VACs new website has been a year in the making and is YOUR members site, complete with online repository of past newsletters and vintage documents, as well as an online store for VAC merchandise. Participate on the VAC online forums to get the latest news and information on club activities.

If you are looking for an easy way to renew and maintain your membership in the Vintage Airstream Club, go online to Payment Plans to renew now and continue to receive your newsletter.

I'm now paid up through 2010 and can't wait to get my copy of the 2009 VA.

59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Thumbs up Looks Great

Was scrolling through the bookmarks and saw the new site today. Looks great.
Couldn’t log in to the site or the Forum though. Tried all the usual names and passwords with no luck. My name is displayed in the members directory and I know it’s current. Fortunately there’s a lost password link.
Had the same issue with the WBCCI forum when it switched over to the new owners.
Nice to see the VAC Web presence increasing.

Tom.

Not All Who Wander Are Lost.

Avid supporter of trailing edge technology.
Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Tom,

All of the old login information from the Airstream.net site had to be scrapped. There was no way to port that information over to the new site. The new site will require all members to sign up for access or at least they will have to let me know that they want access so i can set them up. Much of what is on the site is stuff for the members of the club.

The forums for example are not a public forums per se, but rather a forums for club members to stay connected and to VAC activities and topics. Most of the threads are readable by the public but you do have to be a member/subscriber of the VAC to post.
The site is also a renewal portal - but your membership is already in good standing through 2010.

What we did was take all of the members who were in good standing through 2010, like you, and set them up already on the site. We gave them a temporary user id and password and sent that information to them by email. You should have received a copy of that message from us. If not, let me know by PM and I will have it resent to you. I may need to verify your email address if you did not receive it. Once you log in, you will be able to see your profile and update it, use the forums fully, see the latest issue of the Vintage Advantage online and download any of the vintage documents we have uploaded online. Just PM me and I will do whatever I can to get you all running.

Ed - If you did not receive that renewal message, you may need to check your spam folder. Over 500 of those renewal messages went out and barely a dozen were returned to me, none came back as a bounce from the address we have on record for you. At least, you were able to renew on the new site without a problem, no? Those messages came through OK, yes?

Tim
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 19' Globetrotter
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Thank You for the POST!

Todd
Instagram #Vinstream
vinstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
The new site worked like a charm and it navigates well. I'm all paid up for 2010 via paypal. The new VA was an excellent read. Thanks to all involved for the hard work you have put in. I guess I will hold on to the Trade Wind for another year
Old 12-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Quote:
My name is displayed in the members directory and I know it’s current.

A little about that "Directory" - think of it like an online version of the WBCCIs Membership Directory. It will be an item that will be published yearly online (and possibly in print as well as there was strong interest in this). We will take the members who have renewed and are in good standing and create this listing. Greater details are available for registered members of the VAC.
But that Directory is a separate part of the site and not related to the members list available in the forums for example.

tk

Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 12-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #7
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Tim, does a copy need to be mailed or can I just email U the info to join, then do Paypal?

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 AM   #8
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Actually, you can just go to the site anytime and join - it processes payment with PayPal. You put all of your info in as you register.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:47 AM   #9
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
ok, done, do U use my registration or Paypal email to contact conformation?

Old 12-12-2009, 02:50 AM   #10
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
You should have gotten a confirmation email message that contains a link to confirm the registration. Let me know if you didn't. I already activated your account anyway but I would like to know if you got the message or not.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:55 AM   #11
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Ummm - Boy - could I say volumes here - but I won't.

The VACs site has been a year plus labor of love. It has taken quite a lot of time because all of the pieces have to work together. The VACs site has been a team effort from the start, overseen by Jim Cooper and several others over the course of development. Nothing was implemented without first checking that it was appropriate or necessary. The "Member Directory" is an example of that. All of the features it has were requests of the membership and the VAC leadership. We even held phone conferences to discuss progress and direction. The only thing the VAC did not directly pick was the layout, that was done to match the identity of the Vintage Advantage Newsletter - you can check out the free issue if you want.

The site is not perfect - like all sites, the work is never truly complete. And we have some phase 2 stuff we will be adding later. We are entertaining suggestions and incorporating them as we can.

I will say that the rumor that was spread around by an unscrupulous individual to WBCCI leadership that my server, which is currently hosting the site for now, is located on a Portuguese controlled island off the coast of Africa is patently untrue. I don't know where stuff like this comes from - well, yes I do.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:35 AM   #12
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
how come you didn't put all kinds of banner ads up and down one side and across the bottom, so that you could at least reap some income for your personal efforts? Do you have a side business you could advertise there, maybe gain some exposure and pick up a few bucks in the process?
Unlike G...... he has class!

Old 12-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #13
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
You should have gotten a confirmation email message that contains a link to confirm the registration. Let me know if you didn't. I already activated your account anyway but I would like to know if you got the message or not.
yes, thanks

Old 12-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #14
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Nice work, the site looks great!

Why did you switch domain names? Airstream.net is a pretty great domain!

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote