Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2017, 11:45 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Letts , IA
Wanted: 25' Airstream travel trailer

Title:
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Good condition, 1990's to 2005, 25 twin preferred. No Argosy or Tradewind

Will travel far to buy
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...-airstream-fb/
mstineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:59 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2009 34' Classic
Lake Worth Beach , Florida
I'm pretty sure the 25' Front Bedroom models were first introduced in around 2005. Plenty of rear bedroom models in the years you're asking about, but not front bedroom.

Jim
2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, Cummins TurboDiesel
AirstreamJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:16 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Jim is absolutely correct. The 25FB was introduced as a Safari in 2005. It was a brand new floor plan at that time.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:35 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Our first AS was a 1985 25' with a rear corner bed, which took us all around the country, and into the Canadian Maritimes, over seven years. Looking back, that unit is so familiar that the front bedroom model seems "backwards."

If you are looking for an older unit, with the "feel" of the times [like the great tambor-doored spice rack behind the range/cooktop] you might want to consider getting a rear bedroom model IMO. Our front sofa, with drop-down dining tables made for a very comfortable floor plan.

Good luck with your search,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:21 AM   #5
Trailer Sold, Waving

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Stettler , Alberta
Using the advanced search feature of RV Trader shows three trailers meeting your criteria, but all are rear bedroom. Best of luck.
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Elizabethton , Tennessee
How much does something like this go for? Where's the best place to find them? Thanks!
pythonesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:03 AM   #7

2015 27' FB International
Valrico , Florida
25' Fb

Have 27' International Serenity late model 2015 for sale. Thought you might be interested.
Ferrellim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:58 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Welcome to the forum! FYI there is a Classified area — see tab above — but selling things in the forums is frowned on.

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/

Good luck,

Peter
Old 11-18-2017, 06:00 AM   #9

2016 26' Flying Cloud
San Marcos , California
Wanted: 25' Airstream, FB

I am interested in the 27 ft International Serenity for sale. Where is it located, and how much are you asking for it?
Glamperlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #10

Currently Looking...
Letts , IA

Thanks for info Jim - looks like I'm going to need more $.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:52 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Katy , Texas
Why haven't I got a reply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Welcome to the forum! FYI there is a Classified area — see tab above — but selling things in the forums is frowned on.

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/

Good luck,

Peter
Peter. I'm new to this forum. A few days ago I sent messages to 4 separate people that had listings on the classified section. I haven't gotten one single reply. Are there a lot of hoax/phony ad's on the site?

Please don't do what they are doing and be "silent". Please reply so I know that there's not something wrong on my end.

Please help.
dennymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:53 PM   #12

Currently Looking...
Letts , IA

Thanks Peter
Old 11-19-2017, 06:50 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennymusic View Post
Peter. I'm new to this forum. A few days ago I sent messages to 4 separate people that had listings on the classified section. I haven't gotten one single reply. Are there a lot of hoax/phony ad's on the site?

Please don't do what they are doing and be "silent". Please reply so I know that there's not something wrong on my end.

Please help.
Yes there are bogus ads there, and sometimes the sellers are rude enough not to remove an ad if it has been sold.

You are probably doing exactly the right thing.

Sorry!

Peter
Old 11-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #14
1 Rivet Member

Katy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Yes there are bogus ads there, and sometimes the sellers are rude enough not to remove an ad if it has been sold.

You are probably doing exactly the right thing.

Sorry!

Peter
Ok. Now I know why I haven't got one single reply from these people. I'll report them and I really appreciate your help Peter.

Denny.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #15

Currently Looking...
new preston , Connecticut

I am a farmer and have bought and sold farm equipment/horses etc on craigslist and other sites for 20 +years. In that period I have seen my share of scams but nothing like the number of scams I have seen in the Airstream community just in the last week I have been answering ads. I can only assume that the scammers think that Airstream buyers/sellers as a group are stupid.
bondboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #16
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
I posted this on another thread but it also applies to this thread.

I'm just going to say this........for what it's worth.

Be careful when advertising that you WANT something. Scammers love it when people advertise that they WANT something. They'll get in contact with you and send you as many Google images they can pull easily off the net, along with as much info they can find out on the net re the specifications for the item you want. The price they want for the item will be ridiculously low, but it won't last long as they have had some others looking at the item. You will be asked to send a deposit by wireless transfer, or their link to Paypal to secure the item......if you send the money, it will be gone, and so will they.

If you think you're too savvy to fall for it, so did a friend of mine. These scammers are pro's at feeding off your greed for the deal of the century and lust for the item wanted. If it seems to good to be true, run away.

DON'T send money without having seen the item for yourself and any legal documents you will need to determine their right to sell the item.

In your case of an Airstream trailer purchase, where the trailer maybe a considerable distance away from you I would spend a small amount of money hiring an inspector from this forum to check it out, or a local law enforcement officer that could be hired off duty. Even better would be to have both of them attend at the same time. A small amount spent this way could save you thousands later on, when you find out the trailer was stolen and taken away by law enforcement.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Katy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
I posted this on another thread but it also applies to this thread.

I'm just going to say this........for what it's worth.

Be careful when advertising that you WANT something. Scammers love it when people advertise that they WANT something. They'll get in contact with you and send you as many Google images they can pull easily off the net, along with as much info they can find out on the net re the specifications for the item you want. The price they want for the item will be ridiculously low, but it won't last long as they have had some others looking at the item. You will be asked to send a deposit by wireless transfer, or their link to Paypal to secure the item......if you send the money, it will be gone, and so will they.

If you think you're too savvy to fall for it, so did a friend of mine. These scammers are pro's at feeding off your greed for the deal of the century and lust for the item wanted. If it seems to good to be true, run away.

DON'T send money without having seen the item for yourself and any legal documents you will need to determine their right to sell the item.

In your case of an Airstream trailer purchase, where the trailer maybe a considerable distance away from you I would spend a small amount of money hiring an inspector from this forum to check it out, or a local law enforcement officer that could be hired off duty. Even better would be to have both of them attend at the same time. A small amount spent this way could save you thousands later on, when you find out the trailer was stolen and taken away by law enforcement.

Cheers
Tony
Yes,, good advice.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:54 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Woodbridge , Virginia

Hi,
I just saw this thread and realised I am not the only one who does not get responses back from people selling.

My new strategy is to narrow down to three or four rather than one, so at least there is a possibility of a response from one of the sellers.

Lilian.
romaa.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:51 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

Katy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by romaa.13 View Post
Hi,
I just saw this thread and realised I am not the only one who does not get responses back from people selling.

My new strategy is to narrow down to three or four rather than one, so at least there is a possibility of a response from one of the sellers.

Lilian.

Good luck with that. I answered more than one ad, four total AND on this forum, and got ZERO response from either one of them. I've even sent personal messages to each of them and still, cricket's.

I filled out a complaint against each one of them on the 15th. I just looked and each ad is STILL UP. Does anybody follow up on complaints against this? Apparently not although it has only been 8 days. Maybe I should be a little more patient I suppose.

I'm not looking to buy now however I'm VERY upset to have this happen because I thought this was a good forum when I first joined a couple months ago. This is the kind of stuff that gives forums a bad name quick.

Three of the ads were to "sell" their trailers. Those members are;
wesfugate70
Kenson777
SandersPDR

And a fourth one, mtw1221, had an ad reading they were looking to "buy" a trailer like the one I will be selling in a few months.

Hopefully this will all work itself out.
Denny.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:20 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondboy View Post
. . .
. . . I can only assume that the scammers think that Airstream buyers/sellers as a group are stupid.
. . . and rich . . .