Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-04-2018, 01:46 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1955 15' Byam Holiday
Bovina Center , New York
Wally Byam Holiday - RARE

Title:
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

You are viewing a very rare model developed and named after the founder of Airstream trailers; Wally Byam. There were only about 135 of these made in 1954 and perhaps the beginning of 55. There are only about 10-12 remaining that are known and documented in existence. These do qualify to enter and show in any of the vintage Airstream functions across the country.

The floor plan in this was the plan that was used in the Airstream Bubbles a little later in the 50s. Make no mistake, this is a complete rebuild project for someone. This is very complete. I have the original cast iron grate South Bend cooktop, the original icebox, sink and propane light manufactured in Germany. Also includes a Panel Ray vertical heater that was the exact style used in many of these. Has a toilet room. No toilet. Glass lens taillights and bezels are in perfect condition. I can supply a source for the correct marker light lenses which are being reproduced by the only person known to have this same model fully restored.

My intent was to restore this, however I just purchased a 1959 Airstream GlobeTrotter and would like to retain my 1966 Safari as well. I have also realized that I probably have more projects than years. I am going to hold to my stated price of $8500. If this does not go, I will pursue the restoration.

If you do some research, you will see the rarity of this model. Featured and detailed at length in the Spring 2006 issue of Airstream Life magazine.

The skin in this trailer is in amazing condition with only one well done small patch. I have a vintage aluminum panel to repair/replace the dented hinged door insert. NO hasp has EVER been used on the door, therefore no holes in the siding, trim or door. The Wally Byam badge is probably the neatest feature of this trailer. Serial number #1117. The numbering started at 1001 in 1954. This is a 14-1/2 foot model. Body is 12 feet long and 7 feet wide. The rear hatch is designed to slide a spare tire into. These were marketed and sold as the premier combination of American trailer construction built to European design ideas. Riveted aluminum flat panel construction will polish to a brilliant shine.

This is a rare opportunity to build one of the most unique historically significant trailers that you will ever come across.

If you are interested in this at the stated price, please email me. I will send additional pictures wit.h an email request. Thank you for looking.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...-holiday-rare/
kb2tha is offline   Reply With Quote