Title: Add New - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstream Trailers For Sale
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.
From the PullRite web site:
"The PullRite hitch was designed originally in 1952 to pull welding equipment in California's oil fields. The PullRite features 5th wheel handling characteristics, offering travel trailer owners a sway-free guarantee. No more white-knuckle driving! You can pass semi-truck traffic and confront windy conditions with ease without the stress of battling travel conditions, ideal for van owners looking for sway-free towing.
The design of the PullRite hitch is unique. It eliminates the pivot point at the trailer ball and creates a pivot point at the axle of the tow vehicle, like a 5th wheel hitch, but mounted under the vehicle instead of above the axle.
- Rated to accommodate gross weights up to 10,000 lbs. and tongue weights up to 1,000 lbs.
- Fits '92 to '05 full-size Ford vans (regular, not extended length). May fit newer full-size vans also.
- Performs with no sway control add-on's.
- Functions with great maneuverability and predictable emergency handling.
- 140* turning angle insures no risk of vehicle/trailer collision
- Reversible ball mount nearly doubles ball height adjustment; tip-down feature, adjusts the ball mount to three five-degree settings for ease in hook-up.
- Draw bar may be locked in the center position to accommodate weights up to 3,500 lbs. gross trailer weight.
- Draw bar stows out-of-the-way at the right rear corner.
- Bolt-on attachment, with wide spacing of mounting points, reduces stress to the vehicle frame, creating a more secure application. A total of six bolts attach the hitch to the van frame.
- Spare tire remains in the standard location."
Original owner paid $1,500 in 1999 for this hitch. I removed it 18 months later when I purchased the van. It has been stored inside since that date. Last time I checked, this hitch retails for $2,545.
Everything that you see in the photos is included plus the original owner's manual and parts list.
The hitch is complete except for two chain brackets (Item "A" in Parts List) that mount on the trailer tongue. These were welded to the trailer and went with the trailer. They are still available from PullRite or you can easily fabricate your own.
The complete hitch weighs 240 lbs. I can help load it. If you want to arrange to ship it, I will strap it to a pallet at no charge and load the pallet onto a truck, however, it is up to the purchaser to make all arrangements and pay for shipping. Hitch is located in Ann Arbor, MI 48108. Call 734-476-7208.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing: