Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > VAC | Vintage Airstream Club
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
VAC Region 2 special membership drive

The Vintage Airstream Club (VAC) has appointed a new
Region 2 (NY-NJ-PA-MD-DE-DC-ON )VAC representative.

I will be your local contact for membership or rally information.

In an effort to drive membership in our region, I urge any Vintage Airstream owner (with a 25 year old+) to join for only $20 a year in all the VAC activities through out the country culminating at the International in 2012, where they always have the best happy hours.

There are also Vintage magazines and newsletters that are included in the annual membership which are worth the cost of the dues many times over.

Non Vintage members are also welcome to join as associates for only $20 a year.

Please visit http://vintageairstreamclub.com for more info.

I can be reached at BobR2vac@gmail.com

There will be vintage parking at the New York State rally September 29-Oct 2

Old 07-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Enjoy

Bob,

Here's a link to a webpage I created during my time as the Region 2 Guy. It's not been updated in a while, if you have something you would like put on the site, let me know, I'll do my best to get it on there.

Region2-VAC - Home

I'm sure you'll have fun planning rallies and caravan's like I did. During one of the VAC rallies we hosted the event donated over $300.00 to the KOA Kare Kamps from the funds of a duck race.

Still have the 4'x24' "Welcome to... BYAMVILLE" sign where everyone was given a B/W photo in a frame standing under it next to my 1968 International Travelall and 1966 Safari. Still see those photo's in peoples trailers to this day.

The "Welcome to... BYAMVILLE" was reproduced by "Shacksman" for me. The same sign hung at the first WBCCI International Rally which everyone that attended got thier picture taken under the sign, thus the idea above.

FYI, during my time never updated the Region 2 VAC Constitution or By-Laws so that may have to be done (if there is even one). As you can imagine, that was not at the top of my list.

Enjoy,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	byam.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	134177   Click image for larger version

Name:	group1.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	485.2 KB
ID:	134178  

Name:	welcome to Byamville1.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	134179   Click image for larger version

Name:	kids.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	134180  

Old 07-08-2011, 05:28 AM   #3
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Thanks for sharing Paul that's great memorabilia, the website was unknown to me.

Can I borrow the sign for our upcoming NYS Fall Rally?

About how many vintage are there in R2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
FYI, during my time never updated the Region 2 VAC Constitution or By-Laws so that may have to be done (if there is even one).
Pattie Reed sandbagged me into a meeting where they had questions on the the VAC bylaws.....................they now have a new parliamentarian

Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
Rivet Master

What happen to the free membership offer?

I've heard of striking while the iron is hot, but I didn't even have time to get my hammer up!

It cost you less to make the sign than it would for me to ship it. Tyvek, brush & blue paint.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
It was a miss understanding that it was ok to do, not that big a deal it's still just $20.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Just to clarify, that is $20 on top of the $65 to the WB right? You make it a little unclear stating only $20. So is it $85 total to be a VAC member?

Paul, Thank you for a very fond memory. Your rally was one of my favorites. Many of us were swapping tales of it just last weekend..

Name:	IMG_2345.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	134535
Old 07-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Just to clarify, that is $20 on top of the $65 to the WB right? You make it a little unclear stating only $20. So is it $85 total to be a VAC member?

Paul, Thank you for a very fond memory. Your rally was one of my favorites. Many of us were swapping tales of it just last weekend..
Attachment 134535
Plus unit or MAL fee of $20!
1950 Spartan
Old 07-12-2011, 02:36 AM   #8
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
The Vintage Advantage is a killer publication. It is worth far more that the cost of dues. As a former member, I must make that clear.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #9
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shacksman View Post
Plus unit or MAL fee of $20!
It could be as low as free or just a buck to join some units!

Old 07-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
It could be as low as free or just a buck to join some units!

Or it could be more like $105.00 to belong to WBCCI/w intraclub, and unit and don't forget the $500.00 rallies which are really too steep for me. But Bob, if you are giving samples and trials away, may I have a subscription to the Vintage Advantage? I have never popped for the $20.00 for the publication or associate dues since it is the same cost as full VAC membership. That is the same as paying MAL dues without full member benefits. It doesn't sit right. You don't have to be a vintage owner to make decisions, why just look at the moho owners making decisions for the trailer owners. Or was that a very bad analogy? And then you still need to be elected to serve.

What unit is free? I thought that was against the model constitution. I could save a buck from my already super saver unit? If units can afford to run units sucessfully on a buck then why do we all fork over $65.00 for the privilege to go camping with our own friends? It makes you wonder...

photography
Old 07-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Arrow

Metro NY has membership drive for new club members for the rest of 2011 and all of 2012.

Special Offer For New Members of the Metro NY Chapter:
Join the Metro NY chapter between June 1 and September 30 and receive free unit dues for your first year and a $50 discount on NYS Rally Registration!

This offer I believe includes Mal's seeking to join a unit and any affiliate joining Metro NY.

So it is possible to join the club as a full member for ONLY $15 if these perks are used.

Link

Throw in another $20 bucks and you're in VAC for a total of $35

Old 07-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
.....then why do we all fork over $65.00 for the privilege to go camping with our own friends? It makes you wonder...
I don't and never will!!! Those who do are just supporting... I'd better not say.....
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

Old 07-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Up/Down

Like any business or non-profit, leadership drives business, donations and membership either up or down.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	naysayers.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	134643  
Old 07-14-2011, 05:25 AM   #14
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Nuvite, thanks for putting another down another unit, attack me, and make veiled insults all you want. I have a thick skin and the attacks only reflect badly on the one doing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Leo,
I hear Metro NY membership is down to about half what it when you were president. That what you hear? Guess that's why they're giving away memberships for free.
That's simply not true, there are about 4 less, the free membership has been done by several units as a promotional idea before. It's not a great difference from charging a buck, except this offer is short term.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #15
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Jimmy100 aka Hunt J, is no longer a WBCCI member and has no first hand knowledge of these allegations he speaks to, which are not true at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy100 View Post
now offering not only a free MetroNY membership ($$) but also a HUGE $50 savings if you attend the NY State Rally ($$$) and join MetroNY. I wonder if MetroNY members are asking any questions about how it's financially possible to do this, or if they'll even get any answers.
Why is this of any interest to you a non member I suppose you just want to castigate Metro NY for sake of doing it.
This membership drive had unanimous support of the board it goes back to marketing 101. A free membership drive for a few months really has no out of pocket expense to Metro NY, the idea being if new members like the group they'll rejoin the following year.

Quote:
The irony of these special offers can't be lost on the remaining Metro members and certainly reopens the highly questionable financial antics of Metro officers with the Defend Wally funds and donors...questions that for some when posed were not even acknowledged as received, much less answered. During this period, Metro's treasury and Treasurer's reports were as well guarded a secret ... or so it appeared.
Now you're in the area of defamation, every dime was accounted for.
Metro NY never received any money in fact the unit was the biggest donor and loser of money in the whole deal.
The treasurers reports were adhered to according to RONR.
All the bookkeeping was audited by an independent 3rd party.

Your emails not responded to.....they were the same diatribe you spit out now those emails didn't merit a response.

Enough of this already Hunt, move on with your decision to leave the club.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Now you're in the area of defamation, every dime was accounted for.
Metro NY never received any money in fact the unit was the biggest donor and loser of money in the whole deal.
The treasurers reports were adhered to according to RONR.
All the bookkeeping was audited by an independent 3rd party.
As a member of the Defend Wally team and a financial contributor I declare that That is not true statement. Since the moderators will not allow discussion of DW conveniently for you and MNY, neither should you claim wrongful exoneration and duck out after your misstatements and misinformation.

photography
Old 07-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #17
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Carol, your statement is not true statement

Can you back that up with any facts?

Mods this thread is going off topic to far its getting crazy

Closed Thread