Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > VAC | Vintage Airstream Club
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yeah I probably should. Are the Happy Hour times and locations included with membership? Maybe just distribute those flashing devices they do in restaurants to alert you that your table is ready and I will high tail it over from my section. I feel like such a poacher showing up at the tent, even though one might get half a dozen invitations, most don't realize that you may have had an invitation and I feel kinda funny being there.

But Nuvi where are your pancakes flipping? I would have loved to have gone to the Vintage Texas rally but just got back from the Top Sail rally. It sure looks fun. I love vintage open houses. We belong to Tin Can Tourists--they just tuck us out of sight.

There's the joint caravan to Perry of which my new unit is cohosting but so far no VAC associate plans on where non vintage would go.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
But Nuvi where are your pancakes flipping?
We always try to make the Region 7 VAC rally. This year it will be a joint effort with Region 5. It's at a vintage airplane airport in Poplar Grove, IL and runs from June 14 - 17. (Usually its later in the summer.) Note: There are two Poplar Groves in IL. This is the one near Rockford.

Region 7 VAC rallies are always buddy rallies so you are welcome in your new-fangled trailer. For more information see the VAC home page, The Vintage Airstream Club.

Although there will be a schedule, VAC rallies tend to be very un-regimented and happy hour runs pretty much all day.

One of these years we want to make it to the Rocky Mountain VAC rally but haven't managed to yet.

Hey, hope you can make it to the Poplar Grove rally!

Best,
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F
One of these years we want to make it to the Rocky Mountain VAC rally but haven't managed to yet.
Hey...I hope you do! The mid-west is very well represented this year ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
That's near our old stomping grounds! We have camped at Rock Cut SP near Rockford and lived in Spring Grove and McHenry for many years. If I didn't have the Rivettes Summer Solstice back to back with the International in June I would seriously consider it for this year and pop on over. Thanks and maybe next time we will be able to buddy up. I have never attended a dedicated WBCCI vintage rally. I have visited the Vintage section at the Internationals and enjoy the open house as the high point.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Wheel,

Yeah, we've stayed at Rock Cut on the way to points north. Interesting park. The entrance practically goes through a shopping center but the park is teeming with crittters of all kinds.

A couple of general comments, VAC is big in Region 7. Past WI Unit president is Ed Emerick, current VAC president. Current SD Unit president is also VAC.

If you are in that neck of the woods you might want to attend this years Region 7 rally in Huron, SD this August. I'm sure there will be several Vintage units there as well as good Region 7 midwestern hospitality.

I'm not sure where the 2008 Region 7 VAC rally will be. There was talk of Huron, but I don't know if that is still in the cards since the Region 7 rally will be there this year. The SD Unit is working hard to put SD on the WBCCI map.

Usually the Region 7 VAC rally is in WI or MN. If you will be coming to the rally from home, a neat way to do it is to come across Lake Michigan on the SS Badger from Ludington to Manitowoc. (The Badger is a vintage ship!) We have done the crossing several times with our Pacer. You don't have to worry about putting your rig on board because they do it, and they're good.

Anyhow, see you down the road one of these days!

Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hey we definitely have to hook up with region 7 somewhere down the road. We just have toooo much in common. We usually camped in Wisconsin State Parks. Love the Northern Lakes and did a tour around it a year ago starting with the USS Badger!!!! That is the coolest ship.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0049_resize.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	31996   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0059_resize.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	31997  

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0510_resize.JPG