Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Huntsville , Alabama
Trade for Classic 1961 Lincoln Continental

Title:
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Looking to trade for ready to go (not a profect) 30-34' airstream with rear queen bed, not worried about year only condition. Car is valued at $29,900 so looking for a trailer in that range as I prefer a even swap. Offering: Mad Men Car, this is a 1961 Lincoln Continental Sedan, Survivor Car. This is the first year of the Lincolns with the suicide doors which marked a sea change in automotive design. This car has every option you could get that year, including leather interior and factory air conditioning. Factory paint in the color correct for this car, black. All original, matching numbers car with documentation and maintenance records back to 1964. Car runs and drives. This car has original interior and paint, there are some body blemishes, to be expected on one this old in original condition, that the pictures dont show, if you have looked at old cars then you know that they photograph better than they show in person, that being said this car is in great condition inside and out. I traveled all over the US for over a year to find this car, original condition, if you have looked you know there are not many out there. You can get in this one drive it home and enjoy it now. Vacuum lines that work the climate controls and the single point door locks need replaced. These items worked last year, but eventually 53 year old lines do fail. The speed control was not hooked up when I got the car so I cannot speak to if it works or not and have not had time to get to that, it is all there though. Car has spent its whole life in Wyoming and Colorado, so rust is not an issue; car was last on the road in 1978 and had been sitting in a barn covered over in tarps until I found it. A spare windshield, door glasses and transmission go with the sale. I will show the car by appointment. Terms of sale: Car is located in Fountain Colorado, outside of Colorado Springs. Thanks for looking.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...n-continental/
BRatliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Sure would be fun to use as a Tow Vehicle for our 1961 Globetrotter but not in the cards for now.

Good luck with your trade

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote