Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2014, 11:11 PM   #1
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
2008 Airstream International CCD 16 - Michigan

Title: 2008 Airstream International CCD 16 - Michigan
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Limited Edition Airstream 16' International DWR (Design Within Reach)Only 60 manufactured, 59 survive. THIS IS THE ONLY BAMBI MODEL THAT INCORPORATES TWO PANORAMIC WINDOWS (FRONT AND REAR!) Eat and Sleep Under the Stars.

Visit DWR.com to learn more about the co-branding of this unit with the world's foremost maker of high end mid-century modern furniture and furnishings. There is even an Airstream in the New York Museum of Modern Art!

OK, I'm a girl and this is MY trailer. I have traveled the Midwest, solo, and have loved it very much. (Michigan, Indiana, West Virginia, Ohio, Adirondacks too!) Non smoker. Each spring, before heading out, I had a Grand Rapids, MI Airstream dealer detail the unit, safety check it, replace bulbs, grease the wheel bearings and wax it with the Airstream recommended product. The dealer has all its maintenance records and I am happy to share them you.

This has been my baby: I've kept it neat and clean and stashed away the DWR goodies/extras (like the two chairs and the dishes and the green seat cushions) in an effort to preserve some of the specialness. These pieces have never been used. I put brown fabric cushions on the seats and will give you all the original bedding, seats, dishes, etc.

In April, 2014, I had new Goodyear tires installed and new wheels. I have the original moon wheels,and will give them to the buyer, but they kept coming loose. Since this DWR is an International 16'er, I replaced the moons with International wheels and I think it looks much better. --At that time I also had all the rubber seals replaced in the panoramic windows. At Alumapalooza this year, the water pump went out so I had it replaced at the Airstream factory. Whew, that was convenient!

In 2012, I traveled to Zip Dee Awnings in Illinois and had them install an additional side awning and a rear awning. This was $1,150 in upgrades and worth every dime. The trailer is so much cooler in the summer.

In 2013, I upgraded the TV to HD and a bigger screen and replaced the deep cycle batteries.

I don't like surprises and I know you don't either. So here's the good, the bad, and the ugly: There is normal wear on the front rock guards with some dings from rocks...nothing horrible. Rock guards can easily be replaced, but these are not at that point yet. There are National Park stickers and travel stickers posted, out of sight, on the inside of the "library" door.

Next up is the ugly (there is one small dimple on the right rear corner, a little customization--courtesy of a picnic table.) That, too, is small and gets noticed IF you are looking for it.

What is really good is that I stored my trailer every winter in our heated barn. This has really paid off in the shine and the handles stayed nice and the black paint on the frame looks good.

Everything that should work, does. The awnings are still beautiful and I have not had any problems with anything electrical. The furnace is great and the air conditioner is also an electric heater--it switches from cold to hot.

I'm including some extras with this sale: a dish drainer that fits perfectly in the sink, an old school silver coffee pot, some designer silverware that looks great with the Nelson Ball Clock, a three tiered wedge so you can level the trailer in a campsite, a new, red bathroom rug, new floor mats, a paper towel rack, dresser drawers in closet, and a campfire goodies cookbook.

Model: 2008 16' International DWR Bambi

CHASSIS
4300# GVWR • 4300# Axle System • 3080# UBW • 1220# NCC • S.S. Moon Wheel Covers • Radial Black Wall Tires, LRD 15" • 12" Electric Drum Brakes • Electric Hitch Jack w/Light • Stabilizer Jacks (4) • Steel Step • Spare Tire & Bracket.

EXTERIOR
Bright Aluminum Finish - White Roof Top • Polished Rear Bumper w/Storage • License Plate Bracket • Grab Handle • Aluminum LP Bottle Cover • Insulated & Heated Tanks • C.S. & R.S. Awning Rail • DWR Medallion • Enclosed & Insulated Underbelly • Wrap Protectors • Solar Stone Guards • Diamond Plate Exterior Storage Area • Oval LED Taillights w/Visor • Patio Awning w/Jockey Red Fabric. IN 2012, ADDITIONAL RED SIDE AND REAR AWNINGS INSTALLED BY ZIP DEE MANUFACTURER.

WINDOWS & DOORS
Opaque Window in Door • 18" Portal Windows (2) • S.P. Solar Gray Front & Rear Panoramic Windows • Keyed Deadbolt at Entry Door • Screen Door Guard • Refrigerator Vent Doors (2) • 30" Portal Windows (2).

INTERIOR DECOR
DWR Theme Laminates & Fabrics • Ball Wall Clock • Wire Coat Rack • Folding Privacy Partition • Pull Roller Shade • Full Close-out Drapes at Panoramic Windows • Wood/Steel Drawer Boxes • Overheads w/Perforated Metal Slider Doors • Aluminum Interior Skin • Entrance Mat • Laminated Countertops • Interior Grab Handle • Vinyl Flooring Throughout. Added some extra little wall boxes for storage and some hooks for clothing.

BATH DECOR
Towel Bar • Robe Hook • Hinged Bath Door • 16" Round Mirror w/Wire Basket • Shower Curtain • Wet Bath: Shower/Toilet Combination. Added Rug.

BEDROOM DECOR
48" X 78" Bed w/Storage • Designer Bedspread • Bed Pillows (2) & Polymat Foam Mattress

GALLEY DECOR
Laminated Galley Top • Stainless Steel Sink, Single Bowl w/Cover • Dish Drainer . Perforated Metal Inserts on Refrigerator • Fixed Dinette 40" X 74" • DWR Dinnerware • Faucet w/Pull-Out.

APPLIANCE
11,000 BTU Air Conditioner w/Heat Strip • 12,000 BTU Furnace • 2-Burner Cook top • Range Hood w/Vent & Light • 3.0 Cu. Ft. 2-Way Auto electric/propane Refrigerator • Opening Vent in Rear (Non-Powered) • Fantastic Fan (Exhaust Only) w/Built-in Thermostat & Rain Sensor • Bath Exhaust Van (12 Volt) • Probe less Tank Monitoring System - Wall Mount • 6 Gallon Water Heater w/Electronic Ignition • Fire Extinguisher • Smoke, LPG & Carbon Monoxide Detectors.

ENTERTAINMENT & SOUND
Front Overhead w/Radio • Radio Antenna • Premium Audio/Video Upgrade Package -19" HD TV (upgraded in 2014) • AM/FM/CD Receiver w/CD Controller: 52w X 4 High Power Output, 12FM/6AM Presets, Auto Memory & Quartz Clock, and 4 Speakers • T.V. Ready Includes TV Antenna & Amplifier • TV Jack w/12 Volt Outlet • Cable TV & Telephone Hook-Ups (2).

ELECTRICAL
Deep Cycle Coach Battery (replaced in 2013) • 7-Way Trailer Cord w/Junction Box • 110Volt/12Volt Power Center w/55Amp Converter • 12Volt ATC Fuses • Electronic Battery Disconnect • Halogen Lighting • Dinette & Reading Lights • 120Volt Exterior Outlet • Ground Fault Protection for Galley, Bath & Exterior Outlet • Door Light • Water Pump Switch • Exterior Lighting Package includes: Dump Valve, Compartment Lights • Solar Prewired • 30 Amp Service w/Detachable Power Cord. Two sets of Flamingo outdoor string lights.

SYSTEMS
20# Steel LPG Bottles (2) • Automatic 2-Stage Regulator • Water Fill • Water Pressure Regulator • Water Heater Bypass Kit • 23 Gallon Fresh Water Tank w/Drain • 21 Gallon Combination Grey & Black Tank • Heated Tanks - Forced Air • Length 16'7" • Exterior Width - 8' • Interior Width - 7' 7" • Exterior Height W/ AC 9'4" • Interior Height w/ AC 6'4.5" • 480# Hitch Weight • Hitch Ball Height -18" • Safety Chain Hook -11,700# Rating • Sewer Hose Storage Tube • Tank Flush • Exterior Shower.

Airstream says: "The most compact Airstream on the road, these 16' travel trailers are perfect for those of you who like to get up and go, at a moment’s notice. This is a trailer that will last for generations. When it comes to small trailers, the Bambi is the finest trailer investment you can ever make."

Interested? Please call me at 810-241-4224. I have many, many more pictures that I'd like to share. I'm selling this beauty so I can upgrade to a larger unit and continue my writing on the road, full time.

I am hoping to sell this to someone who will care for her and love her as much as I have. I want you to be happy!

Kelly
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...d-16-michigan/
Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote