Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2016, 10:53 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Saint David , Arizona
2009 Airstream -

Title: 2009 Airstream Design Within Reach 16 - Arizona
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

***SALE PENDING*** This LOADED 2009 16' Airstream International DRW (Design Within Reach) CCD Bambi is one of only 89 DWR models made, and is quite possibly the COOLEST little Airstream that I've ever seen. This CCD was a design collaboration between the San Francisco based company "Design Within Reach" and Christopher C. Deam and is absolutely stunning. The unique and modern interior, Front AND Rear Panoramic Windows, recessed lighting, backlit cabinets, bright colors and polished aluminum walls make this amazing little trailer seem more like a work of art than a travel trailer.
Here's what Airstream had to say about the DWR when it was released:

"San Francisco-based Design Within Reach (DWR), a retailer of well-designed furnishings and accessories commissioned longtime Airstream collaborator Christopher C. Deam to come up with a holistic model for an Airstream that would perfectly telegraph the DWR core values of authorship and curated authority in design. The DWR Airstream travel trailer is a tribute to classic modern design, but it's not only a potential museum piece, it's designed to be part of your life. Hitch up and drive wherever you want to go—the middle of nowhere (Joshua Tree? Canyonlands?), or the middle of Manhattan, where you can now see a vintage Airstream in the Museum of Modern Art. Drive all night, or unhitch and linger, the DWR Airstream is designed for both.

Modern American and European designers were tapped to provide the dramatic flooring, the engineered textiles for the dinette cushions and window treatments, as well as Italian laminate countertops and perforated metal accents. The interior also includes a high quality Sony sound system and flat screen TV, and a wireless external speaker offered as an option.

The DWR Airstream is a mere 16 feet, 7 inches in length. Although compact, the efficiency of design is simple, yet incredibly functional. The exterior features Airstream's famously sleek aluminum skin design and custom pull-out awning. The interior incorporates a new design sensibility, unique materials, and modern classic furnishings — Hellerware indoor/outdoor dinnerware, a Nelson Ball clock, British designer Tom Dixon's coatrack, and luxurious bedding from Matteo."

***PLEASE CALL for info or to come see the trailer- NO EMAILS, too many scams. 520-404-1975*** and I can also direct you to a site where I have 24 FULL SIZE pictures, scan of the build sheet, and more info. (I'm not allowed to include a link here). Airstream thought of just about everything in their smaller trailers, and still kept this one under 3100 pounds so it's easy to tow with lots of today's more economical vehicles, no need for a big gas-guzzler to tow this little beauty. This trailer is about as well-optioned as they come being the CCD/DWR model (Please call and I can email you the factory BUILD SHEET with ALL OPTIONS listed) and here are a few things that stand out, I'm sure I'll forget something, so it's best to check the picture for everything. Roof-mounted Solar Panel with Monitor/Controller, Up-graded 2-Way Automatic refrigerator (Electric, LP), Load-leveling hitch set-up/ball mount, Electric hitch jack, larger front Stainless Steel Rock Guards, Propane Tank Cover, "Fantastic" Vent/Fan w/Rain Sensor, front under-belly mounted spare tire bracket with spare, Audio Upgrade Package: 15" LCD TV, Sony AM/FM/CD/DVD, Sirius XM "Streamer". The system sounds GREAT, and the TV is on a swivel arm, and can be viewed from the dinette or the bed. 2-Burner cook-top, Upgraded "Sealand" China toilet, "Zip Dee" Awning, 11,000 BTU AC, etc. It has the rear double bed, and the dinette also folds into a bed (see pics). This trailer has spent most of its life in AZ and OR and has had one owner, used sparingly, very clean, and owners are NON-Smokers with NO Pets. New "Carlisle" Load-Range E tires 2 months ago with only 1 trip from their Summer home in OR to their Winter home in AZ. Comes with books, manuals, remotes, etc and is ready to hit the road. Please feel free to contact me any time if you need any additional info, would like to come and see the Airstream, or just have questions: 520-404-1975 cell. (Heather Anderson). I am located in Southern AZ near Fort Huachuca (about an hour SE of Tucson), right on highway 90, easy to find. If this Airstream is a little bit too small, please take a minute to click on the "See Other Items" link at the top/right of this page to see my other auction for a 2008 20' Safari SE (that auction ends 6-19 though) and has no reserve.

The following are specs on this trailer, taken directly from Airstream literature, options may vary on the DWR, please see build sheet:

CHASSIS
4300# GVWR • 4300# Axle System • 3080# UBW • 1220# NCC • S.S. Moon Wheel Covers • Radial Black Wall Tires, LRD 15" • 12" Electric Drum Brakes • Electric Hitch Jack w/Light • Stabilizer Jacks (4) • Steel Step • Spare Tire & Bracket.

EXTERIOR
Bright Aluminum Finish - White Roof Top • Polished Rear Bumper w/Storage • License Plate Bracket • Grab Handle • Aluminum LP Bottle Cover • Insulated & Heated Tanks • C.S. & R.S. Awning Rail • DWR Medallion • Enclosed & Insulated Underbelly • Wrap Protectors • Solar Stone Guards • Diamond Plate Exterior Storage Area • Oval LED Taillights w/Visor,* Patio Awning w/Red Fabric • 2 Outdoor Chairs.

WINDOWS & DOORS
Opaque Window in Door • 18" Portal Windows (2) • S.P. Solar Gray Front & Rear Panoramic Windows • Keyed Deadbolt at Entry Door • Screen Door Guard • Refrigerator Vent Doors (2) • 30" Portal Windows (2).

INTERIOR DECOR
DWR Theme Laminates & Fabrics • Ball Wall Clock • Wire Coat Rack • Folding Privacy Partition • Pull Roller Shade • Full Close-out Drapes at Panoramic Windows • Wood/Steel Drawer Boxes • Overheads w/Perforated Metal Slider Doors • Aluminum Interior Skin • Entrance Mat • Laminated Countertops • Interior Grab Handle • Vinyl Flooring Throughout.

BATH DECOR
Towel Bar • Robe Hook • Hinged Bath Door • 16" Round Mirror w/Wire Basket • Shower Curtain • Wet Bath: Shower/Toilet Combination.

BEDROOM DECOR
48" X 78" Bed w/Storage • Bedspread • Bed Pillows (2) & Polymat Foam Mattress • Removable Storage under Bed.

GALLEY DECOR
Laminated Galley Top • Stainless Steel Sink, Single Bowl w/Cover • Perforated Metal Inserts on Refrigerator • Fixed Dinette 40" X 74" • DWR Dinnerware • Faucet w/Pull-Out.

APPLIANCE
11,000 BTU Air Conditioner w/Heat Strip • 12,000 BTU Furnace • 2-Bumer Cook top • Range Hood w/Vent & Light • 3.0 Cu. Ft. 2-Way Auto Refrigerator • Opening Vent in Rear (Non-Powered) • Fantastic Fan (Exhaust Only) w/Built-in Thermostat & Rain Sensor • Bath Exhaust Van (12 Volt) • Probe less Tank Monitoring System - Wall Mount • 6 Gallon Water Heater w/Electronic Ignition • Fire Extinguisher • Smoke, LPG & Carbon Monoxide Detectors.

ENTERTAINMENT & SOUND
Front Overhead w/Radio • Radio Antenna • Premium Audio/Video Upgrade Package -15" TV • AM/FM/CD Receiver w/CD Controller: 52w X 4 High Power Output, 12FM/6AM Presets, Auto Memory & Quartz Clock, and 4 Speakers • T.V. Ready Includes TV Antenna & Amplifier • TV Jack w/12 Volt Outlet • Cable TV & Telephone Hook-Ups (2).

ELECTRICAL
Deep Cycle Coach Battery • 7-Way Trailer Cord w/Junction Box • 110Volt/12Volt Power Center w/55Amp Converter • 12Volt ATC Fuses • Electronic Battery Disconnect • Halogen Lighting • Dinette & Reading Lights • 120Volt Exterior Outlet • Ground Fault Protection for Galley, Bath & Exterior Outlet • Door Light • Water Pump Switch • Exterior Lighting Package includes: Dump Valve, Compartment Lights • Solar Prewired • 30 Amp Service w/Detachable Power Cord.

SYSTEMS
20# Steel LPG Bottles (2) • Automatic 2-Stage Regulator • Water Fill • Water Pressure Regulator • Water Heater Bypass Kit • 23 Gallon Fresh Water Tank w/Drain • 21 Gallon Combination Grey & Black Tank • Heated Tanks - Forced Air • Length 16'7" • Exterior Width - 8' • Interior Width - 7' 7" • Exterior Height W/ AC 9'4" • Interior Height w/ AC 6'4.5" • 480# Hitch Weight • Hitch Ball Height -18" • Safety Chain Hook -11,700# Rating • Sewer Hose Storage Tube • Tank Flush • Exterior Shower.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...ch-16-arizona/
Heather Ande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:30 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
2009 Airstream Design Within Reach 16 - Arizona

Hello Heather. I just left you a voice message. I'm interested in your 2009 Bambi 16. Could you please call me when you get the chance? My mobile is 646.250.1433.
SAM1973 is offline   Reply With Quote