Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > VAC | Vintage Airstream Club
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2006, 07:52 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
In particular Fred's articles on the history of streams have been worth the price of admission. Now if I could only snag a copy of the Volume 10, Issue 2 newsletter to scan I'd be in heaven (it covers 1950-1953 streams)...
Just PM your mailing address, and it will be on the way, slightly dog eared of course.
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #5783
Alumaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic67
I'm just glad there is room for both old and new. Having just purchased a new '05 leftover (I call it my Vintage '05 ), and a 2006 Tow vehicle ( I call it Vintage '06 since the '07's are already on the lots), I feel my deep down appeal for a 50's or 60's AS and a matching like-year TV is even more solidified. I am thankful that there are buyers for the new airstreams to help keep the company around, and I am equally thankful there are many who have a passion for vintage AS models as much I do. Sometime in the future I will take the plunge on a VAS, but I am glad to have the chance to have found the '05 Leftover which helps get my family and I going with much sought after ventures in to Airstream camping! Ventures that we put off for far too many years and will make up for in due time.
Dennis, you are right on the money. I also purchased a New Vintage 2005 Safari. I needed a bigger trailer for Hurricane Evacuation than my 68 GT. The Vintage trailer is what brought me to Airstream and why I purchased a New Vintage 05. I sold my 68 GT, not because I had to but I want to find an older trailer to restore. If it had not been for the interest in Vintage Airstreams I would have SOB. BTW my TV is vintage 2001.

Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:25 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis
Zep---Don't you think you might be a bit pretentious with that claim. I wouldn't for a moment think you would be anything but proud of a "Spiffy Vintage Airstream", especially if one had hours of labor invested,but to insinuate those who own new coaches are not proud of them is simply not true.-----pieman
topology of pride:
Type I: pride of having
Type II: pride in having done

Big difference.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium
... I want to come back on topic and, with a little more insight, modify my original objective. I'd like to see the financial assets of WBCCI and VAC used to create a permanent "center" for Airstream maintenance skills. ...and for more rallies with more formalized skills demonstrations/teaching/mentoring activities.
Here's an example from the current EAA gathering in Oshkosh:

http://www.airventure.org/2006/thurj...alworking.html
Old 07-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #45
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium
I want to come back on topic and, with a little more insight, modify my original objective.

I'd like to see the financial assets of WBCCI and VAC used to create a permanent "center" for Airstream maintenance skills. I'm going to push for this permanent Vintage Airstream Home
hi ya zep...

i'd like to help ya steer back on course.......
here is the thread where ya started this 'topic' i think...
http://www.airforums.com/forum...ams-24585.html

or at least stated the original objective...

before ya started this vacinwallysteamofthought...

so perhaps ya want to edit that last post, or take it over to the thread that is closer in topic?
and where folks had started posting on this workshop thing...
and i'm sure you know the vac has had rallies like this right?

so what sort of hijack is this?

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
LOL, you know others' posts better than they do. Who are you?

I'd say this is the lowest of lojacks!

And, yes, I do know VAC and others do maintenance rallies, which I should have acknowledged, since apprearing uninformed certainly undercuts the force of one's argument(s). Not necessarily a new experience for me, unfortunately. (by the way, I'm going to ask the moderators to rename this emoticon "Zep")
Old 07-30-2006, 07:26 AM   #47
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Hughsonville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark
Dennis, you are right on the money. I also purchased a New Vintage 2005 Safari. I needed a bigger trailer for Hurricane Evacuation than my 68 GT. The Vintage trailer is what brought me to Airstream and why I purchased a New Vintage 05. I sold my 68 GT, not because I had to but I want to find an older trailer to restore. If it had not been for the interest in Vintage Airstreams I would have SOB. BTW my TV is vintage 2001.

Jim
Jim, That's terrific! I'm sure the vinatge appeal has alot to do with having a feel of days-gone-by in the here-and-now. I love the looks and feedback I have gotten so far while pulling the A/S. My wife and kids now do the A/S sighting game while we're out and about.

On the way home for the first time last Monday afternoon (7/24) with the A/S in tow while driving west on I-84 in Connecticut, we got our first friendly wave from a fellow-A/S'er who was pulling their A/S eastbound. (I Wonder if that was anyone on this forum?).

It's all fun.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:23 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by klevan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
In particular Fred's articles on the history of streams have been worth the price of admission. Now if I could only snag a copy of the Volume 10, Issue 2 newsletter to scan I'd be in heaven (it covers 1950-1953 streams)...
Just PM your mailing address, and it will be on the way, slightly dog eared of course.
Now if I too could get a copy of that scan of that same issue it'd be great. Like 65GT, that was the last issue before I joined the VAC. I have the history articles from 1954 forward, but would love to get the '50-'53 details.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:57 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Now if I too could get a copy of that scan of that same issue it'd be great. Like 65GT, that was the last issue before I joined the VAC. I have the history articles from 1954 forward, but would love to get the '50-'53 details.
Greetings Joe,
Just PM 65GT and have him send my copy to you when he's done with it.
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #5783
Alumaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:30 AM   #50
3 Rivet Member

1951 21' Flying Cloud
Western , Kentucky
The 50-53 Article

Originally Posted by 66Overlander

Is that article online anywhere or could it placed online? I too would like a copy and I am sure many others would find it interesting reading as well.

Greg

« - | Top | VAC Rallies »